Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Hi there,

Welcome aboard. I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick on this one I'm afraid. The images I posted are of the original filming model, not anything I have made myself ( I wish). That's the drive behind this thread, to identify what kit parts were used by the ILM modelmakers in order to help define accurate dimensions etc.

The original model hull was made from acrylic domes mounted onto a wooden core. Quite an unusual approach from the typical vertical bulkhead profiles usually done. If you lurk around here for a while I'm sure you will glean some useful information to help you and your father out.

Cheers
Nick

QUOTE=achilles266;1512772]Hello

My Father and I are huge star wars fans and are considering building this model for something of this scale how did you make the main body structure as we are looking for ideas of how to do ours great work by the way it looks amazing

Kindest Regards[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info on this old KT kit Julien. I can see from the images that the turret has that small box detail as part of it, which I had assumed was a separate detail and had marked in yellow. So two for one. I also think it could provide the orange section of hull I've noted in the partmap as being a possible Panther tank.

If anybody has this and would be game to cast that would be cool? - I'll start hitting Ebay in the meantime!

Nick

Thanks for the info ill have a look around and see what I can contribute to this project

Thanks

Hi there,

Welcome aboard. I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick on this one I'm afraid. The images I posted are of the original filming model, not anything I have made myself ( I wish). That's the drive behind this thread, to identify what kit parts were used by the ILM modelmakers in order to help define accurate dimensions etc.

The original model hull was made from acrylic domes mounted onto a wooden core. Quite an unusual approach from the typical vertical bulkhead profiles usually done. If you lurk around here for a while I'm sure you will glean some useful information to help you and your father out.

Cheers
Nick

QUOTE=achilles266;1512772]Hello

My Father and I are huge star wars fans and are considering building this model for something of this scale how did you make the main body structure as we are looking for ideas of how to do ours great work by the way it looks amazing

Kindest Regards
[/QUOTE]

Okay. Fixed now. But I think some of the photos have been removed though. I saved them so I may repost them when time allows.

I've got a lead on that old Tamiya KT we need. I'm going to try and get it, but with the provisio that I'll do casts as required, so we don't all need to start bidding each other out of existence!

Nick

I think there were several ones on eBay this past week ? That doesnt look to be a very rare kit though !

Good luck, and please post pics of the sprues once you got it !

Oh ok, that takes some pressure off then, and hopefully will keep the price down a bit too!

Yes, will def post sprue pics if I get it

Thanks again for ID'ing this one Julien.

Nick

I think there were several ones on eBay this past week ? That doesnt look to be a very rare kit though !

Good luck, and please post pics of the sprues once you got it !

So much for that plan then. Just got out bid...again! :angry Will keep my eyes peeled for another one.

N

I'm sorry Nick for the Tiger II... I hope you'll win one soon !

I have a good news though !

While I was packing up all my kits for my upcoming move and cleaning the room, I found a bag of loosen parts behind the bench !

And look what Ive found inside it :

5mfsaratoga2.jpg

5mfsaratoga.jpg

MF007_Port_mandible_insidecopy.jpg

I can now confirm it's from the Revell Saratoga, the very vintage issue, not the retooled one.

Hey thanks Julien, great find. I'll do a revision on these maps soon to update with what we've got so far.

Hope the move goes ok.

Cheers
Nick

Hi,
I'm Franck, I'm french, my english is very bad...:lol and I released a big falcon studio size :

Connexion

HPIM2187.jpg

I would like remake another falcon soon and thanks for this thread:love.

For my first post here, this parts :

CopiedeMF002_engine_centre_detailscopy.jpg

P51D mustang 1/24 Airfix

P51Dmustang.jpg

Hi Franck,

Welcome! and thanks for the ID. At least I have that kit in storage already. Nice work on the Falcon. Is that in scale with the 32" ?

I'll update the current maps and start on some new ones soon. Think I'll concentrate on the waistband area next. Got quite alot of those ID'd already.

Cheers
Nick

Thanks Nick. My Falcon scale is 1/32 (24?) : 1m20 / 1m00 / 14kg...:cool And I made this for one year (2008-2009)... But it's sold...

And I want to build another:love. I have some kits for the ANH (Mazda rotary engine, Fi, SDKFZ 232, King tiger, etc.), and I search too the other ID. I knew some ID identified here, and your job is a precious help here, I found the P51D mustang:), but I've not other:).
:cheers

While I was packing up all my kits for my upcoming move and cleaning the room, I found a bag of loosen parts behind the bench !

5mfsaratoga2.jpg

5mfsaratoga.jpg

I can now confirm it's from the Revell Saratoga, the very vintage issue, not the retooled one.

Hey Julien, awesome find mate, always wondered what that part was!.
Can you tell me what scale this kit is, I'm picking 1/542 ish?.
Stu

Hey Julien, awesome find mate, always wondered what that part was!.
Can you tell me what scale this kit is, I'm picking 1/542 ish?.
Stu

There is no scale on the box (that's more box scaled lol), but yeah it's more or less the same size than the Midway, so 1/542 sounds good !

5mfsaratoga2.jpg

5mfsaratoga.jpg

Great find indeed Monsieur!

However, I believe that part was part of the restoration.
Here is a pic taken from ILM:
394800104.jpg

A more recent pic:
394800213.jpg

Last edited:

Hey, well spotted Whiskey. Having tried to find the vintage Revell Saratoga I've found that its another very rare & expensive kit so if we don't need it then that may be a help. Just got to try and nail the original piece now and hope it isn't similarly awkward to track down...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back