Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Here's an actual airsoft G36. Yeah, the skull is kind of my trademark logo when people want it on a gun :)

IMG_4923.jpg

I haven't taken very many pics of the Nerf stuff I've done, but here's a few (I apologize ahead of time for the bad picture quality):
3927015011_6348a4ae2d.jpg

This was my first Mav, wasn't really thrilled with it, but I did find this great little cross with a skeleton climbing on it that fit perfectly on the slide.
3282007507_8ed1449434.jpg

3282010751_9294cbc5c4.jpg

This one has another part to it that I haven't done yet, a glass vial that slides into the hole on the top previously used for a ball hopper. I forget what the brand is, but there's an orange flavored energy drink that comes in a bottle with a great shape and it's perfectly sized to fit in that hole. If I can snap a picture of it sometime I'll post it.

Here's some shots of a couple cheapie toy handguns (with working slide action and sounds) that I started to do for Halloween. You can find them super cheap on Amazon, if anybody wants the model just shoot me a pm and I'll look it up.
00240541cog.png

I did the slides with this Krylon anodized metal paint that I am really enjoying so far. Gives it some great metal shading without all the hassle of painting a base color and then doing a wash over it. If you use it though make sure you shake the hell out of it first or it'll spray like glue.

I haven't taken very many pics of the Nerf stuff I've done, but here's a few (I apologize ahead of time for the bad picture quality):

This was my first Mav, wasn't really thrilled with it, but I did find this great little cross with a skeleton climbing on it that fit perfectly on the slide.

This one has another part to it that I haven't done yet, a glass vial that slides into the hole on the top previously used for a ball hopper. I forget what the brand is, but there's an orange flavored energy drink that comes in a bottle with a great shape and it's perfectly sized to fit in that hole. If I can snap a picture of it sometime I'll post it.

Here's some shots of a couple cheapie toy handguns (with working slide action and sounds) that I started to do for Halloween. You can find them super cheap on Amazon, if anybody wants the model just shoot me a pm and I'll look it up.
00240541cog.png

I did the slides with this Krylon anodized metal paint that I am really enjoying so far. Gives it some great metal shading without all the hassle of painting a base color and then doing a wash over it. If you use it though make sure you shake the hell out of it first or it'll spray like glue.

Really great job on those! Ya, the picture qualty isn't the best, but it's better than no pictures at all :)

These all look great!

I love this kind of prop creation. Nothing I saw in this thread couldn't be in a movie. Sand and or putty over the NERF marks and whamo, instant cool-*** movie guns. That's how I really began to love this stuff.

I am inspired now...hmmmm.....

Ken

Nice work guys! Here's a few I did...

Nerf Longshot carbine I made for a Terminator 4 Resistance costume.

Longshot002.jpg

Longshot003.jpg

A Mara Jade hold out pistol I made for my wife.

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

A Steampunk pistol I recently made.

Pistol009.jpg

Pistol011.jpg

These all look great!

I love this kind of prop creation. Nothing I saw in this thread couldn't be in a movie. Sand and or putty over the NERF marks and whamo, instant cool-*** movie guns. That's how I really began to love this stuff.

I am inspired now...hmmmm.....

Ken

Glad to hear it! Hope you'll post the photos of anything that results from it :)

Nice work guys! Here's a few I did...

Nerf Longshot carbine I made for a Terminator 4 Resistance costume.

A Mara Jade hold out pistol I made for my wife.

A Steampunk pistol I recently made.

Great stuff, man! I like all the little details. That's what I always work the most on is the last 5% of the build :) Post more if you have em!

Ok, let me try to find some more stuff not already seen..

IMG_5699.jpg

Might have seen this one without the scope and redpoint. I'll be distressing the all black bodies before it goes up for sale.

IMG_5517sm.jpg

Almost twins, with a few subtle differences

IMG_5506.jpg

Maverick with an airsoft tactical light mounted underneath

11-14-20106.jpg

Nerf Spectre. Love the suppressor and folding stock

IMG_5465Combo.jpg

Some weird gun that I hated. Painted it anyways and it actually came out cool in an alien kind of way

IMG_4799.jpg

Nerf Barrel Break

IMG_4659.jpg

Nerf Nite Finder

IMG_4209.jpg

One more Maverick...

More later and please keep posting your stuff if you have something to share! Thanks

Brian

I painted a nite-finder for my wife's Kaylee and a Longshot for a friend's Jayne costume several DragonCons back.

The only pictures I have (also lo-res phone) are of an old foam missile launcher (definitely not nerf)I modded for my Rebel Vanguard last year:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
I have the Nerf Longshot CS-6 (the big one...) and I'd be interested in getting it painted sometime... do you take commissions? Your work is very impressive!

I have the Nerf Longshot CS-6 (the big one...) and I'd be interested in getting it painted sometime... do you take commissions? Your work is very impressive!

For sure! Here's a first look at a total longshot that I just finished. I think it came out pretty cool, but man are they a lot of body to paint! :)

Send me a PM when you're ready to get the work done and we'll get things started. Thanks!

IMG_5745.jpg

Mas Guns!

IMG_5747.jpg

Opposite side of the Longshot. The wording is Latin, "Deus Ex Machina"

IMG_5765.jpg

Lighter got too close to mt paint table ;)

IMG_5771.jpg

Spec-Op Nerf Recon

IMG_5766.jpg

I also do some Steampunk stuff

IMG_5768.jpg

Nerf Maverick Steampunk Style - real leather grip

IMG_5779.jpg

A WIP - Districk 9 influences abound!

IMG_0842.jpg

Goofing around time

IMG_5714.jpg

Tommy 20 - Full auto ;)

BuzzbeeShotgun2.jpg

Buzz Bee Nerf Shotgun (the shells eject when you crack the gun open after firing

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back