Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Keeping with the BSG theme, here's another Colonial Sidearm. This time the base is a Nerf Flash Blast. I removed the filler cap and replaced it with half of a 99p Store window alarm. Frakk Those Toasters!!!!!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 237
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 287
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 180
  • Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 231
I always forget about this thread, so I'm glad new posts appeared :)

Badsprout - BSG BSG! I've never seen that flashblast blaster, but it's perfect for that. Nice job!

stickweed - I am in love with that mod... because EPIC SPLOSIONS!

Borderlands FTW...

borderlands-claptrap-nerf-mod-vortex-proton-nerfenstein-510.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

@Badsprout - BSG BSG! I've never seen that flashblast blaster, but it's perfect for that. Nice job!

@stickweed - I am in love with that mod... because EPIC SPLOSIONS!

Borderlands FTW...

View attachment 233457

Thanks Nerfenstein. I've been following your blog for a while and I'm well chuffed that you like it. BTW, the Flash Blast has only just arrived in the UK, so maybe it'll eventually find it's way to Oz.
:cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the not posting the pictures, Iv'e been swamped with work, But i have good news! The Clone Trooper Pistol Is Finished! As well as the blade runner pistol, I will Edit this post with pictures soon, I promise, The other reason i hadn't been in a rush to post pictures because i didn't figure anyone cared. Thanks!

Update: Pictures are taken but are not uploading! grr!!!!

Last edited:
my shot at a nerf mod, made a elite rapidstrike into a TORGUE TORPEDO!!! BECAUSE EXPLOSIONS!!
View attachment 233434

Excellent job! I love the cel-shaded effect and body work is very nice!

Keeping with the BSG theme, here's another Colonial Sidearm. This time the base is a Nerf Flash Blast. I removed the filler cap and replaced it with half of a 99p Store window alarm. Frakk Those Toasters!!!!!!

I really like the look, Badsprout! Nice job covering up the fill hole :) How's the paint doing on the plastic? The stuff they use for the Supersoakers was always a real bear to prep so that the paint didn't come off in chunks.

Sorry for the not posting the pictures, Iv'e been swamped with work, But i have good news! The Clone Trooper Pistol Is Finished! As well as the blade runner pistol, I will Edit this post with pictures tomorrow, I promise, The other reason i hadn't been in a rush to post pictures because i didn't figure anyone cared. Thanks!

We always care, VR, we just can't always respond right away :) Always post when you're ready and have something to share!

Borderlands FTW...

View attachment 233457

So cute! Very nicely done! I hope this gets to sit next to the R2D2 Maverick! :)

Excellent job! I love the cel-shaded effect and body work is very nice!

I really like the look, Badsprout! Nice job covering up the fill hole :) How's the paint doing on the plastic? The stuff they use for the Supersoakers was always a real bear to prep so that the paint didn't come off in chunks.

We always care, VR, we just can't always respond right away :) Always post when you're ready and have something to share!

So cute! Very nicely done! I hope this gets to sit next to the R2D2 Maverick! :)

Thanks Brian. I know what you mean, the soft orange plastic doesn't like paint at all. On this one, though, I cut most of it away to make the launcher, and the remaining I coloured in with a black sharpie pen before painting which means that it won't show up glaringly orange if the paint flakes - at least that's what I'm hoping!

Well, I figure I would show my attempt at a Nerf Prop that I finished today. But before the pics, there is nothing original about it and any and all credit for the idea goes to Nerfenstein, who I shamelessly ripped off. The gun still shoots darts with or without the suppressor attached.

20130919_161130.jpg

Again, the design and the removable suppressor was all Nerfenstein's.

Attachments

• 20130919_161130.jpg
    20130919_161130.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 148

You know, every time I've seen one of those at Toys 'R' Us or Wal-Mart, I kept thinking, "That looks a lot like the BSG service pistol." You've definitely make it look the part. :)

You know, every time I've seen one of those at Toys 'R' Us or Wal-Mart, I kept thinking, "That looks a lot like the BSG service pistol." You've definitely make it look the part. :)

Great minds think alike, methinks. :cheers

I wonder if the Nerf person who designed it thought the same? I get the impression that the recent Nerf releases have been designed with modding/customising definitely in mind.

Badsprout

Well, I figure I would show my attempt at a Nerf Prop that I finished today. But before the pics, there is nothing original about it and any and all credit for the idea goes to Nerfenstein, who I shamelessly ripped off. The gun still shoots darts with or without the suppressor attached.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAB30/I7BMj2dLemk/s800/20130919_161130.jpg

Again, the design and the removable suppressor was all Nerfenstein's.

That's far to good to be just an attempt, so give yourself a pat on the back. Is that a real scope?

What thickness of styrene does everyone use on these? I just picked up a Stryfe semi auto that I need to mod a bit, I am making a Starlord gun from the current comic run.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

What thickness of styrene does everyone use on these? I just picked up a Stryfe semi auto that I need to mod a bit, I am making a Starlord gun from the current comic run.

I use everything and anything available. PVC board is also good to use in a lot of situations. Make sure to post your results when you're done with the build!

Here's a couple projects I finished today. Sorry to not have more, but non-Nerf projects have been taking up a lot of my time here lately and I figure I better stick to proper subject matter on here, hehe

Mass Effect Pistol 1.jpgIMG_0987.JPG

and some WIPs :)

IMG_0973.JPGIMG_0971.JPG

I think I replied to the wrong post, sorry. I was referring to the aliens pulse rifle build, it looks really good so I thought I could replicate it in styrene.

I think I replied to the wrong post, sorry. I was referring to the aliens pulse rifle build, it looks really good so I thought I could replicate it in styrene.

It was made from mostly styrene so you could certainly replicate it with a bit of time and effort! Good luck on the project!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back