"Ready Room Scale" Stargazer parts ID and build

20170610_082659.jpg Just a little update to my build.

Back on the wagon, trying to finish this for Wonderfest! (Anyone here attending?)

My most recent task was to recreate the detail highlighted in red below.

0.jpg

It doesn’t appear on the ready room model, but my build is a hybrid of it and the filming miniature, so I began cutting …

1.jpg

... bending ...

2.jpg

... clamping ...

3.jpg

... gluing ...

4.jpg

... and assembling.

5.jpg

There was a little bloodletting in there too, but I won’t show you those pictures; they ain’t pretty.

Last edited:
Today I invaded a friend's better-equipped shop for a pressing task.

27291173067_7e390353d8_c.jpg

These rods go straight through the aluminum support and into the necks, making them (more or less) rock solid. As you can see, there's some play. Like many men, I need bigger rods.

28290193268_4a713068e8_c.jpg

Finally, we started CNCing the base, a loose replica of the "strategema" board from the episode in question.

27291172917_78937aeda1_c.jpg

I like the fact that the original prop still exists! Wish the photos they took were just a little clearer, but I think I can figure out what I need from them. Still not sure about the two small domes on the underside of the main hull near the front. :)

I like where you are going with your build, Prof. It's really coming along nicely!

An inexcusably bad photograph, but at the very least it proves I've cut, sanded, and glued all the little fiddly bits that belong on top of the saucer. It's taken me three damn days. Primer tomorrow, Scout's honor.

28311175438_c1fa7bb15c_c.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back