ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction

dimue

Hi all !!! this is the huge standing ADI Rod maquette cast from the real Movie Mold !!! only 3 casts excist.
2 in finished form (one broken) and my raw cast !!!
stands about 80cm tall !!! Not sure if i leave as is or finsih ???
regards
D.

Neither. You sell it to me for cheap. :)

Seriously, if you're not planning to finish it, I'd be interested in buying, though there is another member who is chasing one of these and could give you better money than I could. PM me if you want his details.

Where did you hear there were only three of these, though? I'm pretty sure there were more than three, unless this is a different cast...

This piece come from Mr. Fasano himself !!! he scripted Alien 3 and got the finished Maquette as a gift !!! sadly it was broken from earthquake and finally a bad transport to overseas exhibition !!!
he then got this last remaining cast from ADI/ Boss as replacement but never came to finishing it !!!
There exiists too a much more undetailed cast made for the lisenced 1:3 maquette that was made a decade ago from TwentycenturyFOX and still can be found in the Net !!! I do own one of these too as well as the 1:3 newborn maquette. Sideshow used parts of these too and remodeled missing sections !!!
luckily..this last complete legal copy its now mine !!!!LOL
thanks
D.

Woo! Nice. I missed the PiH bit in the title, d'oh.

It's certainly a nice piece with good provenance, then. To give a more serious answer to your question, don't leave it as is OR finish it...take moulds off it and sell some copies. I'd be your first customer. :D

Nice piece. Where did you get the queen that is on your props? Are these available? ;) I see some molds behind it...

Woo! Nice. I missed the PiH bit in the title, d'oh.

It's certainly a nice piece with good provenance, then. To give a more serious answer to your question, don't leave it as is OR finish it...take moulds off it and sell some copies. I'd be your first customer. :D

Last edited:
Is this different than the Burnett A3 maquette or are all these(ADI/Boss,burnett,sideshow) from the same molds?

I've seen different variations that all claim to be from the ADI molds,but some are in different posses.

Out of curiosity, are these solid molded pieces(not hollow) and what are they made of,polyresin?Did you get the tail with it.?

The close-up shot of the front of the head and the way the front teeth are set directly into the face without the lips/gumline. I haven't seen that before. Looks kind of weird. Am I missing something? (Hey, that question aside, what an AMAZING piece! So cool. Thanks for sharing.)

Something up with that head. Could this be one that wasn't used? Here's a pic of a Burnett

a32.jpg

Here's another burnett,customized.

2nv7bs4.jpg

2vxja6h.jpg

and another

2412tr4.jpg

iyhdfb.jpg

Then there is this incredible ADI cast reposed custom made by the same guy who also painted the Burnett one you posted.

2d7y161.jpg

and I believe Mr. Fasano with this cast,or maybe it's one of the rod puppets.

2iqzwgy.jpg

The close-up shot of the front of the head and the way the front teeth are set directly into the face without the lips/gumline. I haven't seen that before. Looks kind of weird. Am I missing something? (Hey, that question aside, what an AMAZING piece! So cool. Thanks for sharing.)

This is a picture of an actual A3 production head.It has more of a petruding lower jaw than the auction head and it has the teeth set directly in to head without the lips/gumline.

6dqutw.jpg

Here's another

2vngfpz.jpg

The auction head looks a little different

2ivdukw.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, the gumline is added along with the clear dome - so it's absence wouldn't mean much.

Drudge, if there was a side view of the auction head we'd be able to comment on your assertion regarding the protruding lower jaw, but without one I can only say 'it looks about the same to me in 3/4'. :)

Were you involved in the production?

Clutch, yeah, that last was one of the rod puppets.

Just a note, the OP hasn't posted here since January. I don't get the impression he's interested in making casts available.

Lord I want one of these. :\

Here's a couple head shots of my casting. Yeah. No tongue. Always wanted one. Don't know where this casting originated from... bought it from a guy who
painted this as a portfolio sample to try and get a job in the biz. He used a paint that changes tint as the viewing angle changes.

Here's a couple head shots of my casting. Yeah. No tongue. Always wanted one. Don't know where this casting originated from... bought it from a guy who
painted this as a portfolio sample to try and get a job in the biz. He used a paint that changes tint as the viewing angle changes.

Nice!

The paint that changes tint at different angles is interesting.:thumbsup

It looks like one of the Burnett maquettes.Those all seem to have the same upright pose.All the pictures of the Burnett pieces I've seen don't have the space(holes) between tendons on the mouth that you can see through to the inside of the mouth.They are just a solid cast that's painted instead.All the pictures of the supposed ADI casts that I have seen do have the spaces in the tendons.

Do you know if it's made of fiberglass resin?

Last edited:
Thanks. The head lifts off along the neck. It's a creme colored resin. BTW, the photo of Fasano posing with his Alien rod puppet. The color scheme looks so much darker... grays instead of the lighter browns... is it just the lighting in the photo? Or do the rod puppets have a darker paint scheme?

Thanks. The head lifts off along the neck. It's a creme colored resin. BTW, the photo of Fasano posing with his Alien rod puppet. The color scheme looks so much darker... grays instead of the lighter browns... is it just the lighting in the photo? Or do the rod puppets have a darker paint scheme?

The rod puppet looks a little different in shots that I have seen. It's a combination of both lighting and paint.I don't know why the one he is holding looks more grey.

Here are pic's of the rod puppet when it was on display

s6liqf.jpg

30bgz9d.jpg

A picture from the Bandai A3 making of book

90aq13.jpg

Another combination of shots from the Bandai book

2z6dvs9.jpg

A production shot

2h5if69.jpg

And then one from the film

2ajnkap.jpg

Wow. Thanks! Yeah, it's the lighting, I guess. The new pics certainly sync up with other, more "almond brown" hued photos. I just sold that Bandai book a few months ago. Nice book! This rod puppet is absolutely GORGEOUS! The detail and the paint jobs are just astounding. Did the ALIEN ever look better in any other film? I'm not sure it did.

Wow. Thanks! Yeah, it's the lighting, I guess. The new pics certainly sync up with other, more "almond brown" hued photos. I just sold that Bandai book a few months ago. Nice book! This rod puppet is absolutely GORGEOUS! The detail and the paint jobs are just astounding. Did the ALIEN ever look better in any other film? I'm not sure it did.

I wish I would have known you had the Bandai book I would have made you an offer.I can't find that thing anywhere.

Yes,the rod puppet is awesome!The A3 alien is the best design in my opinion.

Hey arc60,

Do you know if your maquette has an inner skull?Does it have the clear dome that you can see the skull detail inside or is the head all one molded piece?

I don't think I've ever seen pictures of the Burnett maquette where I could see it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back