Star wars sequel saved for future

Special Editions no doubt... either the '97, '04 or the brand spanking new BR made version with all new effects and with Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks added.

They should refuse outright if Lucas sends the SE crap. Let him know it's not worth their time. But I guess they won't.

It should be a rule that it has to be the original editions of the films. Wait they put Jar jar in a new edition? o_O

Pretty good for a movie with no ending and a little soft core incest.

(and before you ask, my daughter asked me why Luke was kissing his sister.)

Pretty good for a movie with no ending and a little soft core incest.

(and before you ask, my daughter asked me why Luke was kissing his sister.)

Actually, it was Luke´s sister kissing him :sick Yeah, that wouldn´t have been necessary, I guess, something more subtle would have been wayyy enough.

And who says that good ol´ Georgieboy won´t sneak into that vault every now and then and exchange the movie they store?

I liked the ones he did in the 90s that was just some added stuff like some more critters and improved ships but after that i lost interest.

I thought the unadulterated originals were lost forever and the closest we could get now is the LD rips?

Lucasfilm said:
The negatives of the movies were permanently altered for the creation of the Special Editions, and existing prints of the first versions are in poor condition.

So the closest we could hope for would be the LD rips, but realistically I doubt that will ever happen, sadly.

I thought the unadulterated originals were lost forever...

I don't buy that line from LFL. How does Lucas try get fan boys to move on from a whiny campaign? BS that the original is gone. Lucas has a sincere interest in the original material. I just think he hacked it to get back at Marcia.

Unfortunately for me, the first time I saw the original Star Wars Trilogy was in 1997 when they released the Special Edition. Some of the edits like the removal of the blob underneath the landspeeder I thought were fairly justified...but stuff like the CGI Jabba and CGI Battle of Yavin was distracting.

I got the Original Trilogy DVDs a couple of years back and I thought the original miniature sequences were superior.

I thought the blob under the speeder made it look more realistic, as well as the crackling, vibrating look to the lightsaber blades - hell, they looked like they would overload at any second and were actually dangerous, compared to the fluorescent light tubes of the PT.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back