Underworld lycan WIP. A NEW START PAGE:5.

Re: Underworld lycan WIP.Update 01/29/11.Page2.

If this is your first try at sculpting, you took quit a challenge with building a Lycan.

I do this for about 3 years and I started on a lycan 2 weeks ago and it was not that easy ;-)

So... Great job!!
The only thing I was wondering about, are you going to mold the fangs allong with the head? It would look more realistic if you sculpt the head without fangs and put them in later when the mask is casted. Best way to make them is with fimo clay or milliput.

"We can be slaves, or we can be LYCANS!"

Great build, dude! Can't wait to see the finished product.

hey dude after finishing that could you bite me so i could turn into one? :)

looks realistic! can't wait to see it finished.

thats just amazing!!! absolutely well done for a first attempt at sculpting. can't wait to see how this turns out

Lil update on the Lycans face detail guys, spent a few hours practicing my sculpting techinques at the weekend before starting on the detail work on the overskin. Started this, this morning and you'll see the results of my attempts in the photo's below. I'm no genius when it comes to things like this guys, so any comments, critisms, input etc is much appreciated. I'm concentrating on the head at present and I've ordered more clay to start on the neck and shoulders for the project, when this arrives I'll get a move on with the afore mentioned, which I'll then mold up ready to take a latex cast, speaking of which, I need some advice on which is the best way to do this, I've heard of the plaster jacket method,but I've no idea on this, I want to get as much detail from the face as possible and your the guys to ask on this. I'm terrifed of messing this up!

Anyways here's the photo's of him so far........ you can't see as much of the detail in this light.

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Underworld lycan WIP.Update 01/02/11.Page2.

Wow this looks absolutely fantastic, and for someone who has never sculpted before , you had me fooled, very very nice!

Good. You're starting in on some of the weird wrinkle lines they had on the outside edges of their mouths. That's one of their telltale looks from their sculpt.

Last edited:

Can't wait for more updates! The head build reminds me of the process used to make Fluffy; the crate creature from Creepshow.

Re: Underworld lycan WIP.Update 05/02/11.Page3.

The wed clay I ordered arrived on Wednesday, so I made a start on the neck, ears etc on my Lycan build, It wasn't easy for me being a first timer when it comes to sculpting, after numerous attempts I finally started getting with it and made some progress. I'm not going all out on the neck detail, I've done some basics on it, but when it's cast it'll be covered in hair so I see no point in going into intricate detailing on this bit. Just about there with the head and neck section now,a little bit of tidying here and there and he's just about ready to mold up. I'm going to ask you guys for help on molding this boy up, what would be the best way, a two part mold or more and what release agent would you guys suggest ? I've never molded anything up in my life, so I am asking for your expertise on these questions guys and I am really nervous regarding this part of the build.

Just about there with his head etc......

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

Here's a couple more, sorry about the picture quality.

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

Hope you like guys, please let me know your thoughts so far on this animal.

Last edited:

i'm seriously wishing i hadn't scrapped my lycan sculpt now....definitely something i'm gonna have to look at doing again in the future, this is badass!!

Finished up the fine detailing on the sculpt, so I am now waiting for the materials to arrive so I can get on with molding him up, they should arrive hopefully by the middle of next week, fingers crossed. Anyhoo, once they do I'll get on with the molding process and be posting up pic's as I go along. I'm half way through buildng the Digitgrade legs now, just go to do a little welding here and there, do the foot plates and attach the retaining wire etc, hopefully they'll be done soon?? Now I am having a slight problem trying to locate replica black glass eyes for this project and I have spent some serious time looking on the internet trying to find some for the Lycan, no joy?? Can anyone point me in the right direction as it would be a great to find some for this project??

More photo's will be posted up soon and I am soooo looking forward to finally getting this beast molded and cast up!!!!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back