Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Thanks for the confirmation Stu:thumbsup, think it'll be a case of modifying the part I have, an expensive kit to get hold of just for that piece!

Anyone know the donor kit origin of this piece in Jay Machado's Greeble Crawl video?
Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 10.51.44 AM.png

I'm hoping it's a missing piece from the Bandai PG Falcon on the underside.
Missing greeblie lower hull 4.jpgMissing greeblie lower hull 3.jpg

Yeah, I found some pretty good scans. It's always so aggravating to find a set of part scans that are illegibly small! Like, if you're going to all that trouble to scan the damn things and post em... :)

So that just leaves around 3 medium-sized unknowns on my diagram.

The top part circled should be McLaren & the lower circled part is not Lotus 49.

Attachments

• 1540164514917.jpg
    1540164514917.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 309
Anyone know the donor kit origin of this piece in Jay Machado's Greeble Crawl video?
View attachment 848733

I'm hoping it's a missing piece from the Bandai PG Falcon on the underside.
View attachment 848734View attachment 848735

Hey Hunk A! That part from the crawl is on the dish, I have it listed as being from the Airfix 1:24 Harrier. Here's a closer image.
rpfreply1.jpg
Not sure what your mystery piece could be but this is the best shot I have of it. Looks like it COULD be that part but I can't say for sure!
rpfreply2.jpg

Hey Hunk A! That part from the crawl is on the dish, I have it listed as being from the Airfix 1:24 Harrier. Here's a closer image.
View attachment 850108
Not sure what your mystery piece could be but this is the best shot I have of it. Looks like it COULD be that part but I can't say for sure!
View attachment 850109

Thanks so much, jaysethan! It definitely looks the closest of the known pieces I've seen. I'll look for the Harrier sprues and see if that gives a better look.

I think at this point, replacing the missing piece with something that looks like a verified donor kit part -- even if it's not 100% certain it is the right part -- is as close as I'm going to get. That area of the 5-footer doesn't exist any more (because of the TESB gear box modifications) and I doubt even the original ILM modelmakers would know where they found such a small piece. Unless I get lucky with the Harrier sprues, I'll scratch up something similar and call it a day.

Thanks again for the help!

The top part circled should be McLaren & the lower circled part is not Lotus 49.

Cool, thanks! Do you mean the white L-shaped piece should be this McLaren component?

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 11.57.50.png

As for the other part, this Lotus 49 piece looked like it was right to me. Do you have another part that fits better?

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 12.01.51.png

Thanks. :)

Fantastic! Thanks to both of you. I can't find a decent scan of the Hummel sprues, and couldn't see that part on the low-rez scans I was able to find...

Also, while you’re here, any chance you could tell me:

- what the red part is.

- if the blue part is from the JPS or the McLaren? I’m guessing it’s a McLaren part based on size.

- what the orientation is of the Kettenkrad pipe below.

also if you have any insight into the opposite lower pit that’d be fantastic. Thanks! :)

pit.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 10.30.44.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-24 at 10.29.34.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back