Tutorial: BTTF Doc's Red Wind-Up car *lots of Pics*

Yes it was pristine, came with a box!

The key and the antenna are movable too, no drill holes involved in this beautiful car!

Hello Emma, Curious, How did you not drill any holes in the car?... just hot glued it all on?... also I might have missed something in this thread, but how is the top cover to the back seat made?...

I dont know if this falls under back to the future merchandise or not but just curious if anyone knows if ebay is the only place to find or get the little red japan friction car as used as the wind up car seen in the movie? I keep getting sharked at the last minute every time i see one listed which is rare when it comes to the true red outside with white interior color. I didnt know if there was another website that carried them or if ebay is the only place to keep watching?

I was lucky enough to get one not too long ago and while working on it, it fell off the shop bench hitting the floor with a mighty crash and pretty much destroyed it. So I am currently looking for a new one if anyone has any leads.

Hi All. I've been lurking in this thread but had a chance to see the item itself at the BFI last night so though I would contribute these two images of some details I've not seen very specific reference imagery for before.

The lightning rod is indeed brass tube with another wire inside it, and the base looks like a yellow pencil that has been shaved down to the end to remove the yellow. The brass rod has been inserted into yet another, wider brass tube. Thanks!

bttf.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back