Nerf Gun Props? YES!

For you guys that mod Nerfs, I'm looking at buying an air eraser(sand blaster) for stripping my guns before painting. Any of you have experience using one of those stripping your guns?

I have one, but I'm back to hand sanding as to be fully cost effective it needs a booth of some kind, or the powder will be gone in seconds. On top of that, the aluminium oxide can lead to brain damage if a full face mask isn't used. Still, the exorcise is good for me :lol

I have one, but I'm back to hand sanding as to be fully cost effective it needs a booth of some kind, or the powder will be gone in seconds. On top of that, the aluminium oxide can lead to brain damage if a full face mask isn't used. Still, the exorcise is good for me :lol

You can re-use the powder? Would my fiber glassing filter suffice?

Do you do anything with the stampede? I have done the AR, voltage, spring, took out all the safeties and whatnot it is crazy fast now but I want to paint it up, any chance we can work something out where I ship it to you and we come up with a cool theme?

For you guys that mod Nerfs, I'm looking at buying an air eraser(sand blaster) for stripping my guns before painting. Any of you have experience using one of those stripping your guns?

Not I, I just use a good old piece of 150-180 grit sandpaper. And a palm sander for logos. Honestly, it takes about 5-10 minutes, depending on the gun.

I'm thinking of turning nerf gun sanding into a household chore, and assigning it to my rugrats :love

Do you do anything with the stampede? I have done the AR, voltage, spring, took out all the safeties and whatnot it is crazy fast now but I want to paint it up, any chance we can work something out where I ship it to you and we come up with a cool theme?

Hey Scornell, who were you directing your question to? Thanks bud!

Hey Brian! I hope you are doing great! I have a question. I seem to be getting fish eyes when I paint, no matter what I wipe the blasted parts with! What do you use to wipe these parts down, pre painting, to get rid of the lubricants Nerf seems to have coated these guns with!
Thanks!
M

There is some really cool stuff coming out, interesting to see how Hasbro is looking at the mod community to find improvements. That Vortex 360 is on my list.

Man they get better n better :cool

I'm really diggin the Diatrons at the moment and I can't wait to get my hands on one, but I got a couple Nerf mods in the pipeline, and one I'm working on at the moment to do first.

Oh god those girly ones are hideous. Who says girl toys have to be pink & purple? Didn't we just have this conversation with the Easy Bake Oven?

-MJ

I actually thought that cross bow rifle thing looked cool, of course not the color but hey thats what modifications are for right;)
it be a cool van helsing mod

Sorry I guess to anyone doing things with nerf, I was wanting to know if anyone took in guns and made themed them out.

I'm working on a Nerf based Pulse Rifle at the moment as a birthday present for my bro (inspired by JA, and another member of this forum by the name of Quest).

It'll have full working display with onboard sound, and an integrated battery pack and charging circuit to power the display module.

Once that PR is finished, I have a commision to trick out a stampede, D9 style for a collegue at work (going 22v with this one with all the trimmings, plus I got some small empty argon bottles from work that are perfect for the task, they'll add a little waight to it too), and two more PRs after that.

I'm rather liking the themed approach, it's a fair bit of work in some cases, but they don't half look good once finished. I'll post pics of the finished mods as soon as they're done :thumbsup

If your UK/Europe based, shoot me a PM :thumbsup

Hogleg Maverick:

finished.jpg

A quick mod and re-paint, for a Steampunker who doesn't hold with the "paint it brass and add random gears" approach.

Re: Re: Nerf Gun Props? YES!

I inherited a tabletop cabinet unit for sandblasting, from my mother. It runs off a very large air compressor. My mother, used to run a dental lab in our basement when I was growing up. It looks something like this:

eta3e7e6.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back