The Amazing Spiderman (Reboot) Costumes and Wardrobe

Re: Spiderman Reboot Costumes and Wardrobe

ive always thought that a good idea would be that he did have organic webshooters and the mechanical device was to focus the spray into differing forms. a little more beliavable. got high hopes for this movie hopefully will be cool.

hehe, "believable" is such a strange word to use when talking about a Spiderman movie :p but I know what you mean. That was the plan for the Sam Raimi movies until the shooter was ditched at the last second. I wouldn't mind that being the direction they take it. I just want to see Peter show off his scientific genius.

yeah i agree about the science stuff after all parker in the comics (early years) was your achetypal science nerd . i remember seeing a pic of that web shooter design... didnt like it one bit just a strap a few doodads and a pair of buttons on wires.

garfieldspiderman(1).jpg

EDIT: I was just about to post that pic :D I'm not 100% I like the design but it'll definitely stand out in comparison to the Tobey suit.

HIGH RES: http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduct...214/original/SpideyGarfieldBig.jpg?1294949568

Staff Edit: Embedded large photo. Click thumbnail below.
View attachment 42845

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks like it could be rather tricky to make! I look forward to seeing people having a go though :D

What I think is funny is that it's still using the light/dark pattern-within-a-pattern thing that the Tobey suit really started for the super hero movie genre. Spider-Man has come full circle. LOL

Looks like they're using latex over lycra (LoL for short...at least that's what I'm calling it) with either a molded or printed pattern.

You could probably fake it decently with a wide enough screen printing mesh and a heavy plastisol ink...possibly with multiple passes for added build up.

The mask is what will make or break this though. If it's a cool mask, I will immediately begin on a photoshopped digital pattern of the costume. (For possible screen printing) Shouldn't be that difficult as there isn't much variation in the size of the honeycomb pattern.

-Nick

Not to much of a divergent direction from the previous movies

Looks quite cool, in that it looks more practical than the previous movie suit.
It looks to be a heavy leather/rubber type material, that would actually protect you from some scractes and slides across rough material/ground etc.

Feels more like a very limber/athletic style motorcycle suit compared to the spandex payamas we've seen so far...

I understand when taking something from the 4-color world of comic books, detail and textures are added to make things stand out more but I just look at this and think, how the hell did a teenager make this?

But it is a comic book movie, I can't be too critical.

Well it looks more BMX than Superhero so it is probable that a teenager could have dyed materials already in existence to use. More probable really. The waist area has had it's "belt" ripped off, you can see the red staining over the blue portion....

Looks like they are advancing the techniques they used on the symbiote suit, for sure. Which i thought was silicone,not plastisol.

Hmmm not sure I like the suit, or feel that garfield looks the part... but I will keep an open mind on this!

I am, however, looking forward to seeing the amazing talent on this board making a replica of this suit

Damn I'm too late :p lol that's what I get for working this morning. I'm glad we finally have something substantial to discuss in this thread. Like some of you I do not know how to feel about it just yet. While I was hoping for a more "simple" design (one a teen could make/buy easily), I do feel as though I will warm up to this new design very quickly once we see it in action. Hopefully we get to see the mask soon, that might make it or break it for me. We shall see!

I hate this costume design... I love the color and the texture but why couldn't they keep the classic cut/shape to the red and blue segments... I was diggin' everything on this project up until that picture... I should have known this after hearing about it but to see it... oi...

I have to agree with b89. I like the color and how the texture comes through, but the basic lines of the design seem lost. The web design doesn't pop as much anymore. I hope the belt is there eventually because else it kinda looks like a big arrow pointed at his crotch.

It kinda looks like he made it out of basketballs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back