Underworld lycan WIP. A NEW START PAGE:5.

Re: Underworld lycan WIP.Update 24/03/11.Page3.

Ok guys, apart from a little drama during the de-moulding and the nose still being wet and it not coming out, the first pull came out pretty well, all the skin detail, wrinkles etc are spot on and I'm happy with it! poured another one into the mould and is curing as I type this. I'm going to use the first pull as a learning curve and will leave the next one a little longer to cure, but I hope the photo's of this one will give you all an idea of whats to come.
I have also done the neck skin for the Lycan and is already painted up and is ready to have the hair applied once it's trimmed up, so please excuse the rough edges around the neck.The underskull is now getting there aswell, finished the gum line, the teeth are all in place, so now all I have to do is paint up the front teeth and the upper canines and it's ready for the skin to be applied once it's cured. Again I'm sorry for the lack of updates on this, I shall endeavor to keep you all more updated as it comes along.

Piccy time.......Underskull......
DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

Skin cast...again it's a learning curve. Untrimmed, no nose (WHOOPS!) and minus his ears, still curing. I gave it a quick coat of black to see how it looked, so apologises for some photo's as it was still going off in places.
DSC00400.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

Re: Underworld lycan WIP.Update 28/03/11.Page4.

A couple more, now trimmed up a little, mouth and eyes cut out, gives you an idea of how the next one (with nose intact) will look.

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

SO ENVIOUS.
well done mate :) really looking forward to seeing how this works out!

Here's a sneak peak of where I'm at now guys, he's coming together nicley and I am concentrating all my efforts on completing the head now, next stage is the hair punching, not lookin forward to it though. My partner Karen walked into the work room just after I had attached the eyes and skin etc and instantly freaked out, she is petrified of it!!! Thats what effect I was aiming for.....so here's the beasty now......

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00423-1.jpg

Re: Underworld lycan WIP.Update 10/04/11.Page4.

This looks like it will be absolutely stunning when finished.
Though I do wonder what other molds you have when you need to label something that is so uniquely shaped.

Re: Underworld lycan WIP.Update 10/04/11.Page4.

Firstly I just want to say sincere apologises to all you guys following this costume project, I've had major health issues to deal with that have had to come first, so the project was delayed slightly. I'm still not a 100% yet and it's going to be a fair few months till I'm properly on the mend. But saying that I have managed to do a little more on the head, hand punching the hairs into it. It still aint done yet, just half way through and I have to rest and take my time plus my poor fingers are killin me!
Hopefully the head shoud be completed by next weekend, so it's then time to fit his eyes and the permenant fix of the overskin to the under skull, you can see where I had to lift the skin around the jawline to hand punch in the hair.Still got to do some refining with the skin tones, but at present I'm concentrating on getting the hair finihed then I'll get on with some skin detail.Well I hope you like the progress pic's and please let me know your thoughts guys??

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

Re: Underworld lycan WIP.Update 30/04/11.Page4.

Very cool. It's nearing the end now! I kind of like this skin coloration:

DSC00411.jpg

Will it go back to something similar when the skin gets painted up? The hair must have take quite a while to do, huh?

Re: Underworld lycan WIP.Update 16/05/11.Page4.

Finally think I'm there with the head for this project?? Been a real battle at times, but I had to continue as I didn't want this to beat me into submission. Not quite true to the original Lycan, but a close to it as I can get, I'm no genius, but I am happy with how he looks so far. So I thought I would upload a vid of the head as it looks now and I apologise for the background music, thought it would be fun!?

Here's a link to the video.

Last edited:

If you want the hair/fur to look more like the movies, you could always try cropping a good amount off and ruffling it to give it a "bed-head" sort of look. Just a thought.
Also, really awesome costume... If "costume" is the appropriate term, that is. Is there or will there be a detailed how to guide? I'd really like to make or buy one of these...
Will you be selling?

So after a break from this project and overcoming health problems I've decided to start this back up again. I also apologise to those who have followed this project and it's sudden stop due tio my health, it is back on again as I've had loads of people asking me when is it going to be completed and I really want to see this costume project finally finished. The first head I did I decided to scrap as it didn't look right and the Latex skin wasn't giving the right look to the Lycans face. After using silicone for the first time on a Wraith prosthetic and finding it much more plyable and giving better face detail I decided to cast up a new Wolf face skin using Plastsil Gel-00 from Mouldlife and using 15% deadener to make it a little more plyable and pigmented it Black to give a better base colour to the skin. I've also decided to re-do the fibreglass underskull as working on other projects has given me a better idea on how to make better than the first one and also a better insight into the facial mechanics to make the jaw open better and also the ear movement etc. So far I'm around 60% complete on the under skull with new and better looking teeth and jaw line, better eye sockets and ear mounts. I will post up photo's of the new silicone face and underskull tomorrow as I've been non stop on it again today and need to upload the images from my camera.

