Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Small update, since I posted the "iron hei" pic in this topic, here is the "iron skull"

iron_skull.jpg

More Nerf stuff in the works (a major engineering project this time).

Small update, since I posted the "iron hei" pic in this topic, here is the "iron skull"

iron_skull.jpg

More Nerf stuff in the works (a major engineering project this time).

That looks very cool! I was thinking of something a bit like that for the General Grievous mask. Just too much to do for fun right now :) Looking forward to the new gun!

View attachment 70998

Halloween Guns. The Silenced / Extended mag one is going to get us arrested

Very nice job on those BZ!

Ok finally some more photos to share. As usual, time had to be spent working and not getting to play around on the computer last week. Here's a mixture of WIPs and also finished guns. The crappier photos are from the phone. I cannot wait to get the new 4S for the better camera alone :)

Long-barrel sniper rifle
IMG_7459.jpg

IMG_7453.jpg

IMG_7457.jpg

A couple props for a friend's little film project. No real closeups planned so I left the logos on there. Hey, I did the work for free! ;)
IMG_7462.jpg

IMG_7463.jpg

IMG_7464.jpg

Mini steampunk styled blaster
IMG_7450.jpg

IMG_3585.jpg

Green Hornet Gas Gun inspired colors on this X6
IMG_3616.jpg

and some assorted photos

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

more stuff coming, I hope you guys will continue to share your new stuff on here as well. I need stuff to look at too, dangit! :)

Last edited:
Which nerf gun is that terra nova gun. and what changes did you make to it?

That last post showed a Longshot without any visible mods. Looks like it was just painted black as a background gun. Still looks cool in that setting, right? Love that they made use of so many different Nerf guns in the show. Hope it has legs because it seems like it will be fun to watch :)

wow....JA killed it with all those. That Desert Sniper is clean, The Suit Case blaster reminds me of the gun from robocop. Nice paint on the pump grip. I need to win the Lotto

So this thread has really got me inspired so much so that this morning I went and trolled some goodwill stores. Found some nerf guns and was off. This is first attempt at painting anything so I know it is far from perfect. That being said I am happy with the results.

any tips or advice would be great. Also do you know where I could replacement screws? Some on the screws were pretty stripped down.
mail

Last edited:
So this thread has really got me inspired so much so that this morning I went and trolled some goodwill stores. Found some nerf guns and was off. This is first attempt at painting anything so I know it is far from perfect. That being said I am happy with the results.

any tips or advice would be great. Also do you know where I could replacement screws? Some on the screws were pretty stripped down.
mail

I'm not able to see the photo, sorry! Looks like a bad img link maybe? Glad it got you inspired and look forward to seeing the results!

@BlackZombie77 thank you and hurry with that lotto win, will ya?? Haha

one other thing, I found a bit of an unconventional gun.

photobit.jpg

not sure what if anything could be made of it.

Worked that time! Very nice job and that's a cool gun because it's not done as much. The other gun could have some potential, just know that the tube is awful for holding paint. Should look cool as a prop though!

Worked that time! Very nice job and that's a cool gun because it's not done as much. The other gun could have some potential, just know that the tube is awful for holding paint. Should look cool as a prop though!

You could always remove that tube and replace it with a piece of PVC piping of the same length and diameter, right?

Longshot sniper rifle (awaiting bipod stock for an actual rifle) Scope was a stand in..a bit more detailing and it's all done
IMG_7411.jpg

IMG_7412.jpg
Call me another worshiper at the altar of Johnson Arms!
This Longshot is a gorgeous piece and has made me change my mind of the direction I've been going on my custom of this. I've doing the desert scheme as more of an after-market/done in the field look. But the look of the body done up in metallics/black with only the shielding in tan looks quite nice to me.

We shall see...

Lots of nerf scouts in the works..some of these you'll see are not quite finished
IMG_7379.jpg

IMG_7381.jpg

IMG_7409.jpg

IMG_7407.jpg
The Scout design is so clean and perfect for military looks. Want to make multiples them in OD green (as is yours) annd others in desert camo. LOVE the laser warning (paint or decal?).

Just how many of the Scouts do you have?!

And where can I get a couple or three more? :rolleyes

Again, stellar work JA.

Last edited:
The Scout is now currently available in a 2-pack for $20 (in yellow N-Strike colors), but it is a Kmart exclusive, so you can only find it there (other than used ones or re-sellers on eBay).

Oh, and I have FOUR recons in pieces on the floor in my "workspace" (what most people call the "dining room"...). And while you have your Recon in pieces, check out this;

http://modworks.blogspot.com/2009/04/nerf-recon-mod-tagger-dart.html

It is a mod to allow you to shoot tagger/whistler darts from your Recon as well as the streamlines. Just for a little more versatility.

Thanks aestivalis for the info assistance :)

That blue on the scout was a bit of a custom blend, but it's maybe close to a sail blue UN stock form. Glad it was to your liking, Tack!

I'm also glad to hear you guys are tearing down some Nerf guns for modifying! I'm looking forward to seeing them in finished form :) Glad to have any of my paint jobs be used for inspiration, I certainly am influenced by different styles so it's nice to also be on the giving side. Have fun with em!

Brian

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back