Help with Ironman Mark III helmet 3D file please

Starktech

can anyone help me out with finding a Mark III helmet 3D file? not the pep and unfold and such. im looking for a 3D file that could go into something like Solidworks. i would prefure it to not be NURBS (due to naked edge issues) but i understand that many of them maybe be nurbs cause the paper thin surface is all you need for Pepakura, i can add wall thickness myself. I would love to get the original model made by Sharkhead7854. i think his is very accurate.

Any help is very appreciated, im planning on doing something quite different with the file that could be.... awesome.

Thanks guys
Mark III 4 life!:cool

can anyone help me out with finding a Mark III helmet 3D file? not the pep and unfold and such. im looking for a 3D file that could go into something like Solidworks. i would prefure it to not be NURBS (due to naked edge issues) but i understand that many of them maybe be nurbs cause the paper thin surface is all you need for Pepakura, i can add wall thickness myself. I would love to get the original model made by Sharkhead7854. i think his is very accurate.

Any help is very appreciated, im planning on doing something quite different with the file that could be.... awesome.

Thanks guys
Mark III 4 life!:cool

if you have the file for sharkheads helmet you can open it in pepakura designer and export it as a .obj file then open it in your 3D program.

hope it helps
Kevin C.

Thanks but that won’t quite fill the need. The Pep file has been lowered substantially in surface quality for pep. exported from the original modeling program with a lower polygon count to keep the pep managable. Any one else have the file or know where i can get it or something? i really need the original smooth beautiful model

The low poly count is because thats how the helmet was modeled by sharkhead. You aren't going to find a helmet that will suit your needs from a pepakura file as they need to be a lower definition so that its possibly to work with using paper.

What exactly are you going to do with the file? CNC? 3d printing?

yeah i had said that right above, i figured it was modeled higher then simiplified when put into pep, then that simplified version would be the best i could extract from it. but if it was never modeled high then i cant get better.

But you hit the nail on the head, CNC. i recently came into access of a 5 axis CNC mill and im ready to break it in ;) Know where i can get this file?

no no no dont be silly.... just a helmet. lol. the cost of doing the whole suit would be insanity. i swear there is no foul play here though, i know guys get scared of recasters and such. im not making moulds and bs. i just one one for me.

o and halopepakura..... love the welder coment
Welders stay in heat

Last edited:
no no no dont be silly.... just a helmet. lol. the cost of doing the whole suit would be insanity. i swear there is no foul play here though, i know guys get scared of recasters and such. im not making moulds and bs. i just one one for me.

o and halopepakura..... love the welder coment
Welders stay in heat

what material are you making it out of?

to refine the model and make sure everything functions correctly ill make it out of a laminated block of MDF. then once i know it all works perfectly a block of billet aluminum :cool

So know where i can find this file please? im sure there will be a fair amount of work ill have to do to it to get it ready for CNC

Bimmer you and i discussed the low poly count earlier. i have this file already, i have peped it and all and found it to be one of the most accurate, thats why i wanted the orginal 3D file to it. i thought it would have been orginally modeled perfect then simplified by exporting it in a low polycount STL. but if thats how the original model looked then this wont work. i need a full resolution 3d file. Some thing with a smooth surface and very accurate. if its a nurbs render and thus paper thin i can work with it to add all the wall thicknesses and such. but i know i would never be good enough to make the whole thing myself. I need a really accurate outer surface to start with.

What else we got guys, please

I have seen sharkhead's posts and it seems to me, like you are probably thinking, that he has rendered full 3d images (non pep) for war machine and ironman (like the one in his profile pic). Have you tried PMing him about these files?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back