Post your Animation cel collection!

I only have one; I'll try to get a pic. It's an amazing shot of Marshall Bravestarr, snagged for 4 dollars! Honestly though, I'll never display it, so if someone wants a dirt cheap cel, PM me!

I could've got a Super Mario Bros. Super Show cel at MegaCon. Very cheap too but I couldn't find a ATM...kicking myself for missing out on it.

I've been looking all over for Spiderman with no luck.

I was able to reproduce the background for my batman one!
Batman2.jpg

AWESOMENESS BUMP :)
Love to see these old cels being cherished.
I have quite a few that I need to photograph, mostly 1970's & 1980's Saturday morning stuff,
But the pride of my collection are the vintage Disney animation drawings.
Cels are cool, but were traced by the ink & paint department, the rough animation drawings are the life of the cartoon.... Straight from the animator's hand.

I have a cel from the Real Ghostbusters trailer pilot/promo that was made before the final show started. This was the one where they all had tan suits and the character models were different.

5331360535_1c3fae2072_b.jpg

Last edited:
Don't have them handy to take pics of, but I've got a handful of anime cels. One of Omi from Weiss Kreuz (not sure from where), and 4 from Cardcaptor Sakura. 2 are from the same sequence in the first episode where she finds the book, one is of a stuffed Kero-chan, and one is of her summoning her wand from the third season snow episode.

Got a holy grail of mine recently. A bunch of drawings from this sequence in "Mississippi Hare" (from the collection of Virgil Ross, but it was actually animated by Ken Harris) were being sold at Warner Bros. stores in the early 90s, and I was really tempted to get one when I saw them. I resisted the extravagance and regretted it ever since. One came up in an auction last year (it had apparently been cherry-picked out of the batch before the rest of the pile went to the WB store, because those had Virgil's signature on them), and I jumped. It's the fourth highest I've ever spent on a single collectible (the others being Master Replicas studio scale models). It will be the first thing I grab if the house catches fire.
(I used to use an animated gif I made of this dance as my avatar but I can't find the file at the moment.)

bugs-animation-drawing-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Got a holy grail of mine recently. A bunch of drawings from this sequence in "Mississippi Hare" (from the collection of Virgil Ross, but it was actually animated by Ken Harris) were being sold at Warner Bros. stores in the early 90s, and I was really tempted to get one when I saw them. I resisted the extravagance and regretted it ever since. One came up in an auction last year (it had apparently been cherry-picked out of the batch before the rest of the pile went to the WB store, because those had Virgil's signature on them), and I jumped. It's the third highest I've ever spent on a single collectible (the others being Master Replicas Millennium Falcon and USS Enterprise). It will be the first thing I grab if the house catches fire.
(I used to use an animated gif I made of this dance as my avatar but I can't find the file at the moment.)

View attachment 1247320
I have a huge animation collection but never got around to acquiring a vintage WB piece. Color me envious!!!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back