ANH OB1 lightsaber.

Pretty cool. There's no shot confirming the cap as far as I know so any of them could be correct.
The cap I use on my build actually has a black ring and is not blue or red, not something I've seen before which I felt made it quite unique.

The cap I use on my build actually has a black ring and is not blue or red, not something I've seen before which I felt made it quite unique.

I think those are more prevalent on the gold versions of the handwheels. I suppose it's more of an aesthetic thing, so the red and blue don't clash with the gold...

Picture for reference!

Gold one as well as the bath tub versions. I also threw in some old product pictures I came across a while back.

Attachments

• AS Handwheels 5.jpg
    AS Handwheels 5.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 126
  • AS Handwheels.jpg
    AS Handwheels.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 125
  • AS Handwheels2.jpg
    AS Handwheels2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 165
  • AS Handwheels3.jpg
    AS Handwheels3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 123
  • AS Handwheels4.jpg
    AS Handwheels4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Hi!
I really love all the work that is being done here :)

But I was just wondering, Do you fellas actually search/collect the vintage items, or du you know of anyone who makes replicas?
The Peaces are really hard to find...?
Grateful for advice, since I want to try to build my own ANH saber hilt...

Br Gunlis

But I was just wondering, Do you fellas actually search/collect the vintage items, or du you know of anyone who makes replicas?
The Peaces are really hard to find...?
Grateful for advice, since I want to try to build my own ANH saber hilt...

If you want a replica saber, try Roman's Empire for parts. He's a member here and offers parts for the Obi build.

Yes, you can also choose between a static or fx version. Someone is also making a 2nd run on the reveal crystal chamber for Roman Empire's Obi wan ANH saber.

I wish Roman had some info on reliable people for the fx part since he doesn't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Roman had some info on reliable people for the fx part since he doesn't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottJUA does commissions. I know there are others on here who do, but I can't think of their names off the top of my head. Check over on Imperial Royal Arms and FX-Sabers. There are a bunch of people over there that can help.

It makes a long time since I last updated this thread so here are some news.
I started drawing the inner parts, for a fully functionnal inner chassis, featuring fully hidden electronics, breakable and assemblable out of the saber frame.
It will include self charging energy cell, crystal chamber with settable fins and focusing lens, and motorised cyclic filed with rotating gravity channel.
I will also design the inner parts of the emitter, so it will be possible to use as a collet chuck, like I designed it back in 2013
For now here is a first cell design attempt, it will be modified to get more room and more details too.
The electronics will be a 18650 battery, maybe a pico light board or a nano biscotte, I have the pico, maybe I will use it, far easier to hide due to it's small size.

Capture d’écran 2018-08-27 à 18.57.47.png

Regarding emitter, I made some detailling and weathering.

patine emetteur.JPG

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back