ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction

WOW!!!:love

That really is impressive!

It's interesting to see how different lighting conditions affect the overall look of the color.

Thank you SonOfPumpkinhead for taking the time to snap these pics.:cheers

I was going to say the very same thing. Even the shot of this same piece posted earlier looks much greyer than the shots I took.

Yeah, in other shots (like the Cinefex cover) it has more of a dark honey texture,but in the shots you took it looks more like the dark brown you see on film.It's all in the lighting!

Oh man...THANK YOU, SoP. I have never seen pictures of the complete piece previously. It's magnificent.

If *this* one ever comes up for sale, I want it...I want it baaaaad. :)

If they decided to part with that piece(which would be a shame:cry),It would probably be one of the priciest pieces they ever sold.

In this REELZ CHANNEL video,Alec Gillis says the replica of the A:R alien fullsize they have in the showroom is in the $60,000 to $80,000 range!

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem - UPDATE/EFFECTS (AVP2) - YouTube

I'd say the A3 piece would be a little less due to the damage to the tail and hand,but not by much,but who knows how much it could go for :confused.

cool, I met the apprentice of Stan Winston, he now owns an original helmet for one of the aliens from Aliens and a 1:1 scale statue of the original alien. He also owns multiple things from Jurassic park and other props from movies Stan Winston has done.

I remember falling in love with one of those Planet Hollywood aliens when I visited Hollywood. Thanks for the pics.

That's just a maquette. I BELIEVE it may have been made from the molds of the rod puppet but I feel like the rod puppet was a little bigger...

That statue looks like the design of the suit, not of the dog legged rod puppet but I'm not 100%... I'd have to check with Pops...

It should be the same size as the latex foam puppet.It looks smaller or larger depending on what's in the shot with it and the distance involved. It's difficult to judge size by pictures or video,unless of course you mean in person it seems smaller.You would be one of the lucky few to know that:love!

Everything that I've read or seen about the ADI maquette says that it should be an exact reproduction of the rod puppet,from the same molds, just in resin form and reposed with that "cat scratch" pose that it has.

The rod puppet looks a little different in shots that I have seen. It's a combination of both lighting and paint.I don't know why the one he is holding looks more grey.

A picture from the Bandai A3 making of book

90aq13.jpg

Another combination of shots from the Bandai book

2z6dvs9.jpg

Hi Drudge.
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Im trying to put together a comprehensive Alien films website - yeah I know theres already a few great alien sites out there - but Im really trying to make mine as insanely informative as possible.

I have the Alien 3 Bandai book, I've previously scanned all the pages, but obviously without busting the spine / cutting the pages there is no way to get a decent flat scan...

I was on the verge of cutting it the other day, scalpel in hand... when I chickened out and decided to have a good search on the internet to see if anyone had already cut theirs.

The images you posted are pretty damn good and look to be scans from a flat source? If you could provide me with any info regarding their origin it would be greatly appreciated. The Bandai book is one of my favourite Alien collection items and Im truly loathed to cut it up for scanning, but I may have to one day

Last edited:
Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't know who originally scanned those images and posted them on the web.They have been floating around for some time though.You may want to look through the archives of the Hive forum.I think it might have been one of those members that could have originally posted them.I can't remember exactly.

I wish there were more highly detailed pic's of the rod puppet from different angles available,I just love the design!

I'd love to have one of those Bandai A3 books,but I can never seem to get my hands on one!:cry

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't know who originally scanned those images and posted them on the web.They have been floating around for some time though.You may want to look through the archives of the Hive forum.I think it might have been one of those members that could have originally posted them.I can't remember exactly.

I wish there were more highly detailed pic's of the rod puppet from different angles available,I just love the design!

I'd love to have one of those Bandai A3 books,but I can never seem to get my hands on one!:cry

Hi Drudge.
Many thanks for the replay.
Im a member of the Hive forums so I'll have a scout around and see if I can find the original poster.

The Bandai book is a great resource, I highly recommend setting an ebay search for it. I saw one on the ebay.uk about two weeks ago with a reserve of around £30 if I remember correctly.

I paid £35 for it about 8 years ago at a comic fair at the Birmingham NEC and couldn't believe my luck. There are photos and artwork in there that I have never seen printed any where else and I consider myself a pretty die hard collector!

If I get anywhere with my investigations, I'll be sure to let you know asap.

Anyway, to contribute, I have a better quality pic than one previously posted in this thread.
a3SFXalienrodpuppet064.jpg

The Bandai book is a great resource, I highly recommend setting an ebay search for it. I saw one on the ebay.uk about two weeks ago with a reserve of around £30 if I remember correctly.

I paid £35 for it about 8 years ago at a comic fair at the Birmingham NEC and couldn't believe my luck. There are photos and artwork in there that I have never seen printed any where else and I consider myself a pretty die hard collector!

If I get anywhere with my investigations, I'll be sure to let you know asap.

Anyway, to contribute, I have a better quality pic than one previously posted in this thread.
a3SFXalienrodpuppet064.jpg

I bid on that book and someone snagged it from me.That's the second time that's happened:facepalm!

By all means,any new info or pics would be great! I'm always interested in any new A3 reference material:love.

Kinda wish I'd kept my second copy now. I'd be happy to cut up the un-sealed one for flat scans if I had.

I am the owner of this Custom paint ADI Burnett Dog Alien Maquette. I am curious if anyone knows who the artist is that did the repaint and what these things are worth today.Aliens all.jpg Collection18.JPG

Is it the one on the left of the first picture ?If so it is my sculpt and paint i believe from when i first saw Chris Hall's original,sculpted it not long after the film came out,if you have more photos i can confirm.
Bruce

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back