Underworld lycan WIP. A NEW START PAGE:5.

Re: Underworld lycan WIP. HEAD TEST VIDEO Page4.

Great build thread! Love what you've done so far.

Do you mind if I ask where your pendant came from?

Thanks! I need a new chain for mine and that one looks like it'll work :)

Looks awesome can't wait to see more, I'm a huge fan of the werewolves from underworld. Great work

More photo's Soon.......................

First image I took with the lights off and used a torch add a little light so not to give too much away just yet!
010.jpg

Before I started to add the black and grey synthetic hair mix, added a bit more skin detail at the sides of the head as you can see in the photo.
006.jpg

A little sneak peek of the Lycan's head, The silicone skin is now fully bonded to the fibreglass underskull, Done some more on the face detail. Still to add skin tones etc once all the hair around the face is in place, which should be completed later today. I know things are a bit slow regarding the head etc, but I don't want to rush and ruin it, if you get my drift?

More photo's by the weekend guys.

So here's the nearly completed head (apologises for the poor photo quality) I've still to finish off a few bits on the skin tones etc and add a little more hair around the head in a few places, but thought I'd show you where the head stands now. I decided to add a couple of blue LED's to the eyes to make it appear more evil looking and I've tried to get it as close as I can to looking something like the Lycan's from the Underworld films, but it is my own version of it. Not too sure on it to be honest, still 50/50 as to wether I like it or not, what you guys think?

009-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

005.jpg

007-1.jpg

008.jpg

Re: Underworld lycan WIP. NEW HEAD VIDEO Page5.

I think the teeth would look great if they were yellowed up a bit, they look great now but kind of a little pristine?
I really like how the hair has worked out.

It's been a few years since I first started this project and it was on and off and eventually ground to a halt due to finances and my own health going down hill so I had to put it away and I forgot about it until last week while watching the "Rise of the Lycans". A few days ago I dug out the face and head and began to re think it/him and due to my own stupid fault left it on the coffee table while I went into the kitchen, on my return to the living room I found our new German Shepherd pup happily chucking up in the air and catching it and ragging it around..A happy pup and a not so happy me.....I did find it funny until I checked it and found numerous rips and tears it the face and thank God the pup didn't swallow any..My biggest concern!!

So today I made a start on a new WED clay sculpt for the face and head as looking at it the pup really did me a favour, It was crap!! The head was too wide, the nose bridge way to short and the overall look was naff!!! I'm not the best sculptor on the planet and never profess to be and did what I could with the talents I have and had at the time of the first try at sculpting the face and head. I can never ever be as good as some of you guys and gals on here, I'll do what I can and it'll never be mindblowing nor a show stopper but it'll be my attempt at a Lycan and it won't be screen accurate but more of my own interpretation of one etc.

I'm gutted about the silicone face in truth and wish I could have finished this idea years ago but life has it's way of putting the stoppers on things but this time around it's full steam ahead with the big Dog and I've got to thank our young pup "Thor" for his input aswell!

After about six hours work and just getting the feel for the face and sculpting this thing again, Still a long way to go in regards to proportions, detailing and finally moulding it etc.

Again I do really apologise for this project just stopping dead in it's tracks and no updates or progress until now, Hopefull this time around it'll make more ground than it did a few years ago.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Absolutely Amazing

Sorry to hear about the damage to your other sculpt.. I have been a LOOOONG time lurker on this site and remember watching this one back when you started... I've wanted to dip my hand in mask making ever since..

I will be watching closely this time. Great work again

Absolutely Amazing

Sorry to hear about the damage to your other sculpt.. I have been a LOOOONG time lurker on this site and remember watching this one back when you started... I've wanted to dip my hand in mask making ever since..

I will be watching closely this time. Great work again

Thankyou my friend, Greatly appreciated.

The new sculpt is in the early stages yet and having posted up the photo's of it a few hours ago I've done a little more to it, added more clay to the width of the bridge of the nose/snout, moved the mouth up about an inch and widen it, lowered the eyebrows slightly, redefined the jaw and cheeks and that's about it for today. Will make a start on it again tomorrow and post up new images aswell. Yeah I was a bit devastated about the old silicone face but more concerned about the new pup..But all's good and he did me a favour...Made me get off my butt and make a fresh start on the face/head for the Lycan.

Paul.

I've mainly been concentrating on the mouth, lower jaw and eye area's of the clay sculpture...Defining and re-working the proportions etc. I decided to add the resin teeth to get more shape where the mouth/lips cover them to get a feeling of how it will look once cast, I'm slowly getting there...this is a slow process but hopefully this time around I have rectified the issues I had with the previous clay sculpture/Silicone cast and how bad it did look...it was horrible!!

Please let me know your thoughts or any input/questions etc, And I hope you like how this is coming along....

Today I started on the final sizing/proportions, I moved the entire face IE, nose, mouth and jaw up by two inches as the angle and position was wrong and way too low, I left the eyes and forehead as they were and carefully moved and grafted the face up and back on...It was wrong and now looking a tad better. I've started on the skin detail, adding wrinkles and lines etc, finally it's starting to take shape and looking somewhat WereWolf..Ish....Concentrated more effort around the eyes, Mouth and eyebrow ridges, the forehead is too high but that can be lowered once I have the cast done and the underskull completed. Now it's just a case of refining the skin and facial structure then it's onto the mould making process!

It great to see you continue progress on this. I was learning a lot from your previous attempt.
What is your reference this time around?
Are you going to use the Chewbacca lip snarl tech for this?
On post #111 I noticed a texture. What are you using to create the skin texture?
I am excited to see how this progresses.

It great to see you continue progress on this. I was learning a lot from your previous attempt.
What is your reference this time around?
Are you going to use the Chewbacca lip snarl tech for this?
On post #111 I noticed a texture. What are you using to create the skin texture?
I am excited to see how this progresses.

For reference etc I'm using the special bonus feature on the Underworld DVD and also behind the scene photo's from the internet

As for the lip snarl and jaw movement etc I'm still looking into options for this.....not sure yet??

For the skin texture I used a clay slip, Clay mixed with warm water until it's a runny paste and then applied with a damp sponge and just keep going over it very lightly until you get sort of a skin/pore effect on the sculpt, To get the wrinkles I used the same clay slip method but this time lightly brushed this on first and then place a plastic carrier bag over the sculpt and gentle patted it on the surface to get wrinkles in the bag...Let it dry and peeled it off and you are left with wrinkles on the skin, then use the sponge method to get the skin tone.

Hope that helps?

Paul.

Finished the clay sculpt last night and allowed it to dry off overnight, I then gave the sculpt a coat of sealer and then added a coat of satin black before adding another coat of sealer...This will stop the sculpt from cracking before I can mould it after Christmas. Please ignore the huge dome on top of the head this isn't going to be part of the mould but more of a mouldline as I will sculpt the top of the head and neck of the Lycan in one piece.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back