Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Found this part from the Tamiya 1/35th Panther Ausf A, which sits right behind the Bandai 1/24th M60A1 & under the Bandai 1/48th 8-Ton. Same for both sides.
Also, the part highlighted in red is from the Bandai 1/48th Hetzer, same both sides.

Does anyone know what kit the part highlighted in green comes from, it's bugging the heck out of me:angry

Stu

Here's a couple of larger images of the part you're looking for, Stu. To my untrained eye it looks like one half of an inline aircraft engine with part of the mount, the other half being on the opposite side.

What scale then would that make it? 1/72 or smaller?

Falconreardeckpart.jpg

Falconreardeckparta.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I'd share how I started to set up the radar dish as it's kind of a tricky area. This is how I interpret it, so I'm open to thoughts if someone sees it differently, haha! Here I have two parts from the 1/15 StuG and a cone from the Saturn V. Notice you can see a lip from the edge of the StuG piece, which wouldn't be present if it was trimmed any other way, I think. Glued together and sanded flush to the rocket cone.

attachment.php

It's a lot of work for an area that you don't even notice. Going further down to the base, you'll need a bunch of parts from the Hummel, StuG, Harrier and Handley Page.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I was looking at a larger image of the radar dish, similar to yours Tsophika, and to me it appears that the lip looks more like an undercut. Thoughts?

P6130165_JPG-1.jpg

Last edited:
Erm... yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Right on. :lol
IMO that shows that the StuG sits on the base of the cone.

Hey, did that part ever reach you yet?

Several hours and 47 pages later, I got to this point. I really don't have anything to contribute to this thread other than, WOW!!! Absolutely fantastic stuff. I myself will probably never build a studio scale Falcon, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the work done by those who do.

I will be keeping any eye on this one.

Craig- nice work on the radar mate, another tricky assembly to get looking right!.
That mystery part looks to me like an ejection seat cushion, possibly 1/48th?. Maybe just a normal aircraft seat cushion too. Only aircraft in 1/48th I can think of as donors so far are the Bandai civil aircraft which I don't have to confirm.

Found this part recently, it's from the Aurora 1/48th Sherman M4A3E8, been hunting this one for ages. Turret ring on top is from the Tamiya 8-Rad.
Stu

First off, I wish I had the marbles to tackle this monster! I applaud all the years of work and have enjoyed coming back every now and then to see what new parts have been found. I'm always on the lookout for other possible kits used on other ANH models that I don't know about.

Anyway, I was looking at the first map and realized I recognized a few parts. Sorry if this is old news....I got to page 33 and got tired of reading so I'm not sure if it's been posted already.

Joe

MF016_11_waist_port_fwd-copy-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there guys, long time no see!

I was watching again the SAG DVD last week and realized that the top pic of the 5 Footer that appears in the DVD is not the same one as the one in the Chronicles book :eek :eek.
I do not know if everyone here knew, but is cool to know that we may still came across some new reference of the Falcon!
It would be very nice to have this pic in hi reso, but this is the best I could do, here is the cap:

As you can see this pic has less shadow and you can clearly see the edge of the cockpit and the gun port is there.
Here are some more interesting pics of the Falcon taken from the SAG DVD:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.ushttp://imageshack.us

Very bests:
Rod

Here's a couple of larger images of the part you're looking for, Stu. To my untrained eye it looks like one half of an inline aircraft engine with part of the mount, the other half being on the opposite side.

What scale then would that make it? 1/72 or smaller?

Falconreardeckpart.jpg

Falconreardeckparta.jpg

I think that it is indeed a 1/72 inline engine kit part, from the old 1/72 Ju-88 A4 kit from Revell.

DSC00797.jpg

(photo used for illustration purposes only. Credits to Rogerio Nichele: http://www.plastimodelismo.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2695 )

Thanks for all the great work!

G_Mendes

Last edited:
Hi there guys, long time no see!

I was watching again the SAG DVD last week and realized that the top pic of the 5 Footer that appears in the DVD is not the same one as the one in the Chronicles book :eek :eek.
I do not know if everyone here knew, but is cool to know that we may still came across some new reference of the Falcon!
It would be very nice to have this pic in hi reso, but this is the best I could do, here is the cap:

As you can see this pic has less shadow and you can clearly see the edge of the cockpit and the gun port is there.
Here are some more interesting pics of the Falcon taken from the SAG DVD:

Very bests:
Rod

Heya Rod,

Many thanks for the pics mate, that top view is priceless, especially for the clarity of the cockpit & a complete top turret. Yeah a hi-rez pic would of been better, but terrific just the same!.
Seems to be taken at more of a direct top above shot too which possibly blown up would give us a better idea of hull diameter measures.
Love that engine deck closeup as well, seen some better detail in there than other pics.
Stu

I think that it is indeed a 1/72 inline engine kit part, from the old 1/72 Ju-88 A4 kit from Revell.

DSC00797.jpg

(photo used for illustration purposes only. Credits to Rogerio Nichele:

Goncalo, wow, many, many thanks for posting this find, been driving me nuts to ID this part/s. I can't thankyou enough.:)
A big welcome to the RPF & the SS forum.
Stu

Oh, forgot to add in a few more ID's for the underside cockpit.
There's obviously the Bandai 1/48th King Tiger parts there too which aren't highlighted.
Stu

Hi all! Amazing mapping work you are doing! Excuse me for my ignorance but, this map is for the 5' MF, correct?
Is there a map for the 32" model?
Thanks!
Sean

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back