$20 Original Tron Identity Disc Replica Project

Thanks for the help dropshipbob! I went today to have the "negative" rings cut, and will use those as a mask because the vinyl stuck so well. Then I'll paint. I also bought transparent blue paint to check it out as well. Looks like all in all about $13 for the frisbee, $12 for the vinyl (whether used as the rings between the light or the mask for the light after painting), and $6 total for the white paint (krylon plastic fusion) and transparent blue paint (testors).

So if you can mask worth a dime (I can't), you're still looking at around $20 total for the project.

As far as flying, yes it still does! Along with being a cheap, quick project, that was my main objective along with the electronics being self contained.

I'm also toying with the idea of putting at least 2 more leds in the housing underneath.

This looks nice. I was thinking about doing something like this a while back. I was going to use the Flashflight but the Wham-O lights look a lot better. Any updates with the additional rings?

I did something similiar using a modified FlashFlight Jr:

900.jpg
901.jpg

More pics here:
custom TRON Identity Discs

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back