Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought them on ebay years ago. that means he had the ties but still get nothing.
I thought I can get them sooner or later. but ***** what a waiting list!!!!!
Do I have a chance to get them until the day I die?

Yeah two wrongs, dont make a right. Calling his place of work is a bit extreme and childish to say the least.

Lee
Telling people he is going to ship their stuff, and he never does.
What's childish here?

Should people just put up with this behavior?

I think people have very little recourse. He is bringing it on himself, you can only play this game so long before it gets you.

I'm owed stuff from him through a deal made with a another Gk'er.
I saw him selling the item I was waiting for, even called the GK'er to inquire what's going on. He told me none of his customers saw their stuff, Steve reneged on the deal. The Gk'er tried to get his stuff back, of course Steve no longer answers his phone, or bothers to return calls. That's not the behavior of somebody with good intentions. It's somebody taking advantage of others.

There is something else here, it would be one thing if these models were cheap. But they are not, they range from a couple hundred bucks, to over a grand. How would you guys like to put up that kind of money and never see your stuff. Some of these guys put it on credit cards, how happy are you going to be paying interest on something you never received.

So why does that need to involve his place of work?
Hence...... Silly and childish.

Lee
The only reason it involves his place of work is because he is a police officer and he is breaking the law. If he was not a police officer, the police or law enforcement should still be involved because he is taking money and not delivering products. I call that breaking the law/stealing/fraud.

Hey guys,

I personally have seen complaints being raised in public about Steve and his deliveries in the past, but couldn´t find any "official" complaints about this. I can only assume that people were very patient and didn´t feel the need to go any official route.

That being said, we just received one complaint, so the majority of you guys seems to be complaining here "inofficially", i.e. not reporting. That´s okay, of course.

We´ll have to do the standard routine here, then, I can´t remember if this has been done before.

Someone please compile a list of who is owed what, we´ll send Steve a request to chime in again and then I hope we´ll come to a solution in a timely fashion.

Since the above is how things should be attempted to be solved on The RPF, please refrain from making suggestions that may be against the law, posting personal information or making all-out threats. If the standard problem solving routine fails, a member will usually be banned and then the floodgates for legal action etc. of course can be opened.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

Last edited:
The only reason it involves his place of work is because he is a police officer and he is breaking the law. If he was not a police officer, the police or law enforcement should still be involved because he is taking money and not delivering products. I call that breaking the law/stealing/fraud.

Yep he sure is Max, and if the guy delivered bread that same rule would apply, its pointless to go guns ablaze at the guys place of work, because, instead of any possible resolve in customers getting product......you then have a guy without a job, which means no money, which means no rubber, no resin, not a pot to p*ss in basically...get my drift :rolleyes

I hope all you guys get what is owed, i really do, ive been in that boat, but Steve came through, and has done a few times from my own experience.

Let the RPF handle this, they do know there onions here, rather than take matters into your own hands, and make the situation worse.

Good luck all, im outta here, Steve, hope things swing your way soon bro!

lee

Call the Captain of his police unit and explain the situation. Explain his business practices, show emails/paper trails and talk to internal affairs. While most police officers believe they are untouchable because of their position , you can rattle the cages a bit.

If the response is not good enough then find his local newspaper and give them call. Newspapers enjoy a good scandal .While not directly related , he still has to keep a certain level of professionalism even out of uniform.

I have a feeling if you " reached out and touched" someone like this ; Emails, kits , pieces would start flying out of his home.

I have to agree with Lee and others that suggestions like these are way out of line. In fact, I know from experience that guys have been banned from this forum for messing with other members in "real life."

Having said that, feel like I need to qualify that I'm not defending Steve's business practices, such as they are. He's a big boy and he alone bears responsibility for the promises he's made and failed to keep. There are just too many guys I know who've come out on the short end of agreements made with Steve, and even though I'm one of them, I would never consider messing with the guy's livelihood.

BTW, for anyone who hasn't noticed, there are threads here that are ten years old and counting where you have Steve offering cool stuff, and then people lining up, and then one by one they start asking "Has anyone heard from Steve? He's not answering my messages." It seems as if this has been going on from day one. It seems like you're okay if you buy one of his kits and get in on some castings from his very first set of molds, just be very sure that he sent you everything. If you order a kit later in the game, well, good luck. If you send him reference for the promise of more reference, well, good luck. And if you're building a pattern for a model and Steve wants to make you a deal to kit it himself, well, RUN AWAY! I've lost count of the number of extremely sharp and talented guys who've been burned that way.

