Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2005
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oct 4, 2011, 6:50 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #51

I walk by it every day... Never been sure about it though... I wasn't old enough to remember the rod puppet's size but this seems smaller...
  2. Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Apr 12, 2012, 7:05 AM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #52

[QUOTE=Drudge;1848555]The rod puppet looks a little different in shots that I have seen. It's a combination of both lighting and paint.I don't know why the one he is holding looks more grey.

A picture from the Bandai A3 making of book

Another combination of shots from the Bandai book

Hi Drudge.
    Long time lurker, first time poster.
    Im trying to put together a comprehensive Alien films website - yeah I know theres already a few great alien sites out there - but Im really trying to make mine as insanely informative as possible.

I have the Alien 3 Bandai book, I've previously scanned all the pages, but obviously without busting the spine / cutting the pages there is no way to get a decent flat scan...

I was on the verge of cutting it the other day, scalpel in hand... when I chickened out and decided to have a good search on the internet to see if anyone had already cut theirs.

The images you posted are pretty damn good and look to be scans from a flat source? If you could provide me with any info regarding their origin it would be greatly appreciated. The Bandai book is one of my favourite Alien collection items and Im truly loathed to cut it up for scanning, but I may have to one day
    Last edited by Pineapples101; Apr 12, 2012 at 7:08 AM. Reason: removal of hollywood display pics
    Apr 12, 2012, 5:26 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #53

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't know who originally scanned those images and posted them on the web.They have been floating around for some time though.You may want to look through the archives of the Hive forum.I think it might have been one of those members that could have originally posted them.I can't remember exactly.

I wish there were more highly detailed pic's of the rod puppet from different angles available,I just love the design!

I'd love to have one of those Bandai A3 books,but I can never seem to get my hands on one!
  4. Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Apr 12, 2012, 5:51 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #54

Drudge said: View Post
    Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't know who originally scanned those images and posted them on the web.They have been floating around for some time though.You may want to look through the archives of the Hive forum.I think it might have been one of those members that could have originally posted them.I can't remember exactly.

I wish there were more highly detailed pic's of the rod puppet from different angles available,I just love the design!

I'd love to have one of those Bandai A3 books,but I can never seem to get my hands on one!
    Hi Drudge.
    Many thanks for the replay.
    Im a member of the Hive forums so I'll have a scout around and see if I can find the original poster.

The Bandai book is a great resource, I highly recommend setting an ebay search for it. I saw one on the ebay.uk about two weeks ago with a reserve of around 30 if I remember correctly.

I paid 35 for it about 8 years ago at a comic fair at the Birmingham NEC and couldn't believe my luck. There are photos and artwork in there that I have never seen printed any where else and I consider myself a pretty die hard collector!

If I get anywhere with my investigations, I'll be sure to let you know asap.

Anyway, to contribute, I have a better quality pic than one previously posted in this thread.
    Apr 13, 2012, 6:11 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #55

Pineapples101 said: View Post

The Bandai book is a great resource, I highly recommend setting an ebay search for it. I saw one on the ebay.uk about two weeks ago with a reserve of around 30 if I remember correctly.

I paid 35 for it about 8 years ago at a comic fair at the Birmingham NEC and couldn't believe my luck. There are photos and artwork in there that I have never seen printed any where else and I consider myself a pretty die hard collector!

If I get anywhere with my investigations, I'll be sure to let you know asap.

Anyway, to contribute, I have a better quality pic than one previously posted in this thread.

I bid on that book and someone snagged it from me.That's the second time that's happened!

By all means,any new info or pics would be great! I'm always interested in any new A3 reference material.
  6. Chara limit is way too sm RPF Premium Member Nwerke's Avatar
    From
    'Straya, maaaate!
    Apr 13, 2012, 11:05 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #56

Kinda wish I'd kept my second copy now. I'd be happy to cut up the un-sealed one for flat scans if I had.
    Apr 14, 2012, 3:30 AM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #57

Sacrilege!!!
    Apr 14, 2012, 4:10 AM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #58

How much you want for that sealed copy?
    From
    Courtice Ontario Canada
    Jun 12, 2017, 4:56 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #59

I am the owner of this Custom paint ADI Burnett Dog Alien Maquette. I am curious if anyone knows who the artist is that did the repaint and what these things are worth today.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aliens all.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	749.0 KB 
ID:	735854 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Collection18.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	408.7 KB 
ID:	735855
    From
    Bruce Hansing England
    Jun 15, 2017, 1:18 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #60

Is it the one on the left of the first picture ?If so it is my sculpt and paint i believe from when i first saw Chris Hall's original,sculpted it not long after the film came out,if you have more photos i can confirm.
    Bruce
    Jun 17, 2017, 3:30 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #61

I've got one too. The stock paint is not bad but yours looks a lot better. I doubt I'll ever sell mine. Partially due to shipping it would be a pain.
    Jun 17, 2017, 4:19 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #62

hellsbellsboys said: View Post
    Is it the one on the left of the first picture ?If so it is my sculpt and paint i believe from when i first saw Chris Hall's original,sculpted it not long after the film came out,if you have more photos i can confirm.
    Bruce
    That looks like the Micheal Brunett Productions A3 1/3 scale maquette. It was cast from ADI's original molds.
    Jun 19, 2017, 2:57 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #63

It is the Burnett one. Hi Bruce, didn't realize that was you! We met at Chiller years and years ago!
    Jun 20, 2017, 2:59 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #64

Hi psimon,

maybe your Burnett is repainted by Larry Kidd???

Here is a pic of my Burnett Alien

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3091.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	375.8 KB 
ID:	737674
    From
    Courtice Ontario Canada
    Jun 20, 2017, 6:30 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #65

Yes it is the Brunett Productions A3 1/3 scale maquette repainted.
    Last edited by psimon; Jun 20, 2017 at 8:28 PM.
    From
    Bruce Hansing England
    Jun 21, 2017, 2:20 AM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #66

Yes my mistake,apologies.Hi Clutch,the Chiller shows were fantastic,are they still going ?I finished a full size Queen for a client a while back but she is a little too big to bring over the pond lol.
    Hope you are well
    Bruce
    From
    Courtice Ontario Canada
    Jul 20, 2017, 8:47 PM - Re: ADI /BOSS Film Alien 3 Rod Puppet Maquette raw cast from PiH auction #67

psimon said: View Post
    I am the owner of this Custom paint ADI Burnett Dog Alien Maquette. I am curious if anyone knows who the artist is that did the repaint and what these things are worth today.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aliens all.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	749.0 KB 
ID:	735854 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Collection18.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	408.7 KB 
ID:	735855
    So any idea what these ADI Alien 3 maquettes are worth and has anyone tried shipping one. There is no box and I am afraid of having it broken if I have to ship it. Would love to know what other people have done.