"Ready Room Scale" Stargazer parts ID and build

I wouldn't say interest has necessarily "died" per se, maybe just gone into hybernation. I personally have been working on some other projects, but I have still been collecting some Stargazer bits here and there. Last year at Wonderfest, I was also able to get my grubby paws on a Sci Fi Spaceship Miniatures Constellation class vaccuform kit. While I know it is based more on Greg Jein's studio model than the Ready Room model, I got it for help with how some of the elements fit together. Plus, it will likely end up being a 3D blueprint for my ultimate dream project, which is a Constellation/Stargazer in 1/350 using the Polar Lights Enterprise refit kits (of which I have two in storage).

I picked the vaccuform kit a little while ago too. Never built on before. Should've fun once I get to it.

Like you said, it'll be s good primer before tackling the real deal scratch built version one day.

I would be interested in a few of these as well (2). Do we know what the cost will be on this go round? Thanks.

-emojo5/Ed

Got the Xabungle back from the caster, so I'm free to butcher him, which I did!

27546809660_abc474b3fb_c.jpg

I wasn't content simply to glue a whole robot onto the underside of my model, so I chopped and channeled the pieces and added a few more from the other donors. This is a little closer, if only in spirit, to how Greg Jein detailed this area on the shooting miniature.

Fortunately, no. The head and chest both split in the middle, so all I had to do was glue them down. Some minor surgery was performed on the legs, however.

Last edited:
Stargazer pics 1002.JPG Stargazer pics 1005.JPG Stargazer pics 1006.JPG

Hi all...I forgot to post these here...these pics are the latest mock up I have using the XaBungle Robot man with the parts that go on the feet. Also, I am using the round blisters from the vacu-form Stargazer kit. Although not accurate, they are the best thing out there until these parts can be identified.

USS Stargazer underside yellow.jpg

Found this picture online today, of the underside of the yellow model in Picard's Ready Room on the Enterprise D. The pink arrows point to the parts used from the Orguss Flyer, which we have already identified. What is nice about this pic is that it shows the bow of the underside, especially the two round blisters, as well as what is in front of the tri-angular part from the Guarma-Zan kit stand. Unfortunately this is the largest size of this pic so identifying these parts are going to take someone with excellent eyesight. Good luck!

I just found this pic on Rick Sternbach's Facebook page, so Rick gets credit for posting it originally. Thanks Rick.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that, stevie. I asked Rick if he had it in a higher resolution and he said if he finds the original photo he'll re-scan it. Keep your nacelles crossed!

More info is great! Now, I wonder what those small blisters are from near the bow? Hoping Mr. Sternbach can find the original and scan it.

I hope he can find a higher resolution pic. That would really help with identifying these parts.

That would really be helpful if the EMA/Plastruct domes are what we need.

Here's a wild idea about the round blisters...anyone have a 1/144th scale Saturn 5 rocket model? See how the first and second stage tank domes look as a possibility. That's the impression I get for those round blisters.

Well spotted, stevie! But I'm a bit confused: where exactly do these parts go? Would you mind circling the area in an image? Maybe I'm just extra dense today ...

On the picture I posted July 27th of the yellow Constellation model, it shows the front of the Ready Room model, not totally clear, but you can make out what is there. Click on the pic for a larger version. Once open, look to the large front shuttle bay. On either side, what look to be dark spots are the shadows cast by these parts, with what almost look like "U" shaped or horseshoe type parts that I can't figure out. I checked the two "thumb" parts on my built Stargazer model and they pretty much match what can be seen in the photo of the yellow model. I hope that helps you find them now in the picture. I'll see what I can do with circling the parts and posting here.

constellation-yellow20.jpg

The two parts are circled in black. Again, click on the pic for a larger version.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back