Best wishes to one and all,

Paul.

Re: Underworld lycan WIP.BACK AT IT AGAIN.Page4.

You know this is excellent news to me! I hope it works out for you this time. :D

Thanks Mr Fett, Over the last few months working on a couple of other costume projects has helped me better understand casting, silicones, sculpting etc and now my health is better I can now progress with this costume idea until it's completed.

Here's a couple of photo's of the Lycan's new Silicone face etc, still to trim up it up and clean up inside the mouth area and please excuse the lighter holding it's mouth open. The new face, skull and teeth look so much better than my first attempt but I class it as a learning curve. More updates as I progress with it.

DSC01032.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

DSC01034.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

Last edited:

A few random photo's of the new fibreglass under with bigger eye sockets and more pronounced eyebrow ridges,a new siicone tongue,gumline and internal mouth.Also the skull as now got Aluminium ear pivots and fibreglass ear shells that will be covered in silicone once the skull has been fully trimmed,cleaned up and finished. The Silicone outer face of the Lycan was just pulled over the skull and will be permanently bonded onto itl when I have done the above and added the inner cable work for the ear and jaw movemnet. Some people will say why have I started again, well I wasn't really happy with my first attempt in so many ways, now after a break from it and doing other things I've learned a few valuable lessons and now back onto the Wolf project.

DSC01050.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

DSC01047.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01051_zps929d9fdd.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Underworld lycan WIP, HEAD TEST VIDEO.Page4.

Having just about finished the new underskull etc and now having worked out the jaw and ear mechanics, I decided to do a quick test of the mouth movement with the Silicone face over the skull to see if any problems arose form either the face or cabling system I rigged up. Bascially the ears and mouth movement will be operated via a cable system that runs from pivot points to a chinstrap that goes under my own chin and when I open my own mouth the Lycan's mouth will open and it's ears will go flat to imitate anger or it's menacing snarl or growl. I've still got a couple of bits left to do to the skull as you see in the video the silicone face isn't bonded to it yet and I still have to put the eyes into place. Still to faom up the rest of the neck and upper shouder area of the head section before I add the silicone skin to these areas and then onto adding the black and grey synthetic hair. I hope you guys will agree this time around it looks a lot better than my first attempt and would appreciate your feed back on him so far.

Re: Underworld lycan WIP. HEAD TEST VIDEO Page4.

Seeing it's my Birthday on Tuesday my partner Karen ordered me an early pressie which turned up in the post today. It's a replica of Lucian's pendant as seen in the Underworld films. The Handsome fellow kindly modelling the pendant in the photo's is my lovely Grman Shepherd "Beau", he so loved wearing it he even managed to smile on the very last photo! The pendant will eventually be placed around the neck of the finished Lycan costume and is a little twist I wanted to add to the big dog costume!

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01057.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

Sincere apologises for not posting for the last few weeks, been busy with finishing off a few bits. I've started to bond the Silicone Skin to the fibreglass underskull using Mouldlife's CAF3 silicone adhesive, by god it's damn good stuff! It's bonding abilities is so strong that once a silicone appliance is glued is stays glued and to get off the silicone piece you'll end up tearing it rather than the glue releasing! The silicone face is far, far better than my first attempt in Latex and it follows the curves of the skull perfectly and it's as close as I'll ever get it to looking like the screen version (I'm happy with it).So Made a start with bonding the forehead, cheeks and nose area of the face, which has to be left for 24hrs to fully cure. I'm ordering another 4 kilo's of Silicone tomorrow so I can finally finish the neck and upper torso of the Lycan, these hopefully should arrive Wednesday so I can crack on. Once I've got the remaining bits siliconed I'll hoepfully be able to post up a few photo's of the new head in it's fully siliconed state before the weeks end and before I make a start on the hair punching , something I am not looking forward too in the slightest! I've be talking a guy in the States who as agreed to do a commision for the Lycans body and will be making a start after Christmas, this will be a full muscle suit in foam latex which he'll start from scratch etc, so pleased about it as I can't do a full body due to limited space and other issues. Finished the lower dog legs and feet in foam ready for the latex to arrive. anyway I apologise again for not posting much up photo wise as I want to show worthwhile!

This is really fantastic!:D
This thread has taught me a lot. I hope to use all of this information someday.

I was hoping to see the upper lip curl up in the video :( .

Can you you explain how the mechanics of the face work?
Are you going to punch some hair into the skin?

I am looking forward to seeing more.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back