tron legacy light cycle replica, which one is best? deluxe version or game version?

razorsharp192

Sr Member
i've been looking at the little 7 inch toy for a replica, like this one, the "deluxe" version of the toy:

tron_lightcycle_samflynn.jpg

but then i've just seen that the new tron ps3/xbox game collectors edition comes with a sideshow little 7 inch replica too, any thoughts on which replica is better?

tronce360.jpg

the one that comes with the game looks quite nice because it comes with a case too, has anyone got either of these?

Re: tron legacy light cycle replica, which one is best? deluxe version or game versio

They are replicas of different generations of the bikes.

Re: tron legacy light cycle replica, which one is best? deluxe version or game versio

ahh, is the game one supposed to be inbetween the old and new films?

ahh, is the game one supposed to be inbetween the old and new films?

Yes. And I hate to say it... but I like the games bike design BETTER. And I haven't ever even played the game!

I dig the game version, too. Hopefully Spin Master will put out a toy version when they do their Evolution figure line that's supposed to be coming up. (Apparently the collectors edition cycle isn't worth the additional 70 bucks. Not surprised.)

i was debating this today as well. the 7 inch ones that are available are just not worth it. the only really really cool version is the hot toys version but that's not available yet either. other then that, i might get the Flynn white light cycle in 7 inch form. looks nice.

Unlike the Spin Master light cycle, the one that comes with the Collectors Edition of Tron: Evolution is STATIC, the wheels don't spin, the rider doesn't come off, but it does light up. The Spin Master version has wheels that spin, sound, air brakes, a rider that comes off the bike and lights up. For the price, the Spin Master Light Cycle is a better deal.

An interesting aside, when I brought the Spin Master light cycle for Daniel Simon (the guy who designed the light cycle for the movie) to sign he said he hated the toy.

I prefer the movie one. This one seems too big and clunky.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back