Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Mike for your swift response it is very much appreciated and for your re-assurances. I will let the Eagle seller know and get him to see your comments so he is assured also. I am relying on both the B-Wing model kit from Steve and also the Y-Wing kit from Steve to come to me in order to close out the deal on an Eagle model. Thank you very much once again Mike.

To put my two cents in - I visited Mike in his native habitat a couple of months ago, and we looked at the pattern together for a half hour or so. He fixed a lot of small and large things on his end and you all know his care and attention will translate to a wonderful set of castings, and I worked on a few small pieces on my end. Doug Maio sent me a bit that came in handy, and I hope that the team effort by all will culminate in a final result will make Gold Leader fans happy. Mike is on track with his molds and castings as always, and I will be making an instruction document soon to aide you all in what to do if you have this new kit, or any older casting that you could massage to get closer to "Gold Leader".

Here's a sneak peek of a part I helped make and what you will be in for with instructions

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 6.36.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-05 at 6.37.27 PM.png

I just ordered the Y-wing and just noticed in the instructions I have to order some parts from Plastruct. Is this true ? and what does this mean ???You also need Plastruct tube XXXXXX for the thruster assemblies. Does this mean that some of the parts are the piping and I will have to bend it ?

In addition, you will need to purchase 8
1/4” ABS TEE from Plastruct, code number T-8. It is easiest to order two of their 4-packs, catalog code #90086.
You will also need to puchase butyrate coated wire and butyrate tubing from Plastruct as well. I used the following catalog code tubes/wires: 90101,
90102, 90103, 90104, 90105. You also need Plastruct tube XXXXXX for the thruster assemblies. I also replaced the torpedo tubes and laser cannons with
brass tubing - that is optional, and crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I'm putting this back up and not taking it down until I am compensated. Don't bother begging me again. Don't tell me any more sob stories.

Neisen stiffs his 3D modelers.

Hey Ron,

Like I told you before I ordered the D7 for you. The caster was in the process of a remold and has assured me you will receive one of the first from the new molds. I will check on it for you. I'd totally make one for you but i don't run them. Monsterroomprops will send it once ready.

Voodoocaster i do not vistit the RPF at all. cept now and then to check I'll check messages and get back to you.

Ron

Decided to send you my personal Master Archival Casting of the D7. Dont want you waiting any longer. I have forwarded you the tracking info. Will be dropped off tomorrow.

Peace
rhCapture.JPG

what happened to the sticky thread of the Steve Niesen "IOU"list?

I noticed the thread of Steve Niesen with the list of members to whch he ownes stuff has been removed.
I was wondering why!?
Steve still ownes me Stuff till this day.
I was on that list and i would appreciated it if that thread stays up till i receive my stuff.
Maybe the mods can explain what happened?

Re: what happened to the sticky thread of the Steve Niesen "IOU"list?

I have bought a few things from Steve and he always came through after a bit of haranguing. That being said, I just ordered a TIE advanced from him and one reason was the thread here and my belief that he wouldn't want more people added. I second VooDoos question, especially if folks are still waiting, as well as it being an educational thread for those both new to buying GKs as well as those wanting to sell their creations. Just an aside, personally I think Steve is a nice guy with good intentions, but money is money.

Congratulations with your tie advanced kit!,..that is really an awesome model.

I know Steve will deliver the goods,.i just think it is a bit stange that the thread completely dissapeared knowing that at least i still have to receive some stuff from Steve.
I really would like to see the thread restored untill everyone on the iou list has received their goods.
I was under the understanding that this also was the intention/purpose of that thread,. correct me if i am wrong ,.Mods/Steve?
I really would like to see Steve's reputation restored to what it used to be.
Putting an end to the iou list would be great for him and for the people still waiting for their paid for goods,.maybe i am the only one left on the list i really can't tell.
I hope Steve reads this and will send out the goods asap.

Neisen still owes me quite a bit. After my post in the missing thread, he sent me a kit that had missing parts, no decals, and parts warped from having boxes stacked on top.

Last edited:

Voodoocaster and RonH please pm me and let me know what Steve Owes you or what the issues are. I will speak with him.
Thank You
Dan

RON H I dont owe you anything. You are a disgruntle little man who has screwed me over. Do you really want to get into the time I supported you buy buying you a computer graphics card?? Paying for a Cell phone so you could do work for me on the BOP which you never delivered AND kept a $500 tuskuda BOP kit! You are so full of lies its stupid. I OWE YOU NOTHING! Voodocaster Mike messaged me last week saying you have been taken care of. is this not the case?

Steve,..Mike contacted me 2 weeks ago saying that he indeed would take care of the leg set and needed my shipping-adress.
I did not hear from him since, so i do not know wether he actually did take care of the parts and shipped them out or not.
I will let you know he moment the set arrives.

They will be on the way soon, I have to fit these in with my regular work load. Weather is cold and lots of snow days = loss of work days. They are almost done.

Steve,..Mike contacted me 2 weeks ago saying that he indeed would take care of the leg set and needed my shipping-adress.
I did not hear from him since, so i do not know wether he actually did take care of the parts and shipped them out or not.
I will let you know he moment the set arrives.

I received all my stuff from Steve this week!:thumbsup
Allthough it took a real long time for these parts to finaly come my way i must say that in a way i am glad i received them now and not when Steve initially intended to cast them and send them out.
I believe the type of resin used by Mike on these parts is much better suited for weight bearing parts ,in the contrary of the type Steve would have used in the past.
These parts are now casted in a very strong resin that hopefully prevent the at-st legs from warping or giving way under the weight of the cockpit over time.
I hope Steve has delivered all the owned stuff by now so we can turn this black page of modelling history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back