The Amazing Spiderman (Reboot) Costumes and Wardrobe

Re: Spiderman Reboot Costumes and Wardrobe

skinny spidey in a high school drama...sounds nice lol

but the suit really nice to me...with the bag ofcourse

I just notice that the strip from his 'half belt' also runs down the side of his leg!

... As much as I want to cry "foul" because it's not canon.... I'm actually VERY intrigued by this suit!

I have a guess: The red bits we see extending from his back onto his hips that look like the vestiges of his belt are ACTUALLY the bottom legs of the red spider on his back!

Any thoughts.

Also, I really like this suit. It just seems very functional, yet modern and cool.

-Nick
I actually just had the exact same thought about the red at his hips being the back spider's legs.

I made a 10 second manip of what would have made this costume better for me right off the bat.
spideyfix.jpg

Also, anyone think it somewhat resembles some of the concept art for the Sam Raimi Spidey series?
spiderman1024.jpg

Spiderman-01.jpg

spidey03.jpg

Like I said, I think the suit is growing on me already. Yes I do wish they would have just stuck to the traditional look a little more, but I just can't give up on this movie because of the costume. Especially when the cast is so awesome. This is the first time I've actually felt a little disappointed with the stuff we've seen, so I will let it slide for now as it doesn't outway the positive aspects quite yet.

Last edited:

Everyone bemoaning the new suit, let's all remember the case of the BatPod from The Dark Knight. We all saw footage of it, and a bunch of people cried and screamed about how Nolan was going all Schumacher on us and just adding vehicle after vehicle, despite the fact that to put new R&D in on something like that would be the easiest way for Batman's identity to be known. The the movie comes out, and lo and behold, the BatPod was an Escape POD for the Tumbler...making perfect sense in context.

...this suit may yet make more sense when seen in context. Like I said earlier, they may ever try to make it appear that this is a wetsuit that he has modified, or something else.

But even if they don't, I actually prefer it without the belt. I think it make him look sleeker and emphasizes he already diminutive stature.

Your mileage may vary.

-Nick

I agree, it's just tough to accept when all other incarnations have been so similar up until now. Like I said, this won't affect my feelings on the movie itself one bit. I just want to see more/better pics and to see it in action.

Everyone bemoaning the new suit, let's all remember the case of the BatPod from The Dark Knight. We all saw footage of it, and a bunch of people cried and screamed about how Nolan was going all Schumacher on us and just adding vehicle after vehicle, despite the fact that to put new R&D in on something like that would be the easiest way for Batman's identity to be known. The the movie comes out, and lo and behold, the BatPod was an Escape POD for the Tumbler...making perfect sense in context.

...this suit may yet make more sense when seen in context. Like I said earlier, they may ever try to make it appear that this is a wetsuit that he has modified, or something else.

But even if they don't, I actually prefer it without the belt. I think it make him look sleeker and emphasizes he already diminutive stature.

Your mileage may vary.

-Nick

Dunno what you're talking about: I loved the BatPod from the moment I layed eyes on it:love

Except for the way the belt *doesn't* wrap around... I think this is a healthy new direction for Spidey. Can't wait!

What if the lack of a "belt" is for one reason, i.e., he actually has a functional belt that carries web fluid and such that was either ripped off in battle or he just took it off? You can sort of see that the area where the belt would be seems to be a different color. Who knows. Just a thought, my mind is insane with ideas right now

While I don't dislike this new suit, I think the Tobey suit is a tough one to beat. This one feels a little busy in comparison.

I know this comparison is a fan made suit compared to an original, but at least it gives you an idea of what the old looks like compared to the new.

attachment.php

my guess and its only a guess is because Toby didnt want to do it and also down to spidey 3 being bloody awful. i realy hope they ,ake the suit look something beleivably made too. loved the last suit but would be great to see an alex ross type suit and have mechanical web shooters too.

My understanding is that in addition to the reason/guess above, Sony decided that it would be significantly cheaper to reboot the franchise with a cast of unknowns and a relatively unknown director. Raimi and Maguire are expensive and if the reboot is as big a turkey as Spider-Man 3 was, at least they'll have lost less dough on it.

i like the way the red and blue intersects on the suit but the texture just makes it look cheap, i really think the guys here on the rpf could have done a lot better than this film version.... but then it might look better on screen than in a still i will wait and see, but for now i dont really like it.

Where's his "belt" ???
Looks like he's wearing the Spidey version of Borat's "unitard". Looks even more difficult to "make at home" than the Raimi version too!

Looks like there is something is protruding from his wrists. Has it been confirmed they're going with non-organic webshooter's this time?

My understanding is that in addition to the reason/guess above, Sony decided that it would be significantly cheaper to reboot the franchise with a cast of unknowns and a relatively unknown director. Raimi and Maguire are expensive and if the reboot is as big a turkey as Spider-Man 3 was, at least they'll have lost less dough on it.

They didn't lose any money on Spiderman 3 by a longshot. It may have been expensive, but it more than made up for that at the box office, even with the lackluster reviews.

Looks like there is something is protruding from his wrists. Has it been confirmed they're going with non-organic webshooter's this time?
It hasn't been confirmed yet, but I would say it's safe to assume that yes, they are going with mechanical webshooters this time around.

it def loooks like the "hex" pattern is raised from the rest of the suit, you can see in the high res pic on his right arm just above the glove the pattern on the blue section has a shine to it which seems to show off its 3d effect, also on the high res pic it looks like the red lines above the end of the glove are running up his arm to meet the red shoulders, it looks like they have thinned out the width of the red on his arms too.

the more i see it the more i want it

It's a big 'meh' for me.

The Spiderman suit is classic, and there is no need to change it for change's sake.

But, that's my opinion, for all it's worth.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back