ANH OB1 lightsaber.

I'm looking forward to see them ignited too!

Today I modified my clamp,to put the bubble exactly in the grooves.
It means there is no room on sides and under...good!
It means I have to reduce the diameter of about 1mm on the aluminum rod...no problem.
It means I will have to find a way to adjust it on the grenade without reducing the grenade diameter....much more difficult...

Andreas,did you make yours?

img_3715.jpg

Mine,with last modifications(transistors,D ring)
the rust begins to be quite good,but it went in the garden again.
Actually there are 3 grenades with rust process,mine,made by russ and two other made by parksabers for future obi sabers

Here is how I modified the clamp to fit the bubble perfectly:

img_3712.jpg

Top,standart opening,perfect for replica but not terrific for a real bubble(middle)
bottom,once the clamp modified it fits perfectly,but I had to reduce the grenade and spacer diameter under the clamp,won't be possible for a luke ANH saber.

Here you can see how I will have to shorten the lever bolt:

img_3713.jpg

Yes,the first probably already has the sound inside...
The second will find his home tomorrow.
I worry about the third,seems the guy doesn't want it anymore,I told him it was ready and he could send money,but no reply,hope he will reply soon.

Hello,

This week-end there was the sw show near home,and my friend came home.
He was the first guy to ask for a obi saber,and of course he brings the saber,with electronics inside.
I made a small video:

Obi-Wan first fx lightsaber

Sorry,no sound,I took the movie in the show,lots of people and screams....

right,I was thinking about it,but don't know.
Maybe not a star wars theme,but something else,but I don't know how tho change music on video,sorry,will experiment.
For the moment I will leave it as it is,and make a new obiwan with light and sound,now I have blades and batteries.....
just leds are missing.
Ah,soldering tool too!
I have two extra spares pieces in stock for same sabers(parks grenades,clamps and boosters),but forgot the boosters on the stand at the show....so,I will use a Russ aluminum booster I have at home.

Here is some grenade history,or how time makes his job...

img_4210.jpg

-one hour
-one day
-one week
-one month
-one year
-one century

The "month" grenade has a artificial weathering starting process,so it appears older than real.
The "year" is a "2 years" in real but has sleeped for about one full year without patina variation...
The "century" was polished by previous owner,so I had to re-do a old look on the brass,in fact it's made from two grenades,one fully cleaned(so,the steel was damaged by cleaning),and another not cleaned,but not complete(no windvane,no rod),so I took the brass front from the damaged one.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the best compromise for a obi saber is the "month" grenade.

Nicely done, Patrice. What's the listing of the makers of each grenade? I can mostly guess based on the windvane/stem designs, but just to be sure...

one is park saber other are russ.
about old one I think there was several different makers due to lots of variation,especially on the brass part(easier to see,because of better conservation),some have a kind of groove like the replicas but most of them(ones I saw) had no groove.

I've seen quite a few of those in my searches... They're more common on (but not limited to) the larger combo taps meant for bathtubs, whereas the ones we use are for sinks/bidets.

Will keep the uncommon one for my own saber,because the cap is made from metal and because it's quite more weathered than the other one.

pommeaux.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back