First look: X-Men First Class group shot

Don't know x-man history that well, did Xavier go prematurely naturally bald or was there some event that caused it?

I don't know which version I got as a kid, but as his powers developed he went bald, so he would have lost his hair when he hit puberty.

Wow, that's a comic booky helmet!

The center piece goes down too low though. Looks like it's constantly gonna scrape the bridge of his nose.

attachment.php

Also couldn't they have secured it to his head better so it wouldn't wobble around when he moves? It would look much better in that photo if it was all cockeyed on his head.

The Original Movie Helmet was an interesting design. I still like it.

First X-Men Movie Helmet-
A little plain but cool.

magneto-helmet.jpg

X-men5.jpg

attachment.php

X-2 Helmet
ianmckellen0087yl5.jpg

X-3 Helmet-
I like the additional detailing and color.

magneto-movie.jpg

xmen3magneto.jpg

X300_039.jpg

I also really dug RacerMachX's version of the comic helmet that he produced last year.

magneto-helmet-wip-img_0008.jpg-16862d1255300834

img_6415.jpg

Last edited:
Also, looking at Mystique, I guess they are going to continue the same movie continuity?

For some reason I thought the First Class idea was a chance for them to start over.

Nick

Also, looking at Mystique, I guess they are going to continue the same movie continuity?

For some reason I thought the First Class idea was a chance for them to start over.

Nick

That is what most people thought as well, but then it was revealed that this will be in the same continuity with the first 3 movies. Who knows if it will tie into Wolverine though.

Wow, that's a comic booky helmet!

The center piece goes down too low though. Looks like it's constantly gonna scrape the bridge of his nose.

attachment.php

Also couldn't they have secured it to his head better so it wouldn't wobble around when he moves? It would look much better in that photo if it was all cockeyed on his head.

The Original Movie Helmet was an interesting design. I still like it.

First X-Men Movie Helmet-
A little plain but cool.

magneto-helmet.jpg

X-men5.jpg

attachment.php

X-3 Helmet-
I like the additional detailing and color.

magneto-movie.jpg

xmen3magneto.jpg

X300_039.jpg

I also really dug RacerMachX's version of the comic helmet that he produced last year.

magneto-helmet-wip-img_0008.jpg-16862d1255300834

img_6415.jpg

Wow. How come our guys aren't making these things for the real movies?! That comic version helmet is AWESOME.

It will be interesting to see how well an X-Men movie does without Hugh Jackmen (which I'm looking forward to since the first round of films was more like the X-Men guest-star in Wolverine's world).

And January Jones as Emma Frost? That alone is worth the price of admission.

That is what most people thought as well, but then it was revealed that this will be in the same continuity with the first 3 movies. Who knows if it will tie into Wolverine though.

They'd have to ignore Wolverine, Emma Frost was in it and meets Prof X at the end. Plus they saved Scott Summers, not Alex, so Havok is just a weird choice.

I can go for not having Iceman but not having Cyclops or Jean is just...weird.

Haha I must be the only one but I love new helmet more than one from X1-X3. Hopefully they show some of the dark side they started to at the end of Last Stand with Magneto. Less string pulling and manipulating and just out right destruction.

I forgot about the design change from X1 to the version in X3. I like both of them... the sheer simplicity of the X1 version appeals to my love of sleek streamlined designs but the X3 version is very nice too.

Definitely don't care for the comic book version or the First Class version though the First Class version is a bit more tasteful IMHO. The comic version works fine in the context of comic books but translated faithfully into three dimensions it just looks cornball to me. There's something about the unrealistic designs of comics that works on the page that in some cases just don't translate for me personally... I do like the look of the yellow and black/blue costume thing in the First Class photos though.

I like the idea of the comic book helmet as an earlier design. Plus, it's supposed to be the '60s. Everything was tacky. No natural colors or fabrics.

I am a little confused about Xavier's hair though. It's the standard way of telling us "Look, he's young!" He does look more like a younger Patrick Stewart than Tom Hardy ever did though.

I showed the Magneto pics to my wife, who isn't a super hero movie fan, and even she asked: "with all the budget money, couldn't they make a helmet that... Fits?".

Humana.....humana........humanaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :love :confused

Jennifer Lawrence: X-Men Star Talks Getting Entire Body Painted By Seven Girls

Jennifer Lawrence may play a secret mutant, but she's not shy about revealing how it happened.
The 'Winter's Bone' star and Golden Globe nominee spoke with The Hollywood Reporter about her role in the upcoming film 'X-Men: First Class,' in which she'll play the entirely blue bodied Mystique. In order to get the look, she had to spend eight hours a day getting her entire body painted.
"Nothing's sacred anymore," Lawrence told the Reporter. "Those girls and I got so close. They were painting me naked every day for months. It was kind of like going to a really bizarre sleepover... It's what you guys imagine we do: One naked girl and seven pairs of hands all over her."
She also went on a strict diet and workout regime to get in shape for the film -- though she said she's "still pissed about that" part.
It might be even harder to dress Lawrence than it is to paint her -- she told USA Today last week about the difficulty she has in finding clothing, especially a Golden Globes dress.
"I tried on about three dresses. My stylist knows she's got about three to four dresses she can put me in before I'm like 'Argh, I gotta get outta here!'" she said.
For more on Lawrence's preparation for 'X-Men,' click over to The Hollywood Reporter.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back