Walking Dead Sheriff Uniform

I've been sort of considering putting a WD Sheriff's outfit together as well.
Although, I'm thinking of maybe doing it as a Walker, like that kid Rick had to shoot in the pilot when he and Morgan were at the station.

Actually, maybe THIS outfit needs to be done as BOTH a before AND an after... :)

This isn't a 100% accurate reproduction of the WD sheriff badge by any means, but this is one that I've done as part of a costume, using readily available materials:

181585_10150090597591516_633241515_6342169_7348673_n.jpg

The badge body was a obsolete badge blank (Harris County Sheriff Dept out of interest) sprayed gold, with a commercially available Georgia State Seal in the centre and transfer letters. (Yes, they are a bit crooked- will have to go back and redo). Any suggestions on what to apply to the badge by way of varnish to make it shine. (or any suggestions on improvements at all).

Try a clear, high gloss spray acrylic. I like Krylon brand 'Crystal Clear'.

I may be in the minority here but I don't believe that the screen used badges have the Georgia State Seal in the center. Looking at the screen caps and publicity stills the center emblem of the badge looks like wings or something.

I wanted to add to the discussion of the collar pins. I've ordered two different sets, ones that somerset fox linked to and ones that I linked to. Here they are side by side on a collar:
DSC_5307.JPG

They are both the wrong size. I took several different screen shots of the collar pin from the show and took measurements of the pin on those. I compared that to the digital measurement of the collar and compared that to the measurements of my real-life collar. From that I've determined that the pin should be 3/4" (12/16") or 13/16". The pin on the left is 1.25" and the one on the right is about 5/8". I have not been able to source a eagle lapel pin that is the correct size.

Personally, I prefer the pin on the left even though it is a little over sized and that's what I'm going to use. Eventually, though, I hope I can find at least some 1" pins...

Last edited:
Hello guys,

I just registred myself because of this thread.

At first: I´m so jealous, I´m looking for this kind of uniform for months now...
Looks great :)

Just ordered some badges for my uniform...but still have problems with the pants. I will buy the shirt at qmuniforms.com, I think the color is the right one but still looking for this kind of pants!
Do you guys know where I can buy the brown pants with the pink tan stripes online?
That would be great :)

Great work Skruffy.

Greetings from germany

To my knowledge the pants are not available anywhere online. You can get the pants, I think, but nowhere I've seen will put the stripe on for you.

If you can't find anything locally, send me a PM and I can talk to my place about making you a pair.

I wanted to add to the discussion of the collar pins. I've ordered two different sets, ones that somerset fox linked to and ones that I linked to. Here they are side by side on a collar:
DSC_5307.JPG

They are both the wrong size. I took several different screen shots of the collar pin from the show and took measurements of the pin on those. I compared that to the digital measurement of the collar and compared that to the measurements of my real-life collar. From that I've determined that the pin should be 3/4" (12/16") or 13/16". The pin on the left is 1.25" and the one on the right is about 5/8". I have not been able to source a eagle lapel pin that is the correct size.

Personally, I prefer the pin on the left even though it is a little over sized and that's what I'm going to use. Eventually, though, I hope I can find at least some 1" pins...

Are his collar pins actually hat pins?
Military Officer Hat Badges
Check out CH-602 and CH-603.

Here's a great shot of the hat and badge. As you can clearly see in this picture, the badge most definitely does not have the Georgia State Seal in the center. It is a silver coin/disc with an eagle on it.

BadgeHat.jpg

Here's a great shot of the hat and badge. As you can clearly see in this picture, the badge most definitely does not have the Georgia State Seal in the center. It is a silver coin/disc with an eagle on it.

Dag nabit! thought I was being clever and all, finding how to get the centre seal for a Georgia police badge. Now to identify the actual seal. (BTW, this is where I got the Georgia seal from:

Badge Center Seals: Alabama Center Seal, Texas Center Seal, Utah Center Seal, Mississippi Center Seal, Arizona Center Seal, Oklahoma Center Seal, California Center Seal

TheMechanic, thank you for your tireless research into this! I think this definitely settles the debate on the badge. You were right. I was wrong. I'm married, so I'm well practiced at saying that... but I actually mean it this time :lol!

But... I still want to show off my costume which I got to wear this past weekend at a convention. Originally I wanted to recreate a Shane Walsh, but I got bit by the hero bug and decided to go for the main character, Rick Grimes. The reaction from people familiar with the source material was universally positive. My badges (which are actual Smith & Warren badges that came in the day before I left for the con) are not 100% accurate, but they still look darn good with the rest of the costume. I think my hat came out really well, and I managed to find a gun that is really close. The revolver he uses in the show is a 6" barrel Colt Python .357 Magnum. Since it's a bad idea to walk around a convention with a real sidearm, I opted for a prop version.

My friend Aideon is wearing his Walsh costume and using the shirt and hat that TheMechanic has offered in past runs, both of which are top notch.

1222929580_dsc_3452.jpg

1222928826_dsc_3450.jpg

1222930443_dsc_3458.jpg

Great job Stephen! Everything looks top notch.
It's great to see folks enjoying the hats, t-shirts & patches.
I'll be getting my shirt soon and hopefully knocking together a badge in the near future.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back