Nerf Gun Props? YES!

I hope to do a steam punk Iron Man one day! Any particular train model used?

The train I used was plastic model kit of Richard Trevithick's Penydarren, the worlds first steam locomotive.

Steampunking Iron Man should be cool, Cast Iron Man or Iron Gentleman perhaps?

Here's a couple thing's I'm working on. Nerf is pumping out some REAL cool new guns, here's a couple oldies (Stampede & Vigilon) and a couple new ones (Diatron & Roughcut 2x4)

2013-01-08213917_zps8157abd0.jpg

2013-01-15130627_zpscc782c81.jpg

2013-01-15130623_zps4559dc74.jpg

2013-01-15130635_zps77cf6d59.jpg

Holy cow!!!! Those last two KICK HOLY A** in a BIG way :eek

Is it me, or are they getting more tempting to mod by the minuet :love

Holy cow!!!! Those last two KICK HOLY A** in a BIG way :eek

Is it me, or are they getting more tempting to mod by the minuet :love

Ya, and the cool thing is they really do kick *****. They both shoot 2 darts, or discs, at a time. And the shotgun is an elite series, so they do 60-70 feet! And they were both under $20 each.

Here's my battle damaged Maverick with a few nicks and dents from being heavily used in many battles. I used two coats of flat black spray paint for the base, and dry brushed aluminium and copper over the top. I painted the screw detail in gold, then finished it with an acrylic spray clear coat.

maverick1.jpg

Here's my battle damaged Maverick with a few nicks and dents from being heavily used in many battles. I used two coats of flat black spray paint for the base, and dry brushed aluminium and copper over the top. I painted the screw detail in gold, then finished it with an acrylic spray clear coat.

maverick1.jpg

Nice work! I especially like the battle damage!:thumbsup

I've got a bunch torn apart and one sanded. Hopefully I'll have paint on them by this weekend, it's just so friggin' cold here!

I have done a few scale vector drawings though...

NerfMaverick-Vector-ScaleDrawing_zps1541cd42.jpg

NerfElement1-Vector-ScaleDrawing_zps18c456aa.jpg

NerfElement2-Vector-ScaleDrawing_zps0bba62a9.jpg

Thanks for lookin'...T

Help!
I've had this before a bit, but never to this extent.

This is a 2nd coat of silver (a brand I've used a lot) and it's "cracking" almost immediately when it hits the flat black primer coat. My thoughts are:

1) oils from my hand transferred to the gun when masking
2) was a bit cold out (but i've sprayed in the cold before with no issues)
3) why did the silver stick to rest of the gun well?
4)should the gun be wiped down before spraying? if so, what will clean the area without messing with the paint that's already on their?

Any advice is appreciated.

2013-01-17181433_zps577671e7.jpg

Sounds like a paint incompatibility
Areas where paint was sprayed on thin allowed the solvents to dry fast without serious issues. Areas where paint went on wet allowed solvents to eat into the under coat hence the crackling. In cars we sanded it off and repainted. Always best to test out paint compatabilies on scraps.

Sounds like a paint incompatibility
Areas where paint was sprayed on thin allowed the solvents to dry fast without serious issues. Areas where paint went on wet allowed solvents to eat into the under coat hence the crackling. In cars we sanded it off and repainted. Always best to test out paint compatabilies on scraps.

Hmmmmm...but these are the 2 main spray cans I use... My go to colors. But ya, I gotta sand it all off now :cry

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back