Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Anyone planning a paint mod to this Guardians of the Galaxy Nerf Quad Blaster?

Toy+Fair+2014+Hasbro+Guardians+of+the+Galaxy+Official+33.jpg
Toy+Fair+2014+Hasbro+Guardians+of+the+Galaxy+Official+34.jpg

Hey guys! Glad to see some really quality discussions and projects. That is so great to see. I've been working on a lot of stuff here lately, I hope to be sharing the mound of photos that have piled up in my absence.

Here was my table at the Gulf Coast Makers Fair, earlier today. Everything survived! I'll get better shots of the nerf tomorrow!

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 411
Nice job on your guns, agree on the technique, same way I do it. Small brush, dip in silver paint, rub 99% off, hit edges. I learned from Brian, gotta be the best guy around here at it.

Thanks a lot, man. I'm seeing all these nice comments and I had to say thanks. You guys do a great job and I glad to have helped in any way.

My first of hopefully many contributions to this thread, embarking on a project to make at least one gun from every Borderlands 2 manufacturer. This is m custom Torgue shotgun for my Krieg costume made from a Sledgefire with a pinpoint sight.
T1.jpegT2.jpeg

DSCN0343.JPG
Here is Adam Baldwin with my 2nd rate attempt of a Nerf Vera at this weekends FanX Comicon in Salt Lake City. I went as Jayne and got lots of positive feedback from him and others at the con. He asked for it and started to check it out and then asked if I wanted a picture. How could I possibly say no!061772-P42W.JPG

Been a lurker for a while. Finally found a longshot and a longstrike barrel, looking to make a sniper rifle and just have one probably more to come but how do you make the flash muzzle at the end of the barrel? sorry if this has been answered before.

One I made for a friend's son. Going for the 'post apocalyptic, zombies have taken over the world, battered/used' look ..

Attachments

• DSC_0099.JPG
    DSC_0099.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC_0101.JPG
    DSC_0101.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 355
  • DSC_0103.JPG
    DSC_0103.JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 243
I finished a couple of Borderlands conversions.

Shotgun version of an "Unkempt Harold"
14156785716_6e0cf8a661_z.jpg

Buzzbee "Belt Blaster" converted to a "Practicable Conference Call"
14179962255_98fd77fecb_z.jpg

I picked up a Nerf gun at our annual neighborhood garage sale.

First time attempting a repaint and I'm pleased. Done with rattle can black and silver, hit the black with steel wool and finished the silver with several black washes. I sanded most of the text off, leaving just the Nerf logo.

14383918765_69878ff185_c.jpg

14197287009_5111d2f169_c.jpg

14382503832_0aea83eede_c.jpg

14197288639_e814d2750f_c.jpg

Have to say, this is probably my favorite thread on here. I've done two custom guns so far, a Steampunk version of Han Solo's blaster and a generic Steampunk laser gun (made from an old Nerf blaster, not sure what the model name is but it came with an electronic target):
steampunk_pistol_by_timeywimey_007-d7doze2.jpg
steampunk_han_solo_blaster_finished_by_timeywimey_007-d7hr4x0.jpg
I'm planning to make approximations of the Blade Runner blaster, Mal's gun from Firefly, and Vash's gun from Trigun in the future (hopefully all this summer). They definitely won't be perfect replicas, since they'll be put together from parts of whatever toy guns I can find for low enough prices that have sections resembling the actual guns, but I'll make sure they look cool and they should be close enough for cosplay.

Also, spacejunkie8411, your Vera is beautiful.

Awesome job on the steam punk Solo blaster. I have an old mauser plastic bb gun that looks like the base for yours. I might have to get it out and start messing with it now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What kind of toy gun is that? It looks very similar to an old model Smith and Wesson Automatic and I'd love to get one. Any idea where I can pick one up?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back