"Ready Room Scale" Stargazer parts ID and build

Just to let you and Nighteyes know, I have identified the parts on the warp nacelle crossovers, that you have colored in hot pink on the partsmap and numbered 4 with a question mark....they come from the Guramu-zan 1/2600 Aoshima Space Runaway IDEON Series. I was surfing thru eBay and found it, bought it. Should have the kit in a couple weeks as its coming from Japan. :):thumbsup

All we need is one and some resin casting supplies... Even hen's teeth can be replicated (but I am not holding the chicken down to do that). :D

Thats me who posted at the bottom of that photo on flickr. I never did hear back from the guy who owns that one.

I've been combing ebay for vintage SD Gashapon, SD xabungle Bandai... and other combinations... nothing at all yet. I'd really like to put one on the bottom of my model. I know you guys are building starfleet respectable versions but if xabungle layed flatter on the hull it would still be an cool detail. Mech>Captain's Yacht, right?

Now THAT would make for a cool kitbash, a larger scale captain's yacht based on a Xubungle. ;)

As boxy as the thing is, I don't think it would be impossible to scratchbuild or modify something else (Greg Jein was successful in replicating the shapes on his larger model). I know a lot of us are striving to do 100% accurate replicas with provinance. But sometimes you have to compromise. Since it is on the bottom of the model, it won't be seen all that often anyway.

You know my friends still roll their eyes at me when I mention my idea for a young Picard series. Imagine Picard as first officer, inlcude the death of Wesley's dad... eventually transistioning to Captain of the Stargazer. A great way to reuse the fan favorite maroon uniforms and old props. Hey JM, I now consider your custom mech captains yacht as part of my imaginary series, and its not yellow.

Nighteyes...your idea for a book series based on a young Picard on the Stargazer....has already been done....starting back in the early 2000's. There are 7 or 8 books in the series. I have them all. Bought them on the Bay. Very enjoyable reading as well.

How old is that Capsule Toy you guys are looking for? I have a couple of Japanese friends looking for one in Tokyo and Osaka. And if you need Gashapon bottoms, I have saved tons - let me know what diameter you need...

Wow! Thanks! The capsule toy has to date from between 1982 to 1987 and is a Blue Gale Xabungle. Check this post for the clearest picture I could find. The offending toy is on the far right.

As for the Gashapon bottoms, I'll post some dims here ASAP. Thanks again!

According to the Super Deformed wiki, the SD gashapon series began in 1985 first offered by Bandai. I also tried using the name of the first series as keywords in searching, Super Robot Wars. Then again my fruitless search may be that way because I'm using the wrong keywords all together.

Might be smaller than the ones I have saved, but I will take a look this weekend. A lot of the ones I have feature three "vent holes" on the bottom half, but I did hoard some from Tokyu Hands that are uninterrupted clear plastic...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back