The Amazing Spiderman (Reboot) Costumes and Wardrobe

Re: Spiderman Reboot Costumes and Wardrobe

Interesting design. Not sure I like it either, but I don't hate it. I'm definitely a bigger fan of the Tobey suit.

This new one reminds me more of the Spiderman 2099 suit than anything from the modern books. Anyone else getting that?

I also concur with the majority on the design, I really think though that this movie still has alot of potential though. I think I will try and undergo this project as soon as I get back from my vaca.

Also I do hope the belt is there too, if not when I do undergo this project Im going to add one lol.

Do you guys think they will keep the classic spidey 1 lenses or go with white big eyes closer to what we see in ultimate spidey?

Also I noticed in the new spidey pic his hair doesnt look as poofy as it did in the other shots. I know people were complaining about it. Maybe they just added some volume to his hair by pushing it up so it looked poofy and long but actually isnt or he might get a hair cut halfway through the movie lol

Last edited:

Definitely no belt:

Looks like a all blue undersuit?

Silk Screened dark blue waffle over the blue:
Red silicone heat pressed/glued on top of that?
Definitely is a cooler solution to the "breaking webs" issue.

Can't tell if it's dye subbed this time around... The suit's got seams between the sections. And the waffle pattern doesn't have the muscle distortion this time around.
Could this one wind up being *easier* than the last suit?

garfieldsuit.jpg

Edited for detail:

5 megabyte file:

I think there is a belt, look round the back of the hips, there is some red material. There is also a seam that follows down towards the crotch area, and about 3 inches above it. Also the bottom of the red part looks like something was glued there.

I hope that i clear but im half asleep lol

I think there is a belt, look round the back of the hips, there is some red material. There is also a seam that follows down towards the crotch area, and about 3 inches above it. Also the bottom of the red part looks like something was glued there.

I hope that i clear but im half asleep lol

Aah sorry, the *standard V* of the belt as we are all used to...

Although do I recall some ultimate spidey-suits followed this design motif?

*edit*
Actually, it looks like the red section fades from blue to black from the waist to the shoulders??

ultimate-spider-man-20050923111631677_640w.jpg

posted for posterity... please give me this costume!!!

*EDIT* As in the mask with the big white eyes!

I'm getting really excited about the fact that I actually own a serger now....

Is anyone else reminded of this?
spidergirl80.jpg

Nope the costume seems to be pointing toward a more longer appearance, not sexy one lol:lol

Im really hoping they go with the white eyes too!!!!

Actually looking at the texture of the suit almost reminds me of the spawn movie. the suit always had that same sheen to it

Also I noticed in the new spidey pic his hair doesnt look as poofy as it did in the other shots. I know people were complaining about it. Maybe they just added some volume to his hair by pushing it up so it looked poofy and long but actually isnt or he might get a hair cut halfway through the movie lol

lol Or he was wearing his mask before this picture was takem

Definitely no belt:

Looks like a all blue undersuit?

Silk Screened dark blue waffle over the blue:
Red silicone heat pressed/glued on top of that?
Definitely is a cooler solution to the "breaking webs" issue.

Can't tell if it's dye subbed this time around... The suit's got seams between the sections. And the waffle pattern doesn't have the muscle distortion this time around.
Could this one wind up being *easier* than the last suit?

garfieldsuit.jpg

Edited for detail:

5 megabyte file:

Hmmm, looks like dyed long johns from LL Bean.

It actually looks like it's based on a wetsuit. (With all of those lines under the honeycomb texture) It's probably not based on any real world wetsuit, but likely inspired by their design elements.

And if, in the story, he makes it from a wetsuit it should finally shut up the "a teenager can't make that costume" crowd. :p

-Nick

Not really liking that design. The mask seems like an afterthought like "hey! We have a couple left over from Spider-man 3! Great! Let's use them!"

Not really liking that design. The mask seems like an afterthought like "hey! We have a couple left over from Spider-man 3! Great! Let's use them!"

They haven't released pics of the mask yet. the one in the earlier pages was a shoop someone did. :confused :confused :confused :confused

Quick and dirty photoshop of the old mask on the new suit..

This photo is such a tease! You can see he's holding his mask in his right hand!

Oops, my bad. I'm browsing on my phone and just saw the low res pic and assumed.

The mask design could salvage this, but not sure what the thinking or design direction was.

They haven't released pics of the mask yet. the one in the earlier pages was a shoop someone did. :confused :confused :confused :confused

I have a guess: The red bits we see extending from his back onto his hips that look like the vestiges of his belt are ACTUALLY the bottom legs of the red spider on his back!

Any thoughts.

Also, I really like this suit. It just seems very functional, yet modern and cool.

-Nick

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back