First Look: Andrew Garfield in Spider-Man Costume

.:MirrorminD:.

Sr Member
Not sure how I feel about it yet he definitely looks the part

dghwg0.jpg

realy not feeling that costume at all, realy dont like the pattern or the webbing. why do filmakers insist on changing what is already a superb design. it just looks messy to me.

I can't believe he's wearing that! He should be wearing the original baggy suit, made out of red and blue cotton sheets, with "webs" drawn on with a marker.

I just thought I'd post that before someone else does.

oh yeah , looking on the inside of the wrist area on both arms , is it me ar does there seem to be a metalic glint... wonder if they are web shooter nozzles, seems to be in the same position on both wrists too... i live in hope !!

Oh no, they f'd it up! I don't mind the texture or the colors - and I love that he's got mechanical web shooters - but why change the pattern? This is really messy.

I dunno where to even start with this one. Why on earth would Marvel kill Raimi's 4th film for that? Not digging that at all. I always try to reserve judgement at least until the full trailer hits but that's hard to not get worried about that one.

and that chest spider... just plain ugly. the suit looks like its made from glued together wet suit pieces. this is just plain wrong... sorry but to me thats no spidey and i'm a lifelong fan...this realy dissapoints.. at least raimi respected the design , updated it but kept the concept.

I think the chest spider is battle damaged.

I don't hate this. I think the kid could've worked on his pecs a tad more, but...

Why on earth would Marvel kill Raimi's 4th film for that?

Because Raimi made terrible movies when it came to Spider-Man.

I like how people consider this a total write-off 'cause of one photograph of a costume... never mind 'bout the rest, huh?

not writing the movie off, but that suit.... its just not spiderman.. ive been a fan since i was a toddler, i'm 42 now and can honestly say in my opinion the movie might be great but the suit in this pic sucks.

the suit looks like its made from glued together wet suit pieces.

When you put it like that, it actually makes sense.

As to the question about "killing Raimi's 4th for this." It's because that descision has nothing to do with the specifics of the costume. Remember, we're the only one's that care about that, and I promise we'll see it anyway. :lol

Hopefully the lower budget on this will shift the focus on the characters. :thumbsup

Raimi wanted a kazillion dollars to be able to film his vision of the fourth movie so they said bye bye.

I wouldn't worry about not liking the costume. Sony will just keep rebooting the franchise every 8 years or so. Eventually there will be a costume for everyone.

true , i'll still see it and probably buy the disc too.. what i'm hoping is is a first incarnation.. the wrestling suit type thing or the suit he uses when doing tv spots. in one comic ive got he has an agent that tells peter the suit looks thrown together so better come up with something new.... you never know..

Can't they make it more "emo"? Damn.

Well, it's not like Spider-man isn't already one of the most emo characters easy. He's an awkward, unliked teenager whose uncle gets murdered because he's a selfish boob, he accidentally killed his girlfriend, and nearly everyone he knows or is related to is a super-villain.

As long as they get the eyes right on the mask, it doesn't matter what the costume looks like.

Because Raimi made terrible movies when it came to Spider-Man.

I like how people consider this a total write-off 'cause of one photograph of a costume... never mind 'bout the rest, huh?

I beg to differ. The first two movies were fantastic and Avi Arad was as much to blame for the third as anybody.

And I didn't say the movie was horrible based on this one photo - just worrisome.

:rolleyes

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back