First Look: Andrew Garfield in Spider-Man Costume

For Spider-Man (May 3, 2002), Sony released the teaser trailer online on July 9, 2001 and two days later in theatres attached it with their big release Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

For The Amazing Spider-Man (July 3, 2012), I am hoping the teaser trailer will be released in July 2011, maybe with Captain America (July 22) even though it's a different studio release.

Last edited:
You know what I'd like to see? Some webswinging where Pete has to actually aim his webs at buildings and constantly adjust his swings and stuff based on real world physics. I know Raimi did a tiny bit of that in his films, but the majority was Pete swinging from invisible ceilings.

I think that would definitely give the film a more... erm... realistic take on the character and distinguish it from the previous three movies. The character would no doubt move in a completely different manner and it could make action/swinging sequences more exciting.

But I suppose the downside is that it would rely on way too much cgi to make it convincing. But if it was done right, I wouldn't mind at all.

It's my understanding there are something like 22 stuntmen working on this new movie - that's more than double that were on the previous movies. Also, they are going for more practical effects - the shots that were leaked where Spidey has his legs wrapped around the guy in the black leather jacket - that's actually a mannequin the guy is holding. They've been attaching those things all over the place. The one thing i liked in the script was that Peter has to take his shoes off before he climbs a wall - same way it was in the old comics. Now, will that detail stay in the final movie? I hope so.

It's my understanding there are something like 22 stuntmen working on this new movie - that's more than double that were on the previous movies. Also, they are going for more practical effects - the shots that were leaked where Spidey has his legs wrapped around the guy in the black leather jacket - that's actually a mannequin the guy is holding. They've been attaching those things all over the place. The one thing i liked in the script was that Peter has to take his shoes off before he climbs a wall - same way it was in the old comics. Now, will that detail stay in the final movie? I hope so.

That would explain how little effort it seems to take to keep Spidey attached to that guy... That would be kind of a humiliating job IMHO to walk around like that.

I definitely like the idea of Peter having to take his shoes off. That's actually a pet-peeve of mine. I get the whole sticking to walls bit but whatever the mechanism for sticking to walls, it simply wouldn't work through sneaker soles. Even those Spidey boots in the photos are pushing it IMHO.

Any hint on the deal with the web shooters? I'm curious because the web fluid storage compartments must be literally paper thin (i.e. no bulges around the wrists) unless they are actually just nozzles to spin or direct web fluid from organic glands...

I didn't think much about the suit when the first official picture came out, but it have grown on me ever since and after the second photo I'm liking it more and more, but I won't be sure if I truly like it or not until I see the trailer or film.

Last edited:
Has anyone thought about making this costume yet? If so, what kind of material is used in it? It is a very textured material but haven't been able to figure out what it is.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back