Han Solo (Harrison Ford) Original Production Test Photos

But they aren't 'test shots'. That is the backlot of Elstree. They were shooting
then. Look at the pieces of struck set.

Indeed, the Thirties semi's in the background are as British as fish & chips so that's Elstree alright. Weird to think all the best cinematic adventures were shot just down the road...
It's an extraordinary set- Ford looks in his element...

Yeah, but $3000 for a set of photos, each one about 1 inch by 1 1/2 inches seems a little pricey.

(Before anyone argues, they are shot on Kodak Tri-X 35mm film, and a contact sheet is just that... the film strips
are laid onto a piece of photo paper and glass is put on top to hold them flat. Light is shined through the negatives
and the paper is developed.)

Last edited:
Yeah, but $3000 for a set of photos, each one about 1 inch by 1 1/2 inches seems a little pricey.

(Before anyone argues, they are shot on Kodak Tri-X 35mm film, and a contact sheet is just that... the film strips
are laid onto a piece of photo paper and glass is put on top to hold them flat. Light is shined through the negatives
and the paper is developed.)

This is exactly how these are produced, still a nice sequence of shots, but not for 3k.

Yeah for that much I would hope that I would actually be receiving the negative film. Otherwise I'd say $20 is a reasonable price for tiny tiny filmstrip developed pix I can't display.

I know they're rare photos, but offer them in 8x10's or something substantial.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back