Tron Legacy: the Other Props

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Alright so there were several cool spoilerish props.

Sam's chip at the end.

The Tron light up figure, which I believe is based on the Rinzler figure you can buy now, though i cant remember if the lights were white and it would need a new head.

As well as the CLU figure that lit up. Hopefully they make this one soon...

The little silver adn gold cube things in Kevin's room that Clue aws playing with.

Also as seen in the trailers, Sam's room had one of the new Kevin light cycles, one white one black, and one of the old yellow Tomy light cycles.

Tron_Legacy_12913391369753.jpg

Tron_Legacy_12913393852553.jpg

Last edited:
IIRC, young Sam also had two little Bit 'figures' in his room, on his bookshelf.

Additional set dressing for Sam's room includes two models of the "vintage" lightcycle on his shelf, one white (like his father's as shown much later in the film) and one black. There is also a copy of Disney's "The Black Hole" on the shelf and an Encom "Tron" game poster (amongst the other "Tron" items).

But for actual props from the scene, I can only think of the Tron and CLU action figures.

You forgot about the light up cane that Zuse had, Sam's hacking phone, and you could do the blue water glass bottle.

Last edited:
as soon as I saw Sam's pendant at the end of the movie I figured someone would make it. hopefully, we will get some good images soon

That movie is soooo good. Ya bunch of sweet items in that movie. Heck I would even be happy to get some stickers or decals of the 89 logo from the back of his Motorcycle helmet.

Maybe once the movie dies down and we start having shows with no one in them I will be able to pause the film and take a picture of a few props. :D

Sweet! Yeah a pic of that chip would rawk. :thumbsup

The chip appears twice in the movie. The first scene you see it in is the scene where Sam breaks into Encom's servers. You see him uploading a file using his cellphone, which he connects the chip.

And there's another prop right there! Sam's Cellphone. It's a Nokia, right? Anyone figured out the model?

Actually, I know that there are new Encom badges from the ARG, but what about the ones in the film? Can anyone remember them? And do they match the ARG's?

And I know this one is an old-school one, but the Encom ID from the first film has a basic design that can easily be duplicated.

it almost looks like the silver and gold " stars " might be like a Rubik's cube, at least thats what I think they resemble, though no searches I have conducted have pulled anything up, so I may be wrong

Last edited:
Additional set dressing for Sam's room includes two models of the "vintage" lightcycle on his shelf, one white (like his father's as shown much later in the film) and one black. There is also a copy of Disney's "The Black Hole" on the shelf and an Encom "Tron" game poster (amongst the other "Tron" items).

But for actual props from the scene, I can only think of the Tron and CLU action figures.

Other 'found items' on his shelf:
There's a V.I.N.Cent figure on the bookshelf. You see it behind the light cycles, so it's out of focus, but pretty obvious. (Could be a B.O.B., looks like there's a dent on his head.)
Handheld electronic games: Entex Soccer (Just before the light cycles), I'm pretty sure a Radio Shack Helicopter Attack (behind the two figures engaged in a disc fight) and Tomy Daring Driver (seen as Flynn is walking out of his room)...
I also loved the Coleco Electronic Quarterback covered in dust in Flynn's underground office. In the original, when he's in his 'arcade lair' explaining the story of how his games got stolen, he picks up a Coleco EQ and starts playing it... I thought that was a nice touch.

The two "Bits" look like they were actually a found item to me. Years ago there were transforming cubes that you could get in mail order catalogs and smaller toy stores, that looked like this:

il_fullxfull.74810688.jpg

Now, most of them just looked like that (With colors instead of pictures) but some of the more complicated/well made ones when opened up and laid flat could actually be split at the seams, long-ways. Those two long-ways pieces could then be folded onto themselves to form the exact shape of those two bits.

The horizontal edge furthest from Bridges in the photo has a slight gap in it, which is always how that toy used to behave too. I'll see if I can find my old one for reference, but until then, I'm fairly certain that at the very least the shape was based on one of those toys, if not just a painted version of it.

EDIT: FOUND IT! It seems to be called a Yoshimoto cube. And perhaps it wasn't painted after all. Check out this link: http://adwoon.com/zbxe/?mid=tutorial&listStyle=gallery&document_srl=4125

DOUBLE EDIT: And here's where to buy them: http://www.momastore.org/museum/mom...866&LangId=-1&promoCode=8K119&cid=GPS07230901

-Nick

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back