Bleeding Edge Iron Man Build - CANCELLED

AGFRX7

Sr Member
Since the release of Invincible Iron Man #25 I've decided to build the Bleeding edge Iron man Armor. Also, since there are no pep files or anything based on this armor, I am going to be sculpting this from Chavant clay over a body cast of myself. I will be taking many pictures and video along the way so my work can't be mistaken as someone else work. and perhaps help others with their builds.

Here are the reference images I will be going off of and the statue I prepaid for (Shipping in March) to help with scale and depth.
38687_1485608014103_1050960061_31467561_1494442_n.jpg
37365_1436389463670_1050960061_31321218_4273452_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Bleeding Edge Iron Man Build

Here are the supplies I already purchased:
20 pounds of clay (gonna need 30 more)
162599_1650780903322_1050960061_31814452_4558257_n.jpg

For the the multiple LED lights across the body: Autozone had these lights pre-wired ready to go in individual housings.
164819_1650780703317_1050960061_31814451_1969456_n.jpg

Here is the upper half ready for resin. I'll be making the lower half next week. It has a pvc pipe spine and joints to make it easier to seperate when ready for mold making
166836_1690569338008_1050960061_31904678_4184083_n.jpg

And since the helmet has a different look to it (eyes, chin and nasal bridge), I'll be making a new one based on the finhead/dungbeetle pep file. In addition to that, making sure that there are more than enough photos taken to show progress of EVERY piece.

I saw that! Thank you! I got very excited thinking that it would be a sideshow sculpt but found out it was a private comission. I'll just be happy when I get my koto staue seeing that it's been delayed almost 6 months.:angry

This costume is being put on hold. My mother is going through radiation and chemo and my parents are having a hard time paying for it. So all my costuming money is going towards that. Also I'm acting as caregiver while I wrap up college so I will be very busy. If I make any progress I'll post, but I'm taking a break for a while. Family is what's truly important.

-CORRECTION- THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE PASSING OF MY MOTHER. I HAVE SINCE MOVED ON TO OTHER PROJECTS THAT I MAY POST AT A LATER DATE.

Last edited:

Awesome. Is this going to be a one-off, or are you going to make several for sale?

You got me psyched up to see more, but I truly understand your situation. Just remember the advances in cancer treatment are coming in leaps and bounds, there is always room for hope.
Best of luck to you.

Cancer is a hard thing to deal with. You're a good guy for helping your parents out.
This costume will be cool once it's done, and it's a nice change from all the Pep on the boards.

I am EXCEEDINGLY interested in seeing what you do with those gold portions. This armor has always struck me as impossible to make because of the "one piece" look of the whole thing. Rather than being sectioned off like the other armors it's level almost everywhere, which you would think would make it really hard to move in. Like for instance the way the repulsor on the hip is nested inside the upper hip piece. Gold catsuit with painted lines maybe? Maybe over top of an interior shell so that the gold portions are only recessed the thickness of the red armor above?

^^ that sounds like the way to go to me. a gold undersuit and then just build the red "armor" pieces and attach them. would look really cool and all the LEDs could be built into the armor. i really hope he is able to get back to this build

Ya I always thought the idea with this armor was for it to be almost liquid metal. Like it bends with him fluidly. Not necessarily actual liquid metal.

I wish I still lived in Arizona, but now I live in Arkansas otherwise I would love to help you with this.

Can't see build pics for some reason????
Trying to watch and learn all I can on these Ironman suits

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back