Sci-Fi movie search: Man loses his memory, can be programmed with whatever ability?

DaddyfromNaboo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey folks,

this one´s been buggin me for quite some time now.

I remember seeing a Sci-Fi movie as a kid where a man loses his memory but can be programmed with almost every possible ability. I do remember that it had a strong 1970ies look, but that´s about it. So, any ideas?

Re: Sci-Fi movie search: Man loses his memory, can be programmed with whatever abilit

Hey folks,

this one´s been buggin me for quite some time now.

I remember seeing a Sci-Fi movie as a kid where a man loses his memory but can be programmed with almost every possible ability. I do remember that it had a strong 1970ies look, but that´s about it. So, any ideas?

yep its was not a movie or maybe the one I am thinking of was a series who had the worlds intire sum of knowlage and a strange mark on his chest, I think it lasted two seasons and was called john doe

Re: Sci-Fi movie search: Man loses his memory, can be programmed with whatever abilit

yep its was not a movie or maybe the one I am thinking of was a series who had the worlds intire sum of knowlage and a strange mark on his chest, I think it lasted two seasons and was called john doe

No, I saw it in the 1980ies, and it very likely was a feature film. But the series looks interesting, thanks for mentioning it!

No, I saw it in the 1980ies, and it very likely was a feature film. But the series looks interesting, thanks for mentioning it!
no problems if you can remember any actor from the film try imdb.com

"The Terminal Man" maybe? It's from the mid-70s, and it's been a looooong time since I saw it. Seems it vaguely fits at least some of the description. Starred George Segal IIRC.

Jim

I saw a Night Gallery episode where a scientist found a guy who could mimic any disease. Tell him the symptoms and he would get them for real.

SPOILERS;

During this time he realized the guy was fooling around with his wife. But he ignored it for science.
So they decided to try death. Was it a disease? Since he would be 'dead' they arranged a series of thumps on his chest to reawaken him. They tried it and he died, but the thumps didn't waken him, and tried every other means but the guy was dead and was buried in the family crypt.
Months later he was going over his notes and realized he gave the wrong signal because he was jealous of him. His wife overheard, ran to the crypt, and gave the signal. The guy re-awoke after being dead for months and lived just long enough to strangle the scientist, leaving her insane.

The Terminal Man was the first thing I thought of as well.

Kevin

Sounds a little like an episode of the 1980's Twilight Zone series called "The Mind of Simon Foster". It's about a man who sells all his memories so they can be given to other people. The memories can be replaced with the memories/skills of others.

No hits yet :\ Bumping this oldie, since I just remembered this thread :p

Michael

Almost sounds like the Pretender but that's a bit too recent no?

best
Taz

So I'm guessing it wasn't The Terminal Man?

It was from Paramont's short lived network and it was called "John Doe".

Going out on a limb here but possibly Johnny Mnemonic with Keanu Reeves? It was made in the 90s but has an older look due to low budget production.

johnny-mnemonic-internet.jpg

mnemmonic_288x216.jpg

5.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back