The Amazing Spiderman (Reboot) Costumes and Wardrobe

Re: Spiderman Reboot Costumes and Wardrobe

Definitely no belt:

Looks like a all blue undersuit?

Silk Screened dark blue waffle over the blue:
Red silicone heat pressed/glued on top of that?
Definitely is a cooler solution to the "breaking webs" issue.

Can't tell if it's dye subbed this time around... The suit's got seams between the sections. And the waffle pattern doesn't have the muscle distortion this time around.
Could this one wind up being *easier* than the last suit?

garfieldsuit.jpg

Edited for detail:

5 megabyte file:

anybody else notice the metal discs in the wrists of the gloves?

I'm having a really tough time with this one. I guess I'll reserve my judgement for when it all comes out but for now I'm leaning towards not liking this. It's just TOO busy. Like they intentionally said..."Hey, let's make this as tough as we possibly can make it so that the fans have a really hard time replicating it." That was my very first impression.

Those patterns in both the blue and red look raised for sure. I'm thinking it's a raised, rubbery ink of some kind stamped or screened on.

Just for once, I wish Hollywood would just replicate what we've all grown to know and love about a character's look instead of always insisting on putting their own spin on it.

It reminds me of the abandoned Tim Burton Superman suit, that thing oozes "extreme 1990s makeover" in the way it's been rendered. The suit made for the Maguire films is definitely my favourite, an sympathetic update... I'll need to see the mask for Garfield's to get my final feeling on it, but it's not likely to improve.

@ Tsuyosa-

Looks like the waffle pattern does distort to emphasize musculature- look at the changes down the length of his right arm...

At least this is a kid who was able to build a set of webshooters, so maybe the advanced fabric technology isn't so big a stretch?

Ugh... They took away the belt and that last pic does look like he's got racing stripes down the side of his legs...

Blarg...

Looks like the love child of the Superman Returns, Batman Forever and Spider Man. All we need are Spider-Nips.

Just not likin' it.

Over designed and what's there doesn't say Spider Man.

You have crosshatching instead of the web shape design.

The elegant solutions from the previous films were tossed for the over branded Super suit.
Lets check the shoe soles of this for logos!!

Chuck...

I dunno... as a non-Spiderman fan, I actually REALLY like this costume design. The times they are a-changin' and these new modern and realistic looking costumes are totally interesting me in the movies. They'll still have all the tricks and powers, they'll just look like they're doing it all in something more appropriate than spandex. I feel like the old costume, though more faithful to the original design was just too ... cartoony. Which is great, I guess for die-hards who want it as original as possible but the subtlety of the design on this one makes it look more like superhero armor and less like a costume.

I personally think it's a pretty good thing for me to think that...I mean, I REALLY don't like Spiderman so the fact that I'm intrigued by this ( and the new Captain America ) makes me think that the audience range is going to be a lot more broad than just the comic book/tv show fan demographic.

Thumbs up from me!

And on an aesthetic level, I'm totally digging the textures. Totally looking forward to seeing the mask and people attempt this one!

This looks terrible. :thumbsdown I wasn't crazy about casting him to begin with since he doesn't look like Peter. Toby had the perfect look. His costume was perfect since it looked like Spidey. This is just bad. Not looking forward to the movie at all. One of the kids I work with says the movie sounds like it's going to be a Twilight version of Spiderman. Bad.

Captain America's costume is different from the classic design but it still works and looks fine. Even Thor's doesn't look too bad. Spidey, Ugh.

I just worked this up quickly. It's a cleaned up version of the new Spidey symbol on his chest (And stomach):

Screenshot2011-01-14at84445PM.png

I think I'm missing a detail line or two, but I can't be sure until we see a non-battle damaged version of the suit.

-Nick

I don't think there's any more of a belt to this thing unfortunately... it appears to me that there'll be a belt across the back and the red you see above the hips is it coming to a point and ending in a funky pattern like that terrible end on the gloves...

To me it looks like the red pattern was painted onto the blue undersuit. Certain spots look as if the red paint is wearing off and showing the blue suit underneath.

I like the texture on the red parts being integrated into the design. Notice how the webs are distinct on his upper chest but merge into the texture from the spider emblem down. Pretty cool.

On the first spidey film, the costume designer said the textures on the suit were added to keep the fabric from looking like plain spandex. I think it was a good move.

What concerns me more than the texture is the seams. Those wetsuit-style seams on his hips. They did the same thing on the Superman Returns costume down his arms and legs. Why are they so afraid to let the solid areas be solid?

I kind of like the wetsuit seams running along the blues. Is anyone else DYING to see other shots of this thing? On one hand, this pic shows quite a bit, on the other, without seeing the mask, the back, the legs, etc, we're still in the dark on the majority of what this thing looks like. Hopefully we'll start seeing some set photos of it soon.

a picture I saw on a blogging site I go on. Someone photoshopped a mask and put the belt back there.

tumblr_lf19jeBO3h1qec5kdo1_500.jpg

The suit is growing on me. I like unique properties the film makers are going for.

All I really want however is the perfect Todd Mcfarlane Spidey mask. Complete with horrendously MASSIVE eyes!

49752-4421-64603-1-spider-man_super.jpg

I agree with that : " I have to agree with b89. I like the color and how the texture comes through, but the basic lines of the design seem lost. The web design doesn't pop as much anymore. I hope the belt is there eventually because else it kinda looks like a big arrow pointed at his crotch.

It kinda looks like he made it out of basketballs. "

Definitely made me thought about basketballs. Now, TheNickFox's point is also good : It could have been made out of a websu.... sorry, wetsuit ( :p ) à la Kick-Ass, that would make sense ( still, everyone will wonder how a poor kid can create a spider fluid and webshooters, but, hey ).

I'd really, really, REALLY would like, one day, to sit down with some Hollywood filmmakers and ask them, why the **** do they always want to redesign everything. It's like a spoiled child who cried he wanted HIS Spider-man... When you adapt a material into a movie, you do it for the fans, not for your fu****g ego.

Good point about this suit : It's more discrete, less hey, I'm a hero thing that Tobey's suit.

Bad point IMHO : Design, and the more I see, the less I like it... Trying to keep an open mind thought.

My two cents.

Seriously - that is one ugly freaking suit ! Looks like he's wearing some kind of textured condom.

Not a fan - Not impressed - not really interested in their excuse for why he looks like a shiny turd.

my 2 cents

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back