Nerf Gun Props? YES!

7399-n-m95.jpg

7401-little-one-n-m95.jpg

Last edited:
A Nerf Vigilon arrived today from Urban Taggers - got after it with the quickness :) Here's some WIP photos from the stuff I started today!

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

I'll post more as I get further into the project. Still not 100% sure how I'm going to paint this one, but I think it's going to be a fun challenge :)

Thank you for the love...This is all I have but now that I have found this awesome webpage and seen everyone's inventions, I'm inspired and humbled at the same time.

That's a great idea! I have quite a few of them now and that should be one of the projects! Thank you
No problem. :)

Oh, and... I CALL DIBS!!!! ;)

What? It WAS my idea! Only fair that I should get one of the first ones made!!! :D

Ah, who am I kidding... I probably can't afford custom work of your caliber right now. But maybe some day. :unsure

Not for sale huh?

Hey, congrats on getting your mitts on a vortex blaster! I'm looking forward to picking them up when they hit the shelves 'round here.

No problem. :)

Oh, and... I CALL DIBS!!!! ;)

What? It WAS my idea! Only fair that I should get one of the first ones made!!! :D

Ah, who am I kidding... I probably can't afford custom work of your caliber right now. But maybe some day. :unsure

Ya never know! Send me a pm if you want more info, ok? I think you might be surprised compared to what I see some people paying :)

Thank you for the love...This is all I have but now that I have found this awesome webpage and seen everyone's inventions, I'm inspired and humbled at the same time.

Glad to hear that! You will always have a spot here to share, promise!
Not for sale huh?

Hey, congrats on getting your mitts on a vortex blaster! I'm looking forward to picking them up when they hit the shelves 'round here.

Haha, that was direct from Hasbro, it was given to Urban Taggers by a Rep and it was one of the first guns they made for a promotional display. We figured it was a good candidate for painting up :) Ya, I'm going to have a talk with friend who runs a local store. I better not say anything else except I might get a few more models sooner than 9-10-11 :)

More from Saturday's work. Whew...I think I need to take a nap. :)

IMG_7225.jpg

Vera WIP
IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_7223.jpg

Finished another Lanard X8
IMG_7221.jpg

IMG_7220.jpg

Lanard X6 WIP
IMG_7217.jpg

IMG_7216.jpg

One of my favorite squirt guns.
IMG_7218.jpg

IMG_7219.jpg

Hope you guys are having a good weekend!

Brian

Brian, your Iron Man mask got my gears turning (and I found them at Walmart for $1 each!!). So anyone familiar with the anime "Darker Than Black" will recognize my inspiration;

iron_hei.jpg

I will probably end up doing a "mecha-skull" mask for Halloween as well.

I also found the Vulcan ammo belts at Kmart & Walmart for $7 each, so I made the following bandolier out of two 25-link belts to hold my darts during games;

TL-ammo_belt_bandolier.jpg

It took a bit of work to link them, as they are not designed with that in mind. I love this thread!

Can you take apart the cartridges on those ammo belts to replace the strap in them? I need to swap the color out on one.

Brian, your Iron Man mask got my gears turning (and I found them at Walmart for $1 each!!). So anyone familiar with the anime "Darker Than Black" will recognize my inspiration;

iron_hei.jpg

I will probably end up doing a "mecha-skull" mask for Halloween as well.

I also found the Vulcan ammo belts at Kmart & Walmart for $7 each, so I made the following bandolier out of two 25-link belts to hold my darts during games;

It took a bit of work to link them, as they are not designed with that in mind. I love this thread!

Very clean job on the mask, I like it! That white looks cool :) Also, very nice job on the belts, I have a bunch of those and maybe I can use them for something useful like that :)

Can you take apart the cartridges on those ammo belts to replace the strap in them? I need to swap the color out on one.

I don't think you can, but maybe you can dye the fabric and not affect the plastic. Good luck tho and let us know how it goes!

Unfortunately, they are glued together. You CAN get them apart, but the effort involved (and the possibility of scrapping a link), is not worth the effort to do an entire belt. Also, the nylon webbing has holes melted in it to ensure each link maintains its position in the belt (so that is even MORE work if you choose that route). The belt itself is a single long belt, not individual smaller lengths of nylon. I am guessing you want a different color to know when you are almost "out"? I think painting portions of the last few links would probably be an easier task. Just a suggestion (although I am just guessing at the purpose...). If nothing else, you can always mask out the links and just spray the nylon with Krylon Fusion...

Drat. 8(

I have the clear green tru guns, and wanted the strap to be black for a green lantern getup. I might have to go the paint route. No way I can take the entire thing apart is any reasonable time, and replace the belt. I could just leave it in the ammo box, I suppose. (It has lights, and will not actually be fired.)

I added a shoulder strap to it as well, because those suckers do get heavy after a while!

Thanks at least for the info.. that saves me time trying to get one apart.

I just finished a western styled belt for two mavericks... man, those mavericks don't seem that large until you make a holster for them. The holsters are easily twice the size of a real holster! Pics once I get the guns completed.

Last edited:
I really love this thread. This is my first atempt on a nerf maverick. I will be using Nerf guns in an upcoming shortfilm I´m working on :)
nerf3.jpg

nerf2.jpg

nerf1.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back