Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

It was probably restored for TESB as the Saratoga was used on TESB stuff and knowing it has been OOP for a long time (Revell released a new Saratoga in the early 80's), I doubt it's a recent fix. Now all depends if you're going for the 3 or 5 landing gear configuration ! :D

Do you have pics of the kit? Perhaps parts may lie in other areas as well.

Do you have pics of the kit? Perhaps parts may lie in other areas as well.

Unfortunatly, every parts were loose in bag and in the box (the plastic is so brittle) and Ive already used many parts and I probably lost several ones as well, plus everything is in boxes right now so I wont be able to dive into the kit before one month or so :(

I think the part used was originally from the Bandai 1/24 Panther G. Both prongs use engine block detail from the Panther ( which also appears in the 1/24 King Tiger) the part on the left here is used on the Starboard side and I'd lay good money the companion piece was used on the port side. What do you think?

Prong_detail.jpg

I've already checked. The port side mandible does not match.

Hi,

waistband area parts :

rfuqrvqrev.jpg

1 : kettengrad Revell
2 : mazda rotary engine entex
3 / 4 / 5 / 6 : F1 1/12
7 : harrow locomotive

yupoyup.jpg

A : Mathilda
B : King Tiger Turret

Hi Folks,

Just picked up that Tamiya Mokei King Tiger. Got it for $25 compared to the $159 the last one went for. Ebay, eh? :)

Once I get it through I'll post sprue pics and use it to update the part maps. Got a couple of other kits I'm looking to get which may have some other parts so I'll wait to see what they bring forth before issuing any updates.

Cheers
Nick

Hi Folks,

Just picked up that Tamiya Mokei King Tiger. Got it for $25 compared to the $159 the last one went for. Ebay, eh? :)

Once I get it through I'll post sprue pics and use it to update the part maps. Got a couple of other kits I'm looking to get which may have some other parts so I'll wait to see what they bring forth before issuing any updates.

Cheers
Nick

Nice score Nick !! I told you it was not that rare ;)
So is that the right kit ?? Cant wait to see pics of the sprues !

I sure hope so. I think you were on the right track when you mentioned it, and from what I've seen of the turret top it does look like the right one. Lets hope it has a few other goodies to share.

N

I really hope it's the right kit Nick, and yeah hopefully it'll give some more parts (for the 5 footer or maybe for other ANH stuff ! :)).

That could read: 75mm pak 40. People will have a lot easier time finding it with that designation. Unless someone on ebay puts exactly what's written on the box top. Just trying to help :)

It's interesting that Richard found that part 13 and 14 on sprue A look exactly like a part on the ROTJ at-st thigh. I had though they were part of the ESB at-st thigh part at first. I noticed he used the part on his republic star destroyer scratch build.

That's cool that you've scanned some new kits over on RI. Love your builds mensaboy!

Last edited:

Hazy memory I guess. Looks like I'm wrong there. Of the two it seemed more like the ROTJ part.

I just looked at it again and noticed it's too small on the at-st part. Strike one.

From what I've seen posted, the legs of the ROTJ at-st were scratched and not kit parts. Strike two.

Here's what Richard sent when I enquired about the origin of that part. Proportionally the part is much bigger on the ESB at-st. Strike three.

Thanks Scott !
Ok we were not speaking about the same ROTJ AT-ST...
I dont know exactly how big the pyro of this pic is but it could be the part ! They used some kitparts on the big pyros so that could be possible. :)

Thanks again and sorry to hijack the thread !

Well, then I guess it could be if it's the large one. Didn't realize that from the pic.

Thanks Franck. I wish my stuff wasn't all in storage. I have that kit and could do with just rummaging through it to spot these things. I've got a few parts to update on that map. Plus got a load more bits updated on the Docking ring map. Will post up soon.

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick,

MF004 - 7 : Tamiya 1/35 M10 Tank Destroyer
MF005 - 12 : Bandai 1/48 Hetzer

And below bracket...Although I have the part, I don't remember this part exactly....probably 312B or Marlboro M23.

thanks Eric.
MF005a_nose_section_query.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back