"Ready Room Scale" Stargazer parts ID and build

Just an FYI but the tripod tank is up for sale on fleabay. Just do a search with "dark nebula tank" and you'll find it.

Dunno if anyone's touched on this, but I've found what appears to be the right tank tread for those going after the ready-room look. Just get yourself the Revell M48 A2GA2 1:72 scale tank and you're good to go. The treads are solid plastic, not rubber, and there are separate links for the back piece between the impulse engines.

boxtop_revell4.jpg

Also, if anyone's looking to buy the Valkyrie parts, from what I've seen, if it's from ARII, they're all from the same mould, so if you can't find the "Max Type", you're still good with any other version, not sure about the gerwalk or flight versions tho.

On another note, does anyone have any clues on what's on the back tips of the warp nacelles? I've looked at all my kits and I don't see anything that looks like it would go there. From what I've seen, it looks like some sort of short tube with a square that has two tiny little hinges pointing out.

Sorry for the radio silence, guys. Still looking for someone to mold and cast these parts. I don't have a vacuum chamber or pressure pot, and I want this done right.

Oh, and thanks, bwize!

Haven't seen anything about this, but since I'm making the ready-room version, I thought I'd see what the decal situation is like.

Turns out, most of the decals are from the Orguss kit. Here's a shot of the decal sheet with the ones used in red boxes:
stargazerdecals.jpg

Haven't been able to figure out where the decals on the impulse engines are from. I believe someone already mentioned that the Federation decals are from the ST:IV kit (apparently, the only kit with the golden "flying" federation logo).

Some of those decals I know are from a 1/100 Arii Macross Valkyrie (more than likely a Battroid). I just haven't quite pinned down which version as there are four or five different kits and each one has a little different set of markings. You also need to use the Trek IV version of the Enterprise to get the proper yellow Starfleet insignias (the Trek V and VI kits use a white arrowhead). A Trek III version could also work I suppose, but chances are it was a IV kit since those were the most plentiful when the art department started work on the Ready Room model.

The decals that are on the impulse engines are from a VF-1A Valkyrie (single red dot in black square and red brackets).

Hi guys! Just want to let you all know I have my stuff out of Michigan storage and back here in Pennsylvania. Has interest in this thread died or has it moved to another thread? I would love to have a couple of Xabungles if you are still interested in having them cast.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back