Nerf Gun Props? YES!

If there are only a few guns or parts used, the info could cohabitate here as well as in a seperate thread. I'd be interested in adding a few terra Nova gun props to our display collection.

Just adding some of my mods. I've been modding for about 8 weeks and love it, it's a lot of fun.

BSG-nerf-pistol-blaster-01.jpg

Admiral Cain inspired blaster pistol.

nerf-cargo-vessel-mod-vigilon-02.jpg

Nerf Vigilon Cargo Ship - Cool as now it sits on a shelf without a stand lol.

nerf-vortex-proton-doctor-who-tribute-01.jpg

Doctor Who inspired Vortex Proton.

bladerunner-homage-nerf-proton-02.jpg

Blade Runner inspired Vortex Proton

buzz-bee-alien-tongue-mod-03.jpg

Buzz Bee pistol Alien homage.

Nerf-Maverick-R2D2-mod-Mav2D2-GirlyGamer-01-fin-mix.jpg

Mav2D2 Nerf Maverick R2D2 mod

I've got some tutorial type posts at my website along with other pictures / mods. I actually found this forum while doing Mav2D2 because I was looking for R2D2 blueprints. I know these aren't up to the general RPF standard.. but hope you like them.

Last edited:

Very interesting. Nice view of the Recon-based gun.

terranovanerf.jpg

That rectangular bit on the side covering the "NERF logo" looks like it could be a decorative doorbell of some sort. The not-scope over the barrel is definitely Nerf, or at least has the Nerf N-Strike railing on the top of it, but I can't tell what it originally was. Can anyone identify what blaster it came from?

That's a flashlight mounted up front under the muzzle, and they stuck another shoulder stock on the bottom to cover where the clip loaded. At a guess, the body has been extended forward with a spare slider thing. (Whatever you call the part you slide back to cock the mechanism.) You could get most of this build out of cannibalizing two Recons.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Nice view of the Recon-based gun.

terranovanerf.jpg

That rectangular bit on the side covering the "NERF logo" looks like it could be a decorative doorbell of some sort. The not-scope over the barrel is definitely Nerf, or at least has the Nerf N-Strike railing on the top of it, but I can't tell what it originally was. Can anyone identify what blaster it came from?

That's a flashlight mounted up front under the muzzle, and they stuck another shoulder stock on the bottom to cover where the clip loaded. At a guess, the body has been extended forward with a spare slider thing. (Whatever you call the part you slide back to cock the mechanism.) You could get most of this build out of cannibalizing two Recons.

That is the coolest thing, haha. I wonder who made them for the show...and why was I not given an interview?? :)

Just adding some of my mods. I've been modding for about 8 weeks and love it, it's a lot of fun.

Nerf-Maverick-R2D2-mod-Mav2D2-GirlyGamer-01-fin-mix.jpg

Mav2D2 Nerf Maverick R2D2 mod

I've got some tutorial type posts at my website along with other pictures / mods. I actually found this forum while doing Mav2D2 because I was looking for R2D2 blueprints. I know these aren't up to the general RPF standard.. but hope you like them.

Of all the people that I enjoy watching, Nerfenstein is at the top of my list right now. Just wonderful stuff! :)

Last edited:
That is the coolest thing, haha. I wonder who made them for the show...and why was I not given an interview?? :)

They obviously do not know you or other people on this board or else the paint jobs would have been waaaay cooler. They did a great build but compared to what you guys here have been doing, the paint job is sort of lackluster.

Looks like Nerf is the weaponry of choice in 85 million years ago, at least if Terra Nova is to be believed. Heroguy McBlandy's sidearm is a modified NiteFinder:

picture2pq.png

scaled.php
I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught the Nite Finder!
Makes me both happy and a little wigged out that I realized it in seconds.

And Nerf's been part of sci-fi since the Nerf Bow & Arrow showed up on ST:DS9!

The stock seems to be the butt plate of a Recon stock (mounted at a slight angle), but with a custom manufactured brace (since the Recon ones are flimsy and recognizable).

Let me re-phrase that... "based" off of a Recon stock. Looks like a considerable amount of resculpting was done. I'm guessing all the guns are castings.

Update to Nerf prop buying community: Found 1 Nerf Stampede at the Walmart in Foothill Ranch, CA for $25. Found a handful of the Nerf Supersoaker Thunderstorm for $5 each at the Walmart in Aliso Viejo, CA. Found a handful of the Supersoaker clips/magazines at the Walmart in Santa Ana, CA for $0.50 each. These items were still there as of Saturday afternoon. Good luck.

Last edited:
Pick up some Nerf guns today off of Craigslist.

@Johnsonarms
Tech question:
Do you pull a part the guns, prime/paint them, than reassemble? The way you have them hanging to dry on some of your shop images it looks like you paint them whole.

This thread has been very inspiring. Thank you everyone for posting such great projects.

Cheers,
Robert

I am awed by the skills with paint that I've seen on this thread. So far I've only ogled the photos. I'll go through and read it at some point soon. A little over a year ago I grabbed a nerf gun from the trunk, some paint from the garage and had an all-nighter with a friend. We blasted good tunes, painted our nerf guns and were ready for the zombies at dawn. Mostly I used spray paint and I can't wait to do something more advanced.

zombienerf1.jpg

zombienerfgun2.jpg

zombienerfgun.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back