"Ready Room Scale" Stargazer parts ID and build

I'm aiming for a mix myself and don't intend on painting it yellow. I have files of the top and bottom of the Stargazer hull suitable for laser cutting in acrylic. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them along. Now that we've identified all the parts on the lateral warp pylons and I can gauge the dimensions accurately, I'll create artwork for those, as well.

I would like to mention that the 1/48th scale Orguss Orgroid Flyer and Tank do contain the same parts as in the 1/48th scale Orguss Gerwalk. I have both of those kits and they have the same parts.

I wound up with an Orguss Orgroid, but I might have overpaid a couple dollars for that particular version. Hopefully the decal sheets are all the same, a lot of them used on the stage model that were translated to detail on the studio version.

I'm pouring some molds soon for another project so let me see if I can find a simple way to copy the crusher joe cannon if you need.

I remember that scene in Generations. Wasn't it the Kerlin Nesgar? I'm sure I just butchered the spelling. Picard acts like a schoolboy when his old prof suprised him for a visit, and he practically chucks the thing into a pile or wreckage at the end. Lol. That ain't the only thing wrong with that film.

If you are going to cast up these piece once you have them all, I'd be very interested in a set!

Hi Prof...I was wondering if you had any updates of your build? I was in the hospital much of November and early December with a collapsed lung, so no internet while in there. Hope to hear of something soon.

Yikes! I hope you're much improved, stevielewis. No updates on the 'gazer front yet. I'm still looking for another laser-cutting service.

Last edited:
Hi ProfKSergeev. Thank you for the get well wishes. I'm doing much better since I wrote my first post after returning from the hospital. If you post anything on your build, you know that I'll be waiting to read up on it. Good luck finding another laser-cutting service. :thumbsup Hopefully after I'm able to do some building on my stargazer build like yours and Nighteyes, I'll be able to post some pics for you all to see.

Re: "Ready Room Scale" Stargazer parts ID and build

12298709473_c4bdd88fcf_o.jpg

12299118656_a05a56c122_b.jpg

12298972464_0676e983e4_b.jpg

12299118776_21f96591b3_b.jpg

Project Deep Dish continues. Here's the dorsal. The saucer just drops in here. You can also see where a square ABS tube will be inserted to act as a sleeve for the aluminum bar mount. This model's built like a brick sh*thouse because I plan on displaying her vertically and want her to last.

12338403264_c8a2c69e56_o.jpg

Last edited:
It's beautiful! It's not just a model but great engineering too. When we discuss specifics of a contract at work we call it a Deep Dive. Carry on with your Deep Dish Deep Dive, and make it so.

Can I save you some time on the bottom? I still can't find the deformed version for the ready-room yellow 'gazer but it's Xabungle. Didn't Jein kit ash from a Xabungle model kit for the studio version? I have to figure out what kind of rubber he is before he goes in rubber.

Nice find, TheRealMcFly! Yeah, I'd love a copy if it's moldable. There are a couple of "upgrades" I have in mind for this build that I should send your way.

I may just reach for gelatin and plaster. Do you need the whole thing or just the front? I was surprised the size was so good for our purposes.

Was just admiring how you really nailed the transition from B/C deck to saucer bottom. Smooth radius just like the ready room model, gorgeous. I know you're going for star fleet colors but with an armature like that... light it up!

TheRealMcFly: Just the front should be perfect. The size is spot on. Crazy.

Thanks for the kind words! Definitely going Starfleet grey (plus battle-scars), but I'm on the fence when it comes to lights. So tempting ...

Last edited:
Since we're talking about gashapon toys I guess there really should be no surprise. They're all made to fit inside the capsules!

The figure cleaned up great and it is my hope the seller will find the other version in time. I owe you a PM, Prof but I'll get cracking on a quick clay-up if you don't mind a one-part front facing copy out of an easy dump mold.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back