Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Great, now I've got way more Nerf guns. This includes another Recon CS6 (it works, the slide isn't stuck like the other one. It has the extended barrel and is missing the shoulder like the previous one), a Retaliator, two Maverick Rev-6s (one yellow, one blue), a Nerf Finder EX-10 and a Switch Shot Ex-3. All of them work.

Another day, another attempt at a Nerf Gun Prop, but this time I am stealing from Badsprout,

Found the Nerf Watergun on clearance and bought a couple and finished painting it today.

20130923_142838.jpg

I used what could have been the same alarm, but a different part on mine.

20130923_143513.jpg

And when getting parts found some lights at the dollar store to put in the dart holder on my first Nerf gun

20130923_143839.jpg

Another day, another attempt at a Nerf Gun Prop, but this time I am stealing from Badsprout,

Found the Nerf Watergun on clearance and bought a couple and finished painting it today.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAB4I/YV3YgFqO9hM/s800/20130923_142838.jpg

I used what could have been the same alarm, but a different part on mine.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAB4Q/RA5c60xxYdU/s800/20130923_143513.jpg

And when getting parts found some lights at the dollar store to put in the dart holder on my first Nerf gun

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAB4Y/6vv_gJeT9Ic/s800/20130923_143839.jpg

Nice :thumbsup It looks exactly like the alarm I used:

Attachments

• Alarm.jpg
    Alarm.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 218
This was my first attempt at painting a Nerf gun. I picked the Buzzbee off brand just because this was my first attempt and I didn't want to ruin a perfectly good Nerf gun. This is a Buzzbee Rogue. I am new at this so any suggestions would be helpful.

rsz_20130921_211630.jpg

rsz_20130829_203852.jpg

Last edited:
everything here is appreciated... no worries!

question.. is it supposed to be textured?

if not.. it may be a result of shooting/spraying a bit too far away from the gun/piece. :)

This was my first attempt at painting a Nerf gun. I picked the Buzzbee off brand just because this was my first attempt and I didn't want to ruin a perfectly good Nerf gun. This is a Buzzbee Rogue. I am new at this so any suggestions would be helpful.

You did a nice job just be aware that the texture paint tends to scrape off where you have the cocking handle. It looks really clean in this photo so I hope you're nox experiencing that issue. Keep up the good work :)

slightly off/on topic..

(wrapping up that electronics package, for that Woodchuck DC-17 blaster...... or any Nerf gun that would need a counter and bargraph) ;)

DC-17_RC1_final - YouTube

if only I could put these in some JA painted guns... and do the them justice.. (I feel sad when I put these electronics in guns I painted!) :p LOL

Hello! Just finished some projects, here are some pics.
sci fi props 003.JPGsci fi props 005.JPGsci fi props 006.JPGsci fi props 009.JPG
The first three photos are of my nerf longshot converted to a halo br55, it's not a replica but pretty close i think. The second is a laser tag blaster that i removed the sensor dome and painted gloss black and flat black, it still works too.

Attachments

• sci fi props 002.JPG
    sci fi props 002.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 300
  • sci fi props 008.JPG
    sci fi props 008.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 269
  • sci fi props 004.JPG
    sci fi props 004.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 252
  • sci fi props 010.JPG
    sci fi props 010.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 231
Hello! Just finished some projects, hereare some pics.
View attachment 239500View attachment 239506View attachment 239501View attachment 239503
The first three photos are of my nerf longshot converted to a halo br55, it's not a replica but pretty close i think. The second is a laser tag blaster that i removed the sensor dome and painted gloss black and flat black, it still works too.

Ooh I like both of those, but that longshot mod is off the chart slick. Some of the cleanest lines in a mod I've seen, it looks like it came out of the box that way. Outstanding work buddy :thumbsup

Very nice work! Is there any chance of better photos? I'd love to see the BR with more detail, thanks!

Hello! Just finished some projects, here are some pics.
View attachment 239500View attachment 239506View attachment 239501View attachment 239503

Here's a few cellphone camera photos of couple projects I'm working on. The first is a Halo SAW inspired Rapidstrike (with a centurion bipod on for S&G) and the second one is fashioned after the Longshot sniper rifle in Gears of War. They each have a decent amount of work done already, but there's still plenty to do before they're done. :)

Centurion Longshot.jpg

Halo SAW WIP 1.jpg

Here's also a shot of the District 9 themed Diatron with the decals added. I may add a bit more since it wasn't a commission, but I'm pretty happy with it as-is.

District 9 Diatron 3.jpg

I'm always here, bud! haha Ok, maybe not as much with a new marketing job on the horizon, but I promise it won't mean the end to JA Props. Heck, it might even help with getting the word out there more which would be nice for anyone getting into the prop making business :)

And those electronics look awesome!

slightly off/on topic..

(wrapping up that electronics package, for that Woodchuck DC-17 blaster...... or any Nerf gun that would need a counter and bargraph) ;)

DC-17_RC1_final - YouTube

if only I could put these in some JA painted guns... and do the them justice.. (I feel sad when I put these electronics in guns I painted!) :p LOL

Here's a couple finished up nerf props - the Heavy Bolter was a long WIP, but it's finally done and shipped out today :) The second one is a Borderlands themed Alpha Trooper that I finished up on as well. It will be seeing some use with a cosplay at the NYCC by a buddy of mine going as Salvador the Gunzerker, hehe

Heavy Bolter Finished.jpg

IMG_1015.JPG

Anyone have an idea as to why the thumbnails don't seem to be appearing? I don't think I've made any changes and the photo uploads use to show a small photo as recently as just a few posts ago. Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back