Underworld lycan WIP. A NEW START PAGE:5.

Subscribed. Ive been wanting to do one of these since I saw the movies. Looking great, I may need to go look at the bonus footage now too.

Bit of an update, Sincere apologises for the lack of but what with doing commission stuff and other of lives little issues but I have been steadily beavering away at it and I'm now about half way through the replica costume.....

I'm doing the best that I can with this Lycan but alas it ain t ever going to be an exact replica as I don't have those type of skills....

Here is where I am at with the project as of today.....

Any questions please feel free to ask away and I'll be most happy to answer them......

More to follow.....

Best wishes to one and all,

Paul

Here's a few more images of this Lycan project....

I'm in the process of adding the hair to the remaining body of the Lycan and also doing some tidying on the latex skin and adding a few bits of detail etc.......

Once I've applied all the hair to the appropriate body parts I'll then start trimming and blending the hair, Once done I'll use/apply a couple of coats of Liquitex gloss medium to the exposed skin to give a wet look effect to the skin etc. The final parts that still need making are the hands and the lower legs and feet and also the Digitgrade (Dogleg) stilts which hopefully I'll be making a start on later next week........

Loving it so far! I will be watching this thread closely.

Did you do upholstery foam covered in cloth and latex for the skin? Also any good links for the hair? I am in the progress of a William (grey.white version) just working on the head.

Loving it so far! I will be watching this thread closely.

Did you do upholstery foam covered in cloth and latex for the skin? Also any good links for the hair? I am in the progress of a William (grey.white version) just working on the head.

Thank you my friend, Greatly appreciated!

I'm watching your "William" Lycan build with great interest, So looking forward to seeing him progress and it looks mindblowing!

I use 1 inch blue upholstery foam from "Dunelm mill" chain of shops, it's about £6 per sheet and is about 3ftx2ft in dimensions. I used an old long sleeved sweat top for the base, which I then put onto a mannequin and then cut and shaped the muscle/s and glued them using "Evo stick" High impact contact adhesive. For the lower portion of the body I used a pair of the "Wifes" old tights, again placed onto the mannequin and then repeated the process for the upper portion of the body. I glued the two halves together and bought a black "Zentai" suit from ebay ( About £13 all in) which I then glued over the entire body/foam core, This can be pretty messy and a real pain as you have to glue the ankles first and then apply the glue and pull up the "Zentai" suit and work your way up....I really hated this part as I got more glue on my hands and fingers than the suit.....LOL.

I used this seller for the "KaneKalon" synthetic hair, she is quick with her shipping times and each pack is about £3.95 plus a couple of quid postage (Shipping costs come down the more you order.....Link is below...
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CyberloxShop?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

I'll get the link to the "Zentai" suit if you need it and also for the foam ( Not sure if they ship from their online store or you have to order it online and then collect in the nearest store to yourself??)

Link to the black "Zentai" suit.....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311354754...49&var=610449545658&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Link to the "1 inch" foam from "Dunelm Mill" that I use....
http://www.dunelm.com/product/foam-block-1000001582?searchTerm=foam

If I can help in any way then please give me a shout and I'll be only too pleased to assist my friend!

All the best,

Paul.

Last edited:
Wow, is all that hair all punched?!
I would prefer wider shoulders, but this is still really rad.

I sincerely appreciate your input my friend and is taken on board, So I have added more foam to the shoulders to make them broader/widers etc. The hair is layered and glued into place as I can't hair punch due to arthertitis in my hands and is too painful for me to do.....So this is the only option I could use for all the hair.

Thank you for your great comments and also your kind input etc, Greatly appreciated!

All the best,

Paul.

Thanks Paul for the links and the info, they really are helpful.

The hair looks like it will work a treat for me esp after seeing how good it looks on yours.

Can't wait to see it finished and worn.

Thanks Paul for the links and the info, they really are helpful.

The hair looks like it will work a treat for me esp after seeing how good it looks on yours.

Can't wait to see it finished and worn.

My absolute pleasure my friend, Glad to help where I can!

I spent a few hours yesterday dirtying up the hair on thehead and also on the upper parts of the Lycan, Making it look grimey and matted....I used a thin latex wash pigmented black and just dug the brush into the hair and thrashed it about to give it the desired look and the latex will also keep the majority of the hair in a dirty, matted state....So no need for vast cans of hair lacquer...LOL....

The upper torso (FRONT) now finished and the hair matted and dirty looking...

The upper torso (BACK).....

The front view with head attached......

I sincerely apologise for the lapse of updates in regards to this costume project the last few weeks have been hell...Tragically we lost one of our Dogs to Cancer, in the same week a very close and dear friend was diagnosed with terminal Cancer and given a few months of life, Sadly our friend passed away just over a week ago and last Monday we tragically lost another of our Dogs to Cancer..so it's been pretty traumatic past few weeks for both myself and my partner.....

I've been doing what I could when I felt up to it....I could not find the correct looking Blue Pupils for the black eyeballs, so I used brown ones instead.. Gutted I couldn't find em but nothing I could do... I've also broke away for the classic "Underworld Lycan"...(Yah I know I'm gonna get slapped for this.. LOL) I've had to add hair to the forearms and the front/upper areas of the thighs as the dread scourge namely creasing at this areas, I'll trim back these areas as much as I dare so it you can still see the under skin but softens the look and takes the eye away from the dreaded creasing.....

I've also altered the ear position by moving them slightly forward and inward.. They look a bit than they originally did, Also attached the hands to the wrists with black elastic for ease of fitting when the costume is being put on...you can't see the join/s under the hair and I also plan to make wrist shackles with attached black plastic chain (Painted a steel/gunmetal) so it looks like he's just broken free and on the rampage.... These will further hide the join between the hands and wrists of the costume...

Well that's about it for now, more updates as and when they happen,

A few photo's of the "Lycan" as he looks now.....

Life is steadily getting back to normal here so I am hoping to catch up on where I have fallen behind....

Sincere thanks for reading my update and best wishes to one and all,

Paul.

Last edited:
So it's been ages since I last posted on this costume project, It lapsed due to A few issues and health scares which has to take priority. But last year I made a new start on the build, Completely scrapping what I had previously done as to be honest and I admit that it looked and felt wrong..

I have re-done everything, Sculpting, Molding and cast a new face and head, body, arms, Hands and legs, It was hard at time and nearly drove me bats! So now the new replica costume is about 90% complete with only the lower legs and feet to finish up on and then add the remaining hair to where it's needed..

Photo's will follow as soon as I can upload them..??!!

FB_IMG_1521152830816.jpg

FB_IMG_1521152827816.jpg

FB_IMG_1521152798772.jpg

FB_IMG_1521152794390.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back