Hey guys,

I personally have seen complaints being raised in public about Steve and his deliveries in the past, but couldn´t find any "official" complaints about this. I can only assume that people were very patient and didn´t feel the need to go any official route.

That being said, we just received one complaint, so the majority of you guys seems to be complaining here "inofficially", i.e. not reporting. That´s okay, of course.

We´ll have to do the standard routine here, then, I can´t remember if this has been done before.

Someone please compile a list of who is owed what, we´ll send Steve a request to chime in again and then I hope we´ll come to a solution in a timely fashion.

Since the above is how things should be attempted to be solved on The RPF, please refrain from making suggestions that may be against the law, posting personal information or making all-out threats. If the standard problem solving routine fails, a member will usually be banned and then the floodgates for legal action etc. of course can be opened.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

Well i don't know about how to compile a list but i ordered a Y-Wing kit over 2 years ago and i saved all the e-mail from then.

You know i can understand what some of you guys are saying about not contacting Steve's work place but on the other hand what is a guy to do when his hard earn money is gone and have nonething to show for it . I think there's a law against that called stealling.

There are like 10 guys left on the outstanding list. Steve has not taken any new orders in about a year. He's continued to work a pretty lengthy backlog down to the remaining 10.........he's still working on it, has never stopped doing so. So why not kick him while he's down. That will help.

Dave

I bought a "boxed and ready to ship" Tie from Steve about a year and a half ago via eBay. First off I did get my kit and it is great. Steve was very quick to respond to my questions, the first of which was "are you Steve Niesen from the RPF?". I only waited 2 weeks for my kit, but I did have to threaten a paypal filing. I was angry as 450 plus shipping was payed as he said it was ready to go and I live within a few hours of him. I followed the eBay rules,payment within 24 hours, I wanted the same prompt delivery. Once he mailed it I got it in 24 hours.

You folks that have been waiting so long, I am sorry as I jumped ahead via eBay. I have a thread on the build here but felt weird that I got the kit while at the same time people were griping they couldn't get what they are owed. Shouldn't those kits sold on eBay have gone to those folks?

By all accounts Steve is a great guy with alot of skill and I don't want to bash him and I think a banning would be a huge loss, but folks need to get what is owed them while not screwing with his families livelihood. I am sure Steve ha the best of intentions but these kits are expensive ( at least for me) and you guys waiting for years are Saints.

Vaderdarth: now we actually know a number between just me and 100. Thanks.

Communication means a lot.

I'm with you Dave. I can personally vouch for the fact that work is being done to fullfill all orders. I see Steve a couple of times a month up in Wyoming. Takes me a couple of hours to drive up from Denver. I know for a fact Steve wants to make everything right with all you guys. Trust me when i say he realy does take this to heart.
I will say this, personal threats or wanting to call his place of work isn't going to get the kits out any faster.
I know you guys don't want to hear this but lets give the guy just a little more time and I promise things will all work out.

This is where transparency and communication would help - a whole lot. A whole lot of people have to go to enormous lengths to figure out what's happening when there seems to be no communication or organization.

I want to add that Steve has contacted me through email last night even before RPF staff was involved. Thanks Steve!

I hope your right primetime21 and like i said earler i know it must be a pain for steve with work and for his home front and to make time for doing these kits but lets not belittled what us guys have gone through paying our hard earn money and haveing to wait so long with nonething to show for it.

This is where transparency and communication would help - a whole lot. A whole lot of people have to go to enormous lengths to figure out what's happening when there seems to be no communication or organization.

I want to add that Steve has contacted me through email last night even before RPF staff was involved. Thanks Steve!

Man your lucky i wish Steve would contact me and let me know something about my kit.

Hey guys, Steve really is trying to make all this right as fast as possible. He told me today that he will come through make good on his obligations, even if he's banned. So don't worry about that. He's a crappy production manager, no doubt about that, but we've been planning for 2 years that when this backlog is done, he's gonna totally alter the way things go in the future and that no money will exchange hands until product is boxed and ready to ship. The only way that will work is having a guy like myself be the go between. I won't take money until he ships product......period. Of course if he gets banned that will be that as I won't be able to offer his stuff anymore. For all those guys that have his fantastic quality kits in hand, it would be a true tragedy. People do get overlooked when life gets busy, but not on purpose. His email and his cell phone number are always gonna be the best way to get him. Keep trying or go thru me, I'll get the message out if you aren't having luck getting thru. You have my word.

Dave :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back