Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Thanks! All I had to do was gut them, paint about 5 of the parts metallic green, remove the orange paint, Add a green tinted front barrel held in by compression, and then I added two of those $1 high power 9 led mini flashlights from Harbor Freight. The batteries lasted about 4-5 hours, and the guns were super bright at night.

Originally I painted all the intal parts metallic green, but the primer epically failed, when late rpainting them, I used some krylon sun yellow first, and then top coated that with the testor's metallic emerald green.

I was going to do the vulcan like batjeepster did as well, but its style didn't lend itself to the western theme.

Here are a few more WIP (no detailing yet). The Nite Finder barrel I made from PVC components. Also, since I gutted the LED sight, I made it so 2 more darts fit in the bottom of the grip (not shown).
TL-nite_finder_blaster.jpg

The Spectre has a fixed stock and I tightened up the silencer with some shims. I made the reflex sight from another Nerf sight (from the Longstrike) and some PVC parts.
TL-spectre_wip.jpg

Here are a few more WIP (no detailing yet). The Nite Finder barrel I made from PVC components. Also, since I gutted the LED sight, I made it so 2 more darts fit in the bottom of the grip (not shown).

The Spectre has a fixed stock and I tightened up the silencer with some shims. I made the reflex sight from another Nerf sight (from the Longstrike) and some PVC parts.

Very cool and very clean. I like them both a lot!

Oh man, the people I work with would love these! Horay Nerf! Awesome job!

Send them this way, would ya? :) Glad you found us!

Pure awesomeness! And I haven't even made it off the first page!

You're in for a lot of good stuff from the posters on here, bud. Seeya in a few weeks..hehe

A few photos before the rain started. The vucan is about 60% and the recon/longstrike was just used to try out the angled mag I'm making for the Vera gun. Looks pretty goood for a first try, I think :)

IMG_7253.jpg

IMG_7250.jpg

IMG_7236.jpg

IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

IMG_7248.jpg

IMG_7245.jpg

So I'm working on a Nerf version of an M4/M16/AR15 style rifle with suppressor. I just wanted some other opinions on whether the suppressor looks too long or should it maybe be further down the barrel?

S7001749.jpg

So I'm working on a Nerf version of an M4/M16/AR15 style rifle with suppressor. I just wanted some other opinions on whether the suppressor looks too long or should it maybe be further down the barrel?

S7001749.jpg

I like how that's looking! I think you could shorten and fatten the suppressor portion, but that's just a alternative to what looks like a cool mod already!

Thanks for the input guys. The supressor is actually quite a bit bigger than it looks in the picture, not sure why it dosen't show though. I think I'm going to move it back most of the way down the barrel as it looks better balanced that way.

Any updates on these JA??

The vortex had to take a back seat this past week, I had a ton of stuff to work on and very little time due to my OTHER job :) I'll be trying to work on them soon though, they look like great candidates for painting up!

and here's what I did get finished up and moved further along..well, some of it anyways!

Vera from Firefly almost done..
IMG_7305.jpg

IMG_7308.jpg

IMG_7298.jpg

IMG_7297.jpg

IMG_7295.jpg

IMG_7293.jpg

IMG_7300.jpg

IMG_7273-1.jpg

I have my kids this weekend so I'll get some more stuff up soon, but not in the next couple days :)

Just a thought.. has anyone considered putting together a definitive list of TV/Movie guns and the corresponding NERF guns that either were the base or can be modded to look like 'em?

For example, I'd love to reference it to find out what guns I should buy that would let me modify them into some Doctor Who or Torchwood pieces.

I have a question. I purchased the Buzzbee double barrel shotgun and the repeater-type one with the magazine. I spray painted the shotgun a gray-ish color and I sawed the barrel to make it shorter. Doe's anyone have an idea onto what I could do with the shotgun and repeater?

Just a thought.. has anyone considered putting together a definitive list of TV/Movie guns and the corresponding NERF guns that either were the base or can be modded to look like 'em?

For example, I'd love to reference it to find out what guns I should buy that would let me modify them into some Doctor Who or Torchwood pieces.

The gun from doctor who, at least a contributor, is the NERF Scout. You can tell by the butt of the handle. I don't know if anyone has made a list, but you'd think someone would have :)

The Hulk had a Titan made to look like a stinger missle and I think some of the guns from MIB were nerf guns as well :) Let me know if you find a good source!

I have a question. I purchased the Buzzbee double barrel shotgun and the repeater-type one with the magazine. I spray painted the shotgun a gray-ish color and I sawed the barrel to make it shorter. Doe's anyone have an idea onto what I could do with the shotgun and repeater?

I think Fallout 3 or anything to do with Zombies :)

Just a few more photos from the shop today. Finished the Vera gun, finally! ;)

Youtube professionalism at it's finest...ok, did it on the phone cam. Ick! Just a few more photos from the shop today. Finished the Vera gun, finally! ;)

Video of the guns in the photos: http://youtu.be/4or3wi7xmBg

IMG_7319.jpg

IMG_7313.jpg

IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! Vera looks great. And the others ain't too bad, either.

Did you get that vinyl dye you wanted? How'd that work out?

Alos, technical question: how close to the parts to be painted do you hold your spray cans?

-MJ

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back