First Look: Andrew Garfield in Spider-Man Costume

I'm super curious how they will deal with the web shooters.

I, for one, am pro-organic web shooters.

If you can create an adhesive that 3M can't you won't have trouble paying rent or getting Aunt May that new hat she's been wanting.

Organic web shooter streamline the character nicely. It is also a nice metaphor for burgeoning puberty. Wink wink nudge nudge.

It just makes sense.

Nick

Batman with a suit that is an extension of his normal comic book gadget usage is not much of a stretch.

I like the relatability of Spidey's fabric suit. He's supposed to be the "common man's" hero and people wear fabric clothes that rip and wrinle. Shiny, wet, snake skin super fabric takes him a little further into the realm of a sci-fi look.

I say don't be afraid of Spider-man looking a little dorky.

Nick

I'm glad someone brought this up, because until 1989 Batman wasn't "tech." In fact, all the fanboy crying I read now about the new Spidey suit sounds like everything everyone was saying about the batsuit back then. :)

Larry I have no buisness arguing with you about anything comic related but...

Batman in the 60's comics had underwater and even SPACE suit adaptations...

Google Image Result for http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/3544-796-3912-1-batman_super.jpg

I'd say 89 batman was pretty tame in comparison.

I agree it's a bit too fancy, but I'm hoping they fit into the story how Pete makes the suit. Maybe before Uncle Ben died, he supplied Pete with various tools and scientific machinery to foster his talent and it's all in his basement or something (I know it's a stretch since they're supposed to be pretty poor). I mean, if various RPF'ers can make the Raimi Spidey suit, why can't Peter make one too if he has the adequate tools?

I thought there were also sorts of Bat gadgets through the decades... planes, boats, helicopters, belt gadgets, etc., etc. To me, making the suit more "techy" was kind of an natural evolution for the character in a way. That's not to say it's the be-all-end-all... It would be nice to see Batman return to more of a detective role relying less on the tech stuff though. Maybe after that franchise is rebooted we'll be arguing about how it's just a crime against humanity to see Batman in gray spandex :p

I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one that's pro-organic web shooters. I understand the arguments against it and how developing the shooters is an important part of his transition (and I've got no problem with folks disagreeing mind you) but to me, I kind of see it like, it'd suck to develop all these cool spider powers and then lack the coolest thing. And to me, it also kills the argument about the suit needing to be "low-tech". Just my $.02

I always was impressed how they avoided that issue in the Raimi movie. Peter goes from designing the final suit on paper to having it ready to wear all in a montage.

The music and pacing are done in just the right way where you forget to ask "Hey, how did he...?"

Every story has plot holes and moments that demand a suspension of disbelief. It's a the storyteller's job to make sure they they don't get noticed (or at least don't interfere with the audiences' fun time.)

Nick

I'm actually hoping they utilize the reloading issue with the webshooters. I'm hoping there are some scenes where Pete has to duck and cover while reloading, or actually going into a fight without any web fluid because he ran out.

It's hard to pass judgment with the pics shown but the transition from the gloves to the blue looks a little strange/over-designed. I also don't know about the lack of black webbing lines.

I saw this... hated it.
Looked at it for about a few seconds, and realized it is updated for the current generation.
Would I wear it if I was spiderman? Yes I would.

That said I wonder how much (if any) of it is CG.

The only major elements I see that bug me are the removal of the band around the waist (Unless that is an affect by shadow or the suit texture), and the pattern of the webs and spider. The webs are BORDERLINE Captain Planet. I bet the mask will look pretty cool. The whole suit has a more technological/organic feel, (inspired by the spacesuit concept?)
02_biosuitfront_small.jpg

At this point I'm just thinking about how to replicate it comfortably. (IE, trying to avoid latex)

Think it could be Aero-mesh like TDK suit? Or maybe it's a screen printed suit like the Black suit from SM3...

I'm excited actually... I mean, at least it's not like what they did here:
nicolas-cage-superman.jpg

I always was impressed how they avoided that issue in the Raimi movie. Peter goes from designing the final suit on paper to having it ready to wear all in a montage.

The music and pacing are done in just the right way where you forget to ask "Hey, how did he...?"

Every story has plot holes and moments that demand a suspension of disbelief. It's a the storyteller's job to make sure they they don't get noticed (or at least don't interfere with the audiences' fun time.)

Nick

Like when Han and Luke climb out of the Death Star trash compacter, take off their trooper suits - and are wearing their normal clothes! Including their regular boots! How did all of the fit under the trooper armor?! :confused :confused :confused

You know, the costume in a way sort of has a Green Lantern vibe to it... but crossed with that rubber shelf-liner stuff. The more I look at the high-res version, the more rubbery it looks. I kind of expected them to downplay the texturing which is part of what caught me off-guard with this costume design. I thought they were going to go not just for the Ultimate Spider-Man vibe story wise but visually too which I imagined as being more "back to basics" and I was clearly not right :lol Maybe it'll win me over. It probably will knowing me.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back