Aliens Related - Model Part Identification Needed

LDR

Sr Member
I am currently working on a Aliens Dropship helmet build, and there is some great information available on the Alien Legacy Forums.

However, one part which hasn't been identified, and I'm not even sure if its off a model kit or not, is this:

Does anyone recognise this part, as part from a model kit? It looks almost like a tank barrel end, but with bigger hole sections.

The plaited items and teeth, are a push bike pump adaptor, which is sitting in the un-indentified piece. Heres a pic of the whole lot:

The size is around 9mm wide, by 10mm high.

However, looking at the lower pic, it looks like the cylinders might be all one piece. So would be more like 20mm high.

Some sort of engine exhaust?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Lewis

(p.s. if the owner of the photo minds, please tell me and i'll remove it)

Sorry not the wheels inside, thats part of the cycle pump adaptor.

I'm talking about the outter cage part.

Thanks anyway.

It doesnt look like a kitpart to me.

More like a rubber part (the molding lines is huge lol) and it's not straight (of course those parts could be warped castings but I dont think because the material looks black, so it could really be rubber).

Also I agree, I think that's a whole piece because the molding line of the bottom part follows the line of the cage part !

Looks some kind of valve, from say an inflatable or the like...and id agree with Julien, looks rubber maybe, and NOT a kit part.

lee

I think it is a hydrolic hose connector , the type you push down hard and twist to lock in instead of screwing with a thread. It looks as if they have just cast up resin copies and dropped the hose in the top. They are also used on oxy/ gas cylinders and compressors etc.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Would it be possible for people to link to some examples? I'm having trouble finding ones that look anything like the prop version.

By the parting line I would say it's plastic, and it's gray underneath the paint. The bottom piece seems straight on one and angled on the other.

Pretty much everything else on the helmet is from model kits (and a polaroid camera), seems odd this part wouldnt be from a model.

its not from a model kit haha i know what it is!!

does this ring a bell?
p_2191982_1.jpg

Can't really find a picture of the older versions. Its one of those old hoses! i had one looking exactly like that a few years ago :/ Wy did i threw it away!!!

Thanks for that.

I know the braided part of the helmet, as i said in my first post that part is a bike pump adaptor. However, its the part the end of the bike pump adaptor is sitting in I am trying to find out.
This i believe is a separate item.